Texas Fishing Forum

Tackle MADE IN THE USA

Posted By: Tim Cook

Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 03:16 PM

I am working on a story and am doing research on tackle companies which make their products in the USA. I would appreciate it if ya'll can suggest companies for me to research and verify. It is ok if some components are sourced from overseas (example Fugi guides on rods)
Your suggestions are appreciated.

Posted By: Scott McCormick

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 03:20 PM

www.jobabylures.com

Posted By: TexasPescado

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 03:24 PM

ProCullFishing.com

Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 03:25 PM

Zoom, reaction innovations, loomis, falcon, ardent, some berkley, luckestrike. Good article on the luckestrike on bassmaster.com a while back. When you get it written up please send it to the big publications, the more exposure for US made products the better.

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 03:26 PM

LFT I believe are made here.

Posted By: papamark

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 03:27 PM

Papa's Baits and by Disabled Vets

Posted By: Alton K

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 03:39 PM

Mann's???

-alton

Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 03:52 PM

Xcite Baits, LFT Lures, Rockcrawler Jigs, Grumpys Baits

Posted By: Moaner Hooks

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 04:07 PM

Rage Tail Baits are made in the USA.

With the exception of the Mustad Hooks I use, all my products are manufactured and packaged here.

It's great to see such a great list of companies supporting US workers.

Good luck with your article.

Posted By: Andi Sanders

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 04:38 PM

Talon Lures. We do it all from design to casting to assembly to packaging right here in East Texas. All our molds are our own custom designs and made in Illinois from materials sold by a company back east. Our wire is made in the United States of domestic origin stainless steel. Our spinnerbait blades, spoons, beads and clevis are made and plated in Minnesota from domestic origin brass. Our buzzbait blades and rivets are made in Missouri from domestic source Aluminum. Even our lead alloy is from domestic sources. Our 3-d eyes are manufactured in the U.S.A. Our swivels are manufactured in New York from domestic sourced materials. Our clam packaging is made in Houston, Wisconsin and St. Louis, and our printing is done in Tennessee. All these items can be purchased for about 1/3 or less of the cost from Chinese and Korean manufacturers, however we won't do it. I've even checked to see that our web hosting is owned and operated here in the States and that they use domestic servers.

Our hooks and skirt tabs and collars are purchased from American companies but are made overseas. Our crankbait bodies are also made overseas. We buy our liquid and powder paints from American companies but I'm not sure where they're actually manufactured.

Tim, if you need some help with sources shoot me an email at sales@talonlures.com

Posted By: Alton K

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Andi Sanders
Talon Lures. We do it all from design to casting to assembly to packaging right here in East Texas. All our molds are our own custom designs and made in Illinois from materials sold by a company back east. Our wire is made in the United States of domestic origin stainless steel. Our spinnerbait blades, spoons, beads and clevis are made and plated in Minnesota from domestic origin brass. Our buzzbait blades and rivets are made in Missouri from domestic source Aluminum. Even our lead alloy is from domestic sources. Our 3-d eyes are manufactured in the U.S.A. Our swivels are manufactured in New York from domestic sourced materials. Our clam packaging is made in Houston, Wisconsin and St. Louis, and our printing is done in Tennessee. All these items can be purchased for about 1/3 or less of the cost from Chinese and Korean manufacturers, however we won't do it. I've even checked to see that our web hosting is owned and operated here in the States and that they use domestic servers.

Our hooks and skirt tabs and collars are purchased from American companies but are made overseas. Our crankbait bodies are also made overseas. We buy our liquid and powder paints from American companies but I'm not sure where they're actually manufactured.

Tim, if you need some help with sources shoot me an email at sales@talonlures.com

I wish there were alot more people like this in the USA!!! Yes, I realize costs would be alot higher, but there is something to be said for actually trying to support businesses that still use American Made!!!

Kudos to Talon!

-alton

Posted By: Moaner Hooks

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 04:47 PM

My hats off to you Andi. It's hard work finding all those sources and making those choices to keep Americans working but, the short of it is, IT CAN BE DONE!

Posted By: Eddie201

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 04:59 PM

Saltwater baits...but Norton, Tidal Surge, Reaction Strike, Paul Brown's lures, yellowmouth jigheads. Just a few I can think of.

Posted By: GaryReynolds

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 06:18 PM

Santone jigs made right here in "THE" state of Texas!
Lake Fork Tackle-- same same

Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 06:37 PM

Bohonk
McCoy Line
Hoodoo Baits
Papa's Baits

Posted By: 9094

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 06:50 PM

Bill Norman. Proof that a great crankbait can be made in the US and not cost 10.00 or more.

Posted By: capt grumpy

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 07:35 PM

I was in acadmey yesterday looking at cranks and Norman was the only one I saw could of missed one that was us made.
All of the baits that I pour are made of all texas product at lease my suppliers are texas business, packages are from az but lables are local.

Bill Brasher
Grumpys Baits

Posted By: jaybird1976

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 08:02 PM

Falcon Rods. Zoom baits Lake Fork Trophy Lures !!!!

Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: 9094
Bill Norman. Proof that a great crankbait can be made in the US and not cost 10.00 or more.

thumb

Posted By: Fishin Machine

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 09:28 PM

Whopper baits

Posted By: Ken Denney

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 09:40 PM

You can really tell the difference in quality on the Talon lures compared to most of the other stuff that's imported. I really like the durability and superior craftsmanship of the spinnerbaits.

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 10:14 PM

St Croix rods

Posted By: Jeremy S.

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 10:26 PM

You just earned my business. I've recently changed out a dozen rods to Falcons because they are made here. From now on, my lures are coming from you. I try to buy as much as humanly possible that is made in the good ol US of A. All my plastics are either Zoom or LFT etc. Thanks for going to all the extra trouble to keep it all right here at home.

Posted By: The Hag

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 10:36 PM

Hag's Tornado Baits are 100% made in the USA. Bags, printing, oil, garlic, plastic, worms,,,,,, everything! Trying to find some small stickers that say "Made In The USA".

Posted By: Ken Denney

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/18/11 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: The Hag
Hag's Tornado Baits are 100% made in the USA. Bags, printing, oil, garlic, plastic, worms,,,,,, everything! Trying to find some small stickers that say "Made In The USA".

Laser Etching, Hag

Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 01:19 AM

Our "Hawg Trap" Buzz baits, soft plastics and our new Drop shot rigs are all made in the U.S. of A.....Fort Worth, Tx to be exact.....All components but the hooks and silicon skirts are U.S. made....

Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 01:40 AM

here u go Tommy...
http://www.uline.com/BL_1217/Made-In-USA-Labels?pricode=wf867&gclid=CLihr6SAja0CFSVjTAode1mXmQ

Posted By: The Hag

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 06:22 AM

Thanks Carlos!!! Got them on the way!

Posted By: John Anderson

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 10:34 AM

E2baits

Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 12:09 PM

Secret Weapon Lures
Line and Lure (not tackle but tackle related)

Posted By: ETXHorseApple

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 01:38 PM

Kickerfish bait co. molded, poured & packaged here in the US. SWAG custom Jigs Made her in the US and Nicholes Lures Made right here in East Texas

Posted By: Beer980

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 01:57 PM

Fish Candy Bait Company made right here east of Dallas.

Posted By: Lightning99

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 08:03 PM

OUZO BAITS Manufacture of Soft Plastic Fishing Lures. Made in the USA
www.ouzobaits.com
Palestine TX.

Posted By: ssj3goten

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 08:33 PM

Mepps spinners are mostly made in the USA some of the blades are made in france

Posted By: Kenny aka (rodbender1)

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 09:40 PM

CastAway rods --- Montgomery, Texas
Bumper Stumper Lures Flower Mound, Texas
K/K jigs Texas.

Posted By: Minnerdunker

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 09:53 PM

All Humdinger Lures are made in North Richland Hills TEXAS by me.

Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 10:02 PM

Double ZZ Custom Lures - http://www.doublezzcustomlures.com/

Vison Lures - http://www.visionlure.com/servlet/StoreFront

Posted By: GizmosMom

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 10:27 PM

Minda Lures http://www.mindalures.com/

Bear Paws Hand Poured Baits http://www.bearpawshandpouredbaits.com/

Wave http://www.wavefishing.com/

Posted By: Dwain Batey Kayak Bass Fishing

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/19/11 10:40 PM

Bull Shad swimbaits!

Taylor Man's Custom Lures!

Posted By: Brad Dunn

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/20/11 04:27 AM

Kicker Fish Bait Co.

Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/20/11 10:59 AM

TLCBaits.com Owned and operated by a women based in Kingwood Texas.

Posted By: Terry M

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/20/11 11:11 AM

JDC Baits

Posted By: BiteIt!

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/20/11 12:13 PM

Its great to see so many others living the American dream... We also make and pacakage all of all baits here in the US of A.

Posted By: Mattlures

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/20/11 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By: ERNSTER
Saltwater baits...but Norton, Tidal Surge, Reaction Strike, Paul Brown's lures, yellowmouth jigheads. Just a few I can think of.

Unless you meant Reaction unovations, all reaction strike is made outside of the USA. Made in China
My baits are made in USA

Posted By: mamalakisd

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/27/11 08:40 AM

Norman Lures, Rebel Lures, and Bandit Lures are a few good crank bait lure companies that make their lures in the US.
Hope this helps

Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/27/11 12:58 PM

Soon we are going to relocate TLCbaits.com from Kingwood TX to Zapata TX much easier to test product:)

Posted By: Robert Brown

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/27/11 02:20 PM

Snagproof

Posted By: custom angle rods

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/29/11 01:07 PM

Custom Angle Rods

Posted By: Kicker Fish Kelly

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/29/11 04:06 PM

Kicker Fish Bait Co, even pay a little more for the bags to be made in U.S.A 100% TEXAS !

Posted By: Amistad Tackle

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/29/11 07:32 PM

The Federal Trade Commission standard for "Made in the USA" can be found here:

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus03-complying-made-usa-standard

Posted By: fouzman

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/29/11 08:09 PM

Power Tackle in Del Rio.

Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/29/11 08:15 PM

zoom crankbaits

Posted By: Brovarney

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/29/11 10:25 PM

Brovarney Bait like others use hooks and skirts made overseas but that is where it stops. The casting is done by out of work fishing buddies. The Painting is still done by Brovarney in his basement. All skirting is hand tied by stay at home moms. When all is said and done the they are package either by Brovarney's kids or the kids at church who do it for fundraising for their yearly mission trip.

We aren't Gonna get rich doing it this way but we sure meet a lot of great people.

Posted By: Scott Smith

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/30/11 12:20 AM

Smack Tackle. We designed our own lures, had the molds made in Colorado. We make the halves, weight chanbers and bills with a plastic injection molding machine and then assemble the parts. The only thing that is made elsewhere are the VMC treble hooks that are on our Gizz 3 and Gizz 4 crankbaits. We have replacement VMC hooks on our Flitterbaits.

Posted By: Hooty

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/30/11 02:24 AM

Bill Lewis Rattle Trap still makes them in Alexandria, LA

Posted By: dflipper

Re: Tackle MADE IN THE USA - 12/30/11 02:34 AM

Ok......So it looks like to me we have a $#!~ load of American made tackle....and even better mom and pop TEXAS made tackle. So as anglers I feel it is our responsibility to step up and support them and keep our money in OUR country! Can I get a H#!! yeah?

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum