Texas Fishing Forum

Yum Dingers or Senko

Posted By: Semper Fish75

Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 04:54 PM

Never fished either, gonna try them out. What seems to have the best luck...wacky style, weightless like a floating worm or on a C-Rig?

Posted By: 96speed

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 04:57 PM

The Yum Dingers last a little longer for me. Caught fish on both Yum and Yamamoto, but haven't used them enough to noticed a difference either way.

Edit: To answer the question, wacky and texas rigged is how I've used them.

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:03 PM

Texas rigged huh?

Posted By: Bill Waldschmidt

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:03 PM

Weightless tx rigged Senko in the spring

In the summer, add a weight and switch to a Dinger to fish deeper

Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:04 PM

Any of those methods u listed, but buy a pack of each, throw 'em weightless, and see which one u like better...

You're gonna get a split (slight tilt towards the Yammies) on the opinions, more than likely...

Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:05 PM

Yum Dingers last longer, and are a little cheaper than Yamamoto's.

Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:05 PM

+ what Bill said above... ^^^

Posted By: David D.

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:06 PM

Weightless i'll only throw senko's, but if your are going to weight it wave, yum, and lft have all worked equally as good for me

Posted By: senko9S

senko

Posted By: WTN

Dinger

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:08 PM

so weightless your just twitching and swimming it?

Posted By: STEVE B

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:09 PM

ive only done weightless or a little split shot.. 2 years ago after watching alton jones pitching cover with the dinger and a big weight my tourney partner did it and caught quite a few that morning.. senkos seem to be a hot ticket on amistad now so im gonna try em easter down there.. havent really heard how people were rigging them, they just say catching em on senkos..

Posted By: Manchu

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:12 PM

we throw em on a 3/16 tungsten

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:15 PM

ive used senkos , dingers and alot of knockoffs and have had any better luck with one over another

Posted By: Wavemaker

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:22 PM

Try our new Super Soft Pro Tiki Stick. For the price you cannot beat it. Tackle Warehouse has them for $4.99 which is a crazy good deal. I can assure you the weight is the same and the Senko and they are just as soft. The shimmy on the fall everyone talks about is every bit as good. Like the others said if you are using a weight the original Tiki Stick is a better option as they are slightly more durable.

Posted By: westtexgolfer

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:26 PM

big bite baits..... stick bait is good too and on sale at academy for 2 bucks a back... go get some!!!

Posted By: Texas Husker

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: westtexgolfer
big bite baits..... stick bait is good too and on sale at academy for 2 bucks a back... go get some!!!

+1000

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:35 PM

big bite baits....don't remember seeing them

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Husker

+1000
that was one of the knockoffs that i couldnt remember name... i use those alot.. i usually rig those weightless or a split shot and fish em near surface like a jerkbait...

Posted By: Bill Waldschmidt

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Semper Fish75
big bite baits....don't remember seeing them

They sell them at Academy. I buy the 25 packs for fishing weighted tx rig.

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 05:51 PM

I'm gonna give them a try

Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: fish636
Try our new Super Soft Pro Tiki Stick. For the price you cannot beat it. The shimmy on the fall everyone talks about is every bit as good.
+1 Yamamoto TWIN!

Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 06:07 PM

Dingers - I also have good with them on a shaky head

Posted By: senko show

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 06:29 PM

Pay the extra money and go with the senko, thats what all these other brands are trying to copy, that should tell you something right there!

Posted By: Carlos Martinez

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 06:35 PM

I usually T-rig the senko or fish it weightless

the Yum dingers I fish wacky and wacky only

Posted By: OkieKev

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 06:38 PM

I have wondered the same thing about a difference in brands, but no matter what you use, the flat catch fish! I have had good luck Texas rigging them with a nail weight inserted into the back end, upon rest, this makes the bait slide backward. Maybe just a different look sometimes.

Posted By: Viper Rods

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 06:39 PM

I have had the most luck with Senko. Texas Rigged

Posted By: Brandon Shook

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 06:43 PM

Weightless or wacky rigged senko thumb

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 07:20 PM

Semper Fi

Posted By: ssj3goten

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 07:25 PM

SENKOS for me, pricey...yes, might only get one fish per worm...sure but they work great!

I rig wacky then weightless T-rig

Posted By: hookm32

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 07:45 PM

Any of those methods work well weightless depending on depth and wind which will effect how well you can fish them If conditions right wind ect, weightless is best. YOu can Tex rig, carolina rig ect and they are great, even wacky rig-drop shot with the smaller ones.

the wiggle of the weigtless is what you looking for, if you toss one in a pool or clear water you can see it work

Ive used both started with Yamamoto but for $2 a difference in bag price and you get a 7 pack of 6" for around 6.50 for yums vs 6 pack in senkos for almost 8 bucks.

The senkos have a bit more salt in them which will cause them to erode faster in water and with fish eating them yums will last a little longer

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 08:01 PM

I'm gonna give it a shot this evening

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 08:11 PM

yamamotos.. you dont work them, the work for you SON!! sorry, thats my roland martin quote for the day..

Posted By: onefishtwofishredfishbluefish

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 08:16 PM

senkos "i lick em with that"

Posted By: Alpha199

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 08:22 PM

dinger, weightless in watermelon and pearl laminate is hard to beat. I also like the hook slot on the dinger!!!!!

Posted By: jwilson1987

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 08:37 PM

big bite baits, but if I'm going to spend the extra money I'll get the wave worms tiki stick. Love those. watermelon red tail dipped in chartreuse wacky, weightless, or texas rigged.

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/28/12 10:45 PM

who even carries the wave worm? i bought some at academy years ago , now i dont see em..

Posted By: Compassman

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 02:26 AM

Weightless, it has to be a Senko.

Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 02:35 AM

Picked up some dingers at wal mart tonight 3.00 per pack. I like to c-rig them. if weightless I prefer the senko. Wal mart is carrying quite a bit of new tackle but senkos at wally world are still almost 7.00 per pack.

Posted By: VetteRprMan

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 02:49 AM

Funny to see this post. I fished today. I took Senkos, Yum Dingers and some other brands I dug up in my stash. I caught about twenty fish. The Senko has always worked the best if you fish them weightless. I t-rig them and throw them and let them sink. Seems like if you move them on the initial fall you won't get as many bites. Down at Falcon I use the big 7" dingers with a 3/4oz tungsten weight. Senkos don't last as long, but they catch more fish. Thats been my experience with them.

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 07:57 PM

Gonna try them tonight

Posted By: westtexgolfer

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 08:00 PM

Wave Worm went to online only 2 years ago I believe... or something like that had a huge sale and I bought a ton

Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 08:07 PM

Yum Dingers and take the extra cash you saved and buy a coke on the way out.

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: txwhitetail

HA!!!!!!

Posted By: WTXHooker

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: txwhitetail

thumb

Posted By: demok83

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 08:31 PM

Either one, Yum dingers are alot more affordable, so I usually go with those.

Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: STEVE B
who even carries the wave worm? i bought some at academy years ago , now i dont see em..
Wave Worm went to online only 2 years ago I believe... or something like that had a huge sale and I bought a ton
You can buy Waves stuff @ Tackle Warehouse also- At a bargain!

Posted By: AgSellers04

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 08:56 PM

I like to rig them either weightless or wacky and sometimes with a small spit shot about 12 to inches up the line if I need to get it down further. In my experience the Yum dinger is more durable but the Senko has better action underwater.

Posted By: Rolo

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 09:05 PM

Dinger

Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/29/12 10:30 PM

I always thought Yamamotos had more 'wiggle' but the fish seem to like my old stock pile of Wave Worms just fine.

Posted By: cegrace

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/30/12 01:04 AM

Give me Wave Worms!

Posted By: Will Peet

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/30/12 01:12 AM

I like Dingers because they are scented and full of salt. However, Senkos are softer and seem easier to rig. Because of this, I like Dingers for wacky rigging and Senkos for texas rigging.

Posted By: sunfish5

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/30/12 06:01 AM

senko is worth the money and great colors to boot. The tiki thing never worked for me. The 7" senko is a awesome bait to sling into a cedar tree, have wacked um big time on that pattern.

Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 03/30/12 03:03 PM

I've alway's used the dinger's but recently I purchased some Bass Pro Shop Stik-o's and I've been catching a lot of bass on them. Plus they're about half the price.

Posted By: Don Morey

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 04/14/12 07:29 PM

Whats a senco look like.

Posted By: SALEBACKID

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 04/14/12 07:55 PM

BIGBITEBAITS: TRICK STICK! Best Bang4Buck!!!! Do U really think that the Bass know its a Senko vs Dinger vs TrickStick???????? NADA* Buy your favorite color and Fish!

Posted By: Reece Holt

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 04/14/12 08:07 PM

dingers for sure. still have awesome action and waaaaaay better scent. the price is also way better. the dinger also has all my favorite colors and the senko doesnt.

Posted By: Don Morey

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 04/14/12 08:26 PM

PICS!

Posted By: JPost

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 04/14/12 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Will Peet
I like Dingers because they are scented and full of salt. However, Senkos are softer and seem easier to rig. Because of this, I like Dingers for wacky rigging and Senkos for texas rigging.

+1

Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 04/14/12 09:54 PM

I use all three, Dingers, Waves, and Senkos. I have favorite colors in each brand that the other does not have. They all catch fish but I seem to use the Dingers the most followed by the Waves then the Senkos.

I have some of the BigBite ones and tossed one in the pool at the house and it did not wiggle at all. It may catch fish but I would rather throw the others that wiggle.

Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 04/14/12 10:54 PM

yum

Posted By: Wavemaker

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 04/14/12 11:30 PM

Wave Tiki Stick!

Posted By: JPost

Re: Yum Dingers or Senko - 04/15/12 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Bream Bum
Whats a senco look like.

Senkos = Stick Baits. Yamato (sp?) cameout with them and called them Senko. Then everyone else made them.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum