Texas Fishing Forum

Sunline Sniper 14 lb. test. on spinning gear.

Posted By: The Fishing Physicist

Sunline Sniper 14 lb. test. on spinning gear. - 08/25/11 01:27 AM

Well I pulled the trigger tonight and finally spooled my main-gun bass spinning rig (MGBSR) with 14 lb. Sniper.

My MGBSR is a St. Croix (Surprise!) original Legend Elite ES68MXF, which is 6'8" long medium power, and extra-fast action. I paired it with a Shimano Stradic 5000FI about a year and a half ago. I’ve not had great luck with fluorocarbon line on spinning gear. So we’ll see just how this works out.

Mark Perry has been pretty consistent in his stating that he use Sniper on some of his spinning gear so I decided to see if he’s on to something.

My spool of Sniper was a 110 yards so I got an old yard stick and jury-rigged some cardboard strips on each end and wrapped the line that was then on my Stradic 5000FI over the strips. Since the strips were at the ends of the yard stick a full rotation of the yard stick would be two yards of line removed from the spool. I ended up removing about 120 yards and then re-spooled with the Sniper. It seemed to work out very well, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating and we’ll see how that works out.

TFP
Posted By: RedBarn

Re: Sunline Sniper 14 lb. test. on spinning gear. - 08/25/11 01:29 AM

Sniper is some GREAT line. I've been using it about 8 mos now and have really been impressed with it.
Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

Re: Sunline Sniper 14 lb. test. on spinning gear. - 08/25/11 03:08 AM

had some 16# and it would cast a trap fo eva
Posted By: The Fishing Physicist

Re: Sunline Sniper 14 lb. test. on spinning gear. - 08/25/11 04:52 AM

Originally Posted By: toadrustler
had some 16# and it would cast a trap fo eva

Just to make sure, you are talking casting a trap with a spinning rig?

Y’all get much rain out Chandler way?

TFP
Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

Re: Sunline Sniper 14 lb. test. on spinning gear. - 08/25/11 11:56 AM

don't even keep a fairy wand in the boat. all finesse is done on baitcaster. got a little rain but nothing worth bragging about.
Posted By: csmith936

Re: Sunline Sniper 14 lb. test. on spinning gear. - 08/25/11 11:59 AM

Dont listen to this guy ^^^^ lol
Posted By: Charlie Brown III

Re: Sunline Sniper 14 lb. test. on spinning gear. - 08/26/11 07:22 PM

sniper is good stuff!
Posted By: Ranger_Ag

Re: Sunline Sniper 14 lb. test. on spinning gear. - 08/26/11 08:46 PM

I have used some #10 Sniper on my spinning set-up and have been really impressed with it, although, I still have issues with line twist.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum