Texas Fishing Forum

Boga Grips

Posted By: Alpokeene

Boga Grips - 03/03/12 01:06 PM

Does anyone use these? Are they worth the money? Good/Bad experience with them? I have been watching the MLF, watching them use them and they seem like a pretty good scale.

Posted By: Lakeguide

Re: Boga Grips - 03/03/12 02:08 PM

They are ok, not a super accurate scale, or at least the one I had was not. I used them for kids to hold fish in pictures. They hold a fish great. I made the mistake of holding a 40# catfish with mine. It started rolling and twisted the jaws apart and ruined the open close mechanism. So I replaced with a much cheaper immatation pair from BPS. They seem to be just as good.

Posted By: Stompy

Re: Boga Grips - 03/03/12 02:16 PM

I have a set and they are dead on. I like mine..

Posted By: Jacob_Breaux

Re: Boga Grips - 03/03/12 03:01 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/7193935/Re_Boga_Worth_it#Post7193935
thumb

Posted By: fjackie

Re: Boga Grips - 03/03/12 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: *Lakeguide*
They are ok, not a super accurate scale

Don't agree with this. Mine is dead on. 15# model has 1/4# increments

Posted By: Tick...

Re: Boga Grips - 03/04/12 02:43 AM

Bogas are a fine product and the best of it's kind, there are many copys out there. Used them in salt water for years with no noticable wear.Bought my first pair backin 1993. I now use them for bass fishin,g the 15lb model. For me they are a landing tool and good for handling fish also good for photos especially for kids and others not used to handling fish. scales are accurate enough but not for culling fish. My main use for them is landing fish with mouths full of trebles (I don't use nets xcept in tourneys) and removing hooks with pliers. They are spendy but well worth it and the price has been the same for many years. Most people put floats on them just in case.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum