Texas Fishing Forum

Kistler Rods

Posted By: MI angler

Kistler Rods - 04/06/12 01:35 AM

I am interested in Kistler. Never had one of their rods. Looking for opinions, good and bad, on them. Do you think they are good rods? Anyone had any experience in dealing with their service department - cooperative, helpful, hard to get a hold of,etc. Overall performance for the price, etc.
I appreciate your input.

Posted By: Justin B

Re: Kistler Rods - 04/06/12 01:47 AM

My older brother got a 7'3 z-bone jig rod for me and spent a dime on it. I can tell that its a high dollar rod the sensitivity on that thing is out of this world and its super lite and balanced perfectly. Now Im not saying its worth the full price but its definitively not a 100-200 dollar rod. jmo

Posted By: JW.

Re: Kistler Rods - 04/06/12 03:02 AM

I've owned the magnesium and have a helium right now. love them.

Posted By: Jorzac

Re: Kistler Rods - 04/06/12 05:40 AM

I fish with Helium LTAs exclusively. The best, lightest rod I've ever felt. Very strong and sensitive. The service department is second to none. Very quick turnaround and just good, nice people. If you are ever in magnolia, go by the shop and you can talk to Trey Kistler himself with any questions you have. You won't find nicer people or a better rod.

Posted By: 210amatuerangler

Re: Kistler Rods - 04/06/12 05:48 AM

Kistlers are great. I have 4 of the Magnesiums and love them. They are pretty versatile too. As far as weight, there are rods that are lighter, but these things are the best when it comes to sensitivity.

Posted By: basseditor

Re: Kistler Rods - 04/06/12 10:30 AM

I have magnesiums, heliums and zbones. I'm changing all my rods to zbones as I can. I've never had a problem with any of them. They are very sensitive.

Posted By: b00stin4

Re: Kistler Rods - 04/06/12 01:43 PM

Been using a magnesium for almost a yr
Had no issues and like the rod

Posted By: BassSlayer

Re: Kistler Rods - 04/06/12 02:25 PM

Great rods at every price level! I would get a Helium micro rod and try it, then move to ZBone if you can! Both are awesome, light and sensitive and strong!

Posted By: BASS101

Re: Kistler Rods - 04/24/12 08:59 PM

I have been fishing the Mags and Heliums for 4 years now and I love mine. Try one you will not regret it.

Posted By: Jedfish

Re: Kistler Rods - 04/24/12 09:49 PM

had a mag spinning rod and sold it. good rod, but I didn't like the way that the threads on the reel seat were so exposed...they rubbed my finger all wrong. I like to have my index finger on the rod in front of the reel, but the threads were all in the way. also it was too tip heavy for me.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum