Texas Fishing Forum

My Falcon Lake

Posted By: frankdi

My Falcon Lake - 03/26/12 12:47 AM

Hi guys, been on this board for a few years now as I make an annual trip to Falcon. I love Texas bass fishing. You guys have one hell of a fishery down there.
I run Niagara Sportfishing and guide on Lake Erie out of Fort Erie Ontario.
I wanted to share my fishery with you guys. I am hoping someone that knows Falcon well might want to trade trips with me, or maybe some of you might make the trip up here and book a few trips for some of the best smallmouth fishing in the world.
We had a real mild winter up here and this is the earliest I have ever been out on the lake. Not one pieces of ice this year. Normally, I cant get out til the second week of April.
Here are some pics from my last two trips. Just fun fishing with some friends one day and my brother today, trying to find out whats going on before my guided trips begin. We had a great jerkbait bite on the calm warm day and a great dropshot bite on the windy nastier day. Biggest fish was seven lbs and we got a bunch over five and a few over six. The numbers on Erie can be crazy, had a couple from OK up here last year in their mid sixties. They boated 85 smallies themselves...up to six and a half lbs. One thing about the guides up here....we dont fish!! Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Posted By: fwfisher

Re: My Falcon Lake - 03/26/12 01:06 AM

I spent 4 years in north central NY (syracuse) and other than the winter break its absolutely the best fishing ever. The finger/thumb lakes are crazy pretty with their clear water and rocky banks. Erie is ridiculous with the fatty smallmouths and big ol rollers. I like the southern culture but the fishing in NY is certainly superior. Sorry to say guys... I've been to Falcon plenty of times and that can be comparable numbers wise (bertha size is a bonus) but living in DFW you can't get down there every weekend.

Good luck on finding a trip trade, it would be an experience for sure...Erie and Falcon are literally IMO the two best fisheries in this country for two absolutely different styles of fishing.

Sold my Triton last year because of work...If you want to come down and can't find anyone to go with, PM me and we can figure out a guide/date to do it!

Posted By: huntnfishtex

Re: My Falcon Lake - 03/26/12 01:08 AM

Good lord I would love to catch some smallies like that! Do you have a website? Can't help you out on falcon but would def be interested in taking the old lady up for for a trip.

Posted By: RayBob

Re: My Falcon Lake - 03/26/12 01:11 AM

Nice fatty SM. Wish I could help you out but I'm stuck here in East Texas and have to be content with TBend and Rayburn. 8 hours+ drive for me.

Posted By: RayBob

Re: My Falcon Lake - 03/26/12 01:13 AM

I'd take a 6.5 lb smallie over a 10 lb LM any day! I lived in Maine for almost 2 years and the clear water and pure numbers of SM almost ruined me.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum