Texas Fishing Forum

Recommendations for Lake Conroe Bass Fishing Guides

Posted By: DBOLD

Recommendations for Lake Conroe Bass Fishing Guides - 02/06/12 09:36 PM

Just wanted to get some input on bass fishing guides for Lake Conroe. New to the area and any info would help!

Posted By: lvngstonbassmn

Re: Recommendations for Lake Conroe Bass Fishing Guides - 02/06/12 09:42 PM

Butch Terpe is pretty good, go to stowaway marina website his number is listed there with some pics and info on pricing.

Posted By: fouzman

Re: Recommendations for Lake Conroe Bass Fishing Guides - 02/06/12 09:58 PM

Most of the guides at Conroe are multi-species. I dunno if he guides any longer, but if he does, Keith Caka. He's a BASS fisherman.

Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Recommendations for Lake Conroe Bass Fishing Guides - 02/06/12 11:31 PM

Not much for strictly bass guides on Conroe anymore. It's not much of a numbers lake so most fish for whatever bends the most rods. Crappie, Hybrids and Catfish.

Bass guides got tired of not eatting. Some still guide for bass in the spring if you bend their arm.

Re: Recommendations for Lake Conroe Bass Fishing Guides - 02/06/12 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Most of the guides at Conroe are multi-species. I dunno if he guides any longer, but if he does, Keith Caka. He's a BASS fisherman.
Trying to find out if Keith will or is guiding, not to many better finding bass On Conroe than Keith. I will let you know as soon as I talk with him.

Posted By: DBOLD

Re: Recommendations for Lake Conroe Bass Fishing Guides - 02/07/12 02:27 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah, when I was searching the web it was hard to find any guides that were strictly bass. This surprises me since Conroe is considered to be an above average lake for largemouth. I'm sure the lake being at all-time lows this past summer has not been great for business either.

Re: Recommendations for Lake Conroe Bass Fishing Guides - 02/08/12 02:54 AM

Brent I sent you a pm. I talked with Keith he will be glad to take you out on Lake Conroe. Good guy to go out with.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum