Texas Fishing Forum

Headed back from falcon ( pics added)

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Headed back from falcon ( pics added) - 04/16/12 08:10 PM

Well one of my best friends are headed back from falcon. We camped at the state park and have video of lightning striking outside our tent. It rained hard last night and we zeroed on one of our best spots. The wind had started coming out of the north so we decided to fish new water we couldn't fish in the south winds. We found a point and imediatly started whacking them on deep cranks sitting in 17 ft and throwing to the tip of the point. Points with rock were definatly key the whole trip. We had a lot of fish From three and a half to ten pounds. We got falconed twice and I had one that was just a giant that threw the crank. I had just caught an eight and this fish dawarfed it. Oh well next time but my buddy did get to join me in the double didgit club with a 10.4. His pb before was a little over five so almost doubled. I have to admit I had probably caught less than 6 fish on deep cranks before this trip but it really shined for us this trip. Pearl dd22 and chartreuse and blue 6xd I'm not sure how but we didn't loose a crank. My friend got falconed and the fish shook it loose and we got it floating I broke one off and be snagged I and reeled it in a few min later. You hear people talk about bass thumb but I have bass hand cause the fish we caught your thumb went past there lip banana anyway I have some pics if someone could help post we are on the road I could txt or email them. Hated to leave them biting.

Posted By: Chet

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/16/12 09:19 PM

Sounds like a heck of a trip! Congrats

Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/16/12 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: robert hunter
...I'm not sure how but we didn't loose a crank...
That is mucho lucky, I lost about $60 worth two weeks ago.

Congrats on a great trip!

Posted By: toadaholic

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/16/12 09:26 PM

That sounds like an awesome trip. Me and my dad are headed that way thurs. thru Monday. We are also staying at the state park. We can't wait !!!!

Posted By: 10 lbs or bust

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/16/12 09:34 PM

Congrats on the fine trip gentlemen......sat. Was sure a tough one out there.

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/16/12 09:52 PM

Yea saturdays wind was nasty. If I don't find some help on the pics I'll upload tomorrow.

Posted By: crowslegend

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/16/12 11:51 PM

Great job!! I was there 3wks ago and getting back is all I can think about.

Posted By: Mrs. fouzman

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/17/12 12:36 AM

That is a Awesome Lake, I know I can not wait to go back.

Posted By: Yum!

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/17/12 04:29 AM

Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/17/12 04:36 AM

thumb

Posted By: JPost

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/17/12 12:11 PM

Awesome!

Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/17/12 12:25 PM

We'll be there a week from tomorrow. Can't wait...

Posted By: JEakin

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/17/12 01:43 PM

Nice fish, sounds like you had a great time. Makes it tough for me to prepare for my Stockton tournament this weekend.

On the flip side See you in two weeks Mr. Falcon. No surprised Bassmaster just selected Lake Falcon as the #1 Bass lake in the country!

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/17/12 03:25 PM

I don't know who all was down there this weekend but one of the neatest things was the migrating butterfly's. At some points they almost looked like white out snow lol. So if you are going don't forget to take a second and look around and take in a wonderfull place. We are truly blessed to have our freedom so enjoy your surroundings as much as the fish down there.

Posted By: dafiedla

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/17/12 04:27 PM

congrats and thanks for the updates.

Posted By: JPost

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/17/12 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: robert hunter
I don't know who all was down there this weekend but one of the neatest things was the migrating butterfly's. At some points they almost looked like white out snow lol. So if you are going don't forget to take a second and look around and take in a wonderfull place. We are truly blessed to have our freedom so enjoy your surroundings as much as the fish down there.

Yes sir, I've seen some amazing things down there with migrations to and from Mexico (not talking about illegals here. lol).

Posted By: Sooner Claus

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/17/12 04:40 PM

Glad you had a good trip and your friend got a pb. Rub some ashes into that thumb/palm to make it last longer.

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/18/12 04:03 AM

Lol yea thanks for the help sooner claus bass hand never bad:)

Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Headed back from falcon - 04/18/12 12:24 PM

I think the pic of the hand says it ALL!!!! banana

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum