Texas Fishing Forum

Classic vs. Daytona??

Posted By: Boo in FW

Classic vs. Daytona?? - 02/22/12 05:33 PM

I can't figure out why the Classic is scheduled the same weekend as Daytona? The two events obviously share a great number of fans and I realize the TV coverage doesn't overlap but from an attendance, TV ratings or marketing standpoint, I just can't make sense of the timing. I'd love to hear some insight if you have it.

hmmm

Posted By: fouzman

Re: Classic vs. Daytona?? - 02/22/12 05:50 PM

No idea. Other than the date of this year's 500 was announced on June 20, 2011 and is a week later than normal.

Bass announced their schedule for the 2012 Elite Series on August 30, 2011, but the 2011 Classic dates had been announced as Shreveport long before that.

Posted By: Boo in FW

Re: Classic vs. Daytona?? - 02/22/12 06:09 PM

I noticed the last 2 years have been on the same weekend. Not sure if that's a trend or not.

Posted By: throwback

Re: Classic vs. Daytona?? - 02/22/12 07:30 PM

Danica Patrick vs KVD, don't know about you but NASCAR sure scored high in the marketing category vs BASS.

Posted By: buda13

Re: Classic vs. Daytona?? - 02/22/12 07:36 PM

I prefer to record the 500 so I can fast forward through all the slow parts of the race anyway. I really dont think it will matter or cost BASS anything having the events on the same day, the weigh ins will have more people attending than the arena has seats for.

Posted By: Ride-or-Fish ®

Re: Classic vs. Daytona?? - 02/22/12 07:39 PM

im glad bass boats can turn different directions than just left.

grin

eeks

bolt

Posted By: AP Castino

Re: Classic vs. Daytona?? - 02/23/12 04:06 AM

Could you imagine bump drafting down the Red River.

Posted By: ctbassnut

Re: Classic vs. Daytona?? - 02/23/12 04:13 AM

TV coverage of the classic, Just plain suxs anyway..They have never been any good at that as far as broadcasting it. If they would just realize live coverage would bring in higher rating. Oh well BASS stinks from the day ESPN took over.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum