Texas Fishing Forum

Reminder to lock ur stuff up

Posted By: Michael Doughty

Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 02:05 PM

In march i went to fish Fork with my cousin. We pulled up to the dock at the minnow bucket at 2:00 in the afternoon to get a hamburger to go. When we walked back to the dock less than 15 min somebody had cleaned out the boat. I figured my loss at about 2k but worse than that was the feeling it gave me. Just wanted to remind everybody to lock up

Posted By: charlieecho

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: michael doughty
In march i went to fish Fork with my cousin. We pulled up to the dock at the minnow bucket at 2:00 in the afternoon to get a hamburger to go. When we walked back to the dock less than 15 min somebody had cleaned out the boat. I figured my loss at about 2k but worse than that was the feeling it gave me. Just wanted to remind everybody to lock up

Last year at Amistad we had one of those big yeti coolers yanked from us. Our fault for leaving it for them to get though. Lock it up and if you can't then bring it in. I can't imagine being gone 15 min and that happening to me. I would be sick, and slighty pissed.... ok really pissed lol

Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 02:41 PM

The RedRanger don't Fish Fork, Too many Methheads.....

Posted By: pil,b

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 02:47 PM

Charlie, where at Amistaid did this happen,have never had any problems down there.

Posted By: Bill Waldschmidt

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 02:55 PM

I don't need a reminder to lock my stuff up

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: pil,b
Charlie, where at Amistaid did this happen,have never had any problems down there.

The one time we stayed in town at the ramada.... the bar there was jumping that night. I know I know.... We told the folks down at angler's lodge what had happened and they told us if we ever needed to just park our boat there we were more than welcome. Stay out of town and you should have no problem.

Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 03:08 PM

Don't pee in the wind.....just a reminder

Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger

That's enough of the jibber jabber, you weirdo......

Posted By: TexasBassBuster

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 03:30 PM

This happend to us last year at Tawakoni. We were in Quinlan eating breakfast and 20 minutes later they had stolen our Rods. Only about $500 worth but the feeling you get is not good afterwords. Everybody I saw in Quinlan after that point was a thief to me. Its sad because my Grand Parents have a trailer house in Quinlan that got taken over by drug heads due to my druggie uncle. PLEASE LOCK UP YOUR TACKLE OR BRING IT IN WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO. YOU MAY LOOK FUNNY TOTING AROUND RODS AND TACKLE BUT YOU MAY NEVER SEE IT AGAIN IF YOU LEAVE IT IN YOUR BOAT ANYWHERE AROUND TAWAKONI.

Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 03:33 PM

It is sad the extremes we have to go to now so that nobody jacks our stuff. I hope that cooler was full and they gave themselves a hernia lifting it.

Posted By: KSalcedo222

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
Don't pee in the wind.....just a reminder

Thats just good advise for life in general though.

Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Waldschmidt
I don't need a reminder to lock my stuff up

+1 I bring all my rods inside also at night no matter where I stay.

Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Originally Posted By: RedRanger

That's enough of the jibber jabber, you weirdo......

When did they get Internet in the State Pen.....

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: rxkid2001
It is sad the extremes we have to go to now so that nobody jacks our stuff. I hope that cooler was full and they gave themselves a hernia lifting it.

We have suspect a rogue backhoe snatched it

Posted By: reinke

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 03:49 PM

Was fishing with a guide on Fork years back. When we went in for lunch I took my all my tackle and locked it up in my truck. It was only 4 poles and a small bag of tackle but still around $2000 if I had to replace. The guide ruined the rest of the trip by giving me he!! the rest of the day. I just had way to many things stolen so I try to make them work for it alittle. I only leave things out if I can see the boat from a window inside. I hate buying things twice.

Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 04:00 PM

It happens everywhere. Several years ago i had a half day trip. When we came in around noon the couple had decided that they had some much fun that they would like to go back out. They got in there truck and drove in to town to get a bite to eat. I had the boat tied to the Isle du bois dock. I walked up to the restrooms and my truck to take care of business only to come back to rod lockers open and rods and electronics missing,,only took 10 minutes for this to happen. Although there was loading and unloading going on nobody really sees want happening as they are in there on little world at that point.

Posted By: Michael Doughty

Re: Reminder to lock ur stuff up - 01/31/12 04:02 PM

The sad part is that nobody was seen aound the dock except other Bass boats. It was a fellow fisherman in a boat that got my stuff

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum