Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon next month

Posted By: tcm68

Falcon next month - 09/15/11 03:37 PM

We are planning a trip to Falcon Oct 6th thru the 9th. This will be the weekend that the BassChamps tournament will be going on.

We have never been and would like to find a guide for Thursday the 6th. Also need to find a place to stay thru the 9th.

Any suggestions on a guide and a place to stay? Kind of worried may not be able to find either with the tournament going on that weekend.
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Falcon next month - 09/15/11 03:39 PM

Why would you pick that weekend?
Posted By: Doug E. Fresh

Re: Falcon next month - 09/15/11 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Falcon next month - 09/15/11 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug E. Fresh
Originally Posted By: Jersey Dan

LOL. Ok that's not helping. It's just bad timing I guess but it is when we both are off at the same time so no choice. Hell a crowded Falcon is better then no Falcon right????
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Falcon next month - 09/15/11 03:51 PM

Yes, crowded Falcon is better than no Falcon. I believe the tournament is going to be ran out of the county Ramp. So launch at the state park - 30 miles down south and fish down south.

If you can't get these 3 guides, I would not bother with one.

Jim Edwards
Speedy Collett
Jim Behnken

Call the Best Western, Sunbridge, Beacon Lodge, Holiday Inn Express. Worst Case call Oso Blanco, I'd rather sleep on my boat though.

My offer always stands though. If you want to pick me up and drop me home. I'll guide for you.
Posted By: 203 CHAMP

Re: Falcon next month - 09/15/11 03:53 PM

stay at sunbridge. clean and great place.
Posted By: csmith936

Re: Falcon next month - 09/15/11 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: 521 ranger
stay at sunbridge. clean and great place.

thumb
Posted By: Limits4all

Re: Falcon next month - 09/15/11 04:18 PM

At this point in your looking for a place to stay you will be lucky to find a place that you can get a room for your entire stay. Suggest you just start calling all places in Zapata and get what you can or look for a room in Rio Grande City or Roma. Bass Champs will be probably have over 200 boats entered and available rooms will be limited. If you do get a room suggest you launch at the State Park as all of Bass Champs have to launch at the county ramp in Zapata.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Falcon next month - 09/15/11 04:52 PM

Give the guys at Falcon Lake Tackle a call, they can give you some more options on places to stay, etc. Good luck.

http://www.falconlaketackle.com/

Re: Falcon next month - 09/15/11 08:31 PM

Thanks for the help. I talked to Falcon lake tackle got some advice. Actually got a room booked thru Monday morning at the Holliday Inn Express. Could not get thru to Sunbridge.

Waiting on a call back from Jim Edwards now, His calender shows him available the day we want to go, he was booked today so I imagine he will call back this evening.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Falcon next month - 09/15/11 08:34 PM

Good choices!

Re: Falcon next month - 09/15/11 09:27 PM

Just got off the phone with Jim, we're booked smile Now it's like a 10 year old waiting on Christmas morning.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum