Texas Fishing Forum

What to be expected on Falcon

Posted By: chartwick

What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 02:09 AM

We are thinking about heading to Falcon either in June or July. I have read all the post on here about great days on Falcon catching 50-100 fish per day. Can a guy that has never been on that lake before expect to catch fish like this. Do you have to have alot of knowledge of the lake and specific spots to catch them that good? What can a guy really honestly expect heading to Falcon? Thanks for your imput.

Posted By: slim 285

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 02:15 AM

Bring lots of sun screen and drink lots of water and you will be happy. If you are not use to the heat you will probabaly DIE

Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 02:23 AM

You can expect 100-113 degf during that time frame. As far as how many fish you can catch....I would not even venture to take a guess.

Posted By: Alton K

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 02:24 AM

Hell, it's 115 in the shade down there in July! It was 99 on Saturday!

-alton

Posted By: Jmsteele

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 02:27 AM

If you can find some good offshore rock you can catch them. For me learning to read my side imaging was the key to catching fish on falcon.

Posted By: Thinwater skinner

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 02:39 AM

It may not get below 100 at night so guess what the day time hights are going to be. Drink a lot of water and take breaks out of the sun. Good Luck

Posted By: JD/76708

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 02:43 AM

Drink beer when you get back home....bring/buy BIG baits, that is what I've been told...hoping to go by the end of the year myself..

Posted By: chartwick

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 03:16 AM

Which lake do you think is more consitant Fork or Falcon? Are fish eaier to catch at Falcon?

Posted By: 10 lbs or bust

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 03:36 AM

100% certainties

1.) HEAT and its no joke.....water water water....then some gatorade on top of that.

2.) Sunburns.....wear long sleeves and pants and still use sun screen. Be careful

No guarantees

1.) Falcon will and can humble the best of the best.....ck out the tacklewarehouse vids of Marty Stone and Jared Lintner. I talked to Marty at the dock twice and he was worried about getting enough video at the time.
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/vlogpage.html?ccode=VLOG187

2.) With that said you can certainly come down and get in em and have the trip of a lifetime.....(I would put those odds at roughly 20% this year as apposed to 50% in years past.)

If you want this to be a bucket list type of trip I would STRONGLY recommend hiring a guide to start your trip out.

Robert Amaya, Tgutie(TFF member) or anyone on the link below would be solid choices.

http://www.tackleandrods.com/lake/guides.htm

I can help you out as well.....especially in July. My June is about half full. Either way, I wish you the best and let me know if I can help.

Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 03:39 AM

My favorite time of the year to fish Falcon. It's hot, but so is the fishing. Shoot me a PM when you plan on coming down here and I'll help ya out.

Posted By: Cloud Dancer

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 03:48 AM

I grew up in Rio Grande valley, working in the fields. I know how to survive in blistering heat. I love bass fishing, but I would not choose to go fishing at Falcon in the summer.
If you go, put TWICE as much water in the boat as you think you'll need. And, do NOT fail to dress appropriately. Also, be ready to call it quits at the first hint of over-exposure.

Posted By: FZ1

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 04:49 AM

You can expect a long,hard,drive.

Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 06:28 AM

I hear they have some big Hybrids in that lake as well, can anyone give some insight on that?

Posted By: Falconer

Re: What to be expected on Falcon - 04/03/12 08:56 AM

Originally Posted By: CHAMPION FISH
I hear they have some big Hybrids in that lake as well, can anyone give some insight on that?
Falcon has no hybrids , Back in the late 80's till into the 90's we had stripers, but none now .

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum