Texas Fishing Forum

Installation of power pole

Posted By: NoFishTales

Installation of power pole - 12/27/11 03:15 PM

How hard of a process is it to install a power pole?
I was under the impression it was NOT a long tedious process. But, i just had a dealer tell me that it would take a couple days in the shop because they had to take the motor off.....
Is this correct?

Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: Installation of power pole - 12/27/11 03:19 PM

Depends on the boat and if you have a jackplate or not.. It can still be done in 2-3 hours. I think going rate is 4 hours for a single pole install.
Give me a call I may be able to help, we are a Power Pole dealer also.

Posted By: dflipper

Re: Installation of power pole - 12/27/11 03:28 PM

They told me the same thing. Its cause they are either real busy or just lazy. If you have a jackplate, the bracket spacer and pole can be installed in less than 2 hours easy. Do one side at a time, trim your motor down and put your scag on a block of wood. This will take a lot of the weight off the jackplate. It will allow you to do one side at a time. Running the wires to the front is a lil tricky but not to hard. I left a rope in mine that runs from stern to bow for future installs and will not have to fight it as much next time. Hope this helps.

Re: Installation of power pole - 12/27/11 03:37 PM

Depending on the boat and the jack plate you still may have to take the motor off... some of the boat/jack plate combos require the bracket to go between the jackplate and transom...

Posted By: dflipper

Re: Installation of power pole - 12/27/11 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Classic Fiberglass
Depending on the boat and the jack plate you still may have to take the motor off... some of the boat/jack plate combos require the bracket to go between the jackplate and transom...

Ahh! I see. The same still wouldnt work? Mine went between the motor and jackplate.

Re: Installation of power pole - 12/27/11 03:53 PM

Power Pole has some sort of formula for the application. Some boat/jack plate combos sit to far back and to low so they drag the water when trying to get on pad. Put it closer to the boat and its not an issue...Call them and they can tell you what bracket to purchase for what boat.

Posted By: Doug E. Fresh

Re: Installation of power pole - 12/27/11 08:12 PM

Chris @ Classic installed mine and did an excellent job!

Posted By: J-SPENCER

Re: Installation of power pole - 12/27/11 08:27 PM

I installed mine in about 3 hrs. The mounting bracket went between the motor and jack plate. The hardest part was cutting out the hole for the switch. Pretty simple job if you have the right tools and equipment

Posted By: FZ1

Re: Installation of power pole - 12/27/11 08:28 PM

Different Strokes. After watching those Power Poles "walking" up and down the lake,I'd never put 1,much less 2,on my transom!

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum