Texas Fishing Forum

Rain/Cold weather suit???

Posted By: R2BfishN

Rain/Cold weather suit??? - 02/17/12 05:04 PM

Looking to buy a parka and bib style suit that will keep me dry and warm in the winter months. Was thinking of getting the BassPro 100mph suit, are there any recommendations?

Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Rain/Cold weather suit??? - 02/17/12 05:10 PM

I have the BPS 100 mph and like it alot. I also got a new Gil rainsuit this last year, and really like it as well. Plus the Gil is a little lighter. Both are very good though!

Posted By: T Bird

Re: Rain/Cold weather suit??? - 02/17/12 06:05 PM

Might check out the "Pro Rainer" line. I've had mine since 97 and would'nt trade it for anything.

Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Rain/Cold weather suit??? - 02/17/12 06:10 PM

I finally had a chance to put my Frabill FXE Stormsuit to the test last weekend and I am very pleased. The way it is designed just feels better. You don't have that Michelin Man kinda feel. It was 100% dry as well. I like it better than the other suits I have had.

Posted By: Chet

Re: Rain/Cold weather suit??? - 02/17/12 06:11 PM

Bought my Cabels Guide Wear rain suit 4 years ago and swear by it. Got the un-insulated one and with a sweat shirt under you get hot if it's not colld enough. There are several brands out there and probably can't go wrong with any of them.

Posted By: holsterguy

Re: Rain/Cold weather suit??? - 02/17/12 06:16 PM

Gonna test my H20 suit tomorrow. Should get enough rain to know. Only negative comments I've seen on it are from people who use the gortex and never tried the H20 so we'll see.

Posted By: Tom Groves

Re: Rain/Cold weather suit??? - 02/17/12 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: holsterguy
Gonna test my H20 suit tomorrow. Should get enough rain to know. Only negative comments I've seen on it are from people who use the gortex and never tried the H20 so we'll see.

I`ve had mine for two years now and it`s always kept me dry.

Posted By: Chris G

Re: Rain/Cold weather suit??? - 02/17/12 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
I have the BPS 100 mph and like it alot. I also got a new Gil rainsuit this last year, and really like it as well. Plus the Gil is a little lighter. Both are very good though!

I've had the same 100MPH suit for 3 years and its been awesome...completely water proof and more importantly wind proof therefore very warm

Posted By: ChrisMorris

Re: Rain/Cold weather suit??? - 02/17/12 07:09 PM

I've got the BPS pro qualifier suit...had it for two years now and never had a problem with it. Keeps me plenty warm with enough layers on. Blocks the wind and rain very well!

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum