Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for good bank fishing guadalupe river

Posted By: dowell33

Looking for good bank fishing guadalupe river - 08/24/11 08:05 PM

I live in San Antonio and have been fishing at Guadalupe River State Park a lot lately, but am looking to challenge new areas. If anyone knows of some good spots on the Guadalupe River up in the hill country, up 281 N or in the Canyon Lake area (preferably not on the actual lake) I would appreciate any info you can give! I'm willing to travel to other areas so don't limit yourselves to just answering about those areas..give me any info you have on the whole region lol!! No boat so we're going to be doing strictly bank fishing.

Thanks a bunch for your info!
Posted By: SaulGoodman

Re: Looking for good bank fishing guadalupe river - 08/24/11 08:33 PM

I know a killer spot! Go 1604 until you hit Bandera road and then travel north. When you hit 16, make a right. When you cross the second bridge, stop. This is "3 mile bridge" on Medina river. Park on the side of the road and walk under the bridge.

The water is crystal clear with a rocky bottom. I recommend getting into the water and wade fish. I can't remember if you're walking up or down stream (i'm pretty sure it's upstream). You're headed in the right direction if after 1 minute of wading, the water goes from shin-deep to chest deep. After 20 feet the water will become shallow again. You'll catch 1/2 lb bass all day on ultralight gear in 1-2 feet of water. Go ultralight though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum