Texas Fishing Forum

First time going to Fork next week!!

Posted By: Codeman317

First time going to Fork next week!! - 08/10/11 09:13 PM

So it's gonna be my first time going to Lake Fork next week and I can't wait! Any suggestions on lure choice or what their bitin on out there lately??
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: First time going to Fork next week!! - 08/10/11 10:23 PM

I will tell ya after Sunday....I have a tournament so don't want any potlickers on my holes. lol
Posted By: Zach Starling

Re: First time going to Fork next week!! - 08/10/11 10:27 PM

white chart spinnerbait slow rolled also a shakey head with a trophy hunter grande bass rattle snake the 4.5 inch and also the zoom finesse worm watermelon red with chart on it
Posted By: redwigglr

Re: First time going to Fork next week!! - 08/10/11 10:29 PM

cranks early, shallow diven. Back out from wher you find them in the mornin.little deeper as it gets hotter. carolina rig good also
Posted By: brokenjeep

Re: First time going to Fork next week!! - 08/10/11 10:58 PM

5" swim bait and flutter spoon, 4-8" soft plastic watermelon color Texas rig or shaky head and watermelon fluke C-rig, anywhere from 2' to 30'

Move around a lot and when you mark them throw everything you have at them and if they don't bite then move some more and start over
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide

Re: First time going to Fork next week!! - 08/10/11 11:03 PM

Your going to get hooked on Fork! Good tines await you. It is tuff to figure out but when you do, it's lights out!

Look at every point, hump and ridge with your new map and graph. Look for fish close to tge bottom in 12-25ft. Bait present isn't a necessity but helps some. Don't over look shallow! Any vegetation will hold fish!

Oak Ridge or Lake Fork Marina

Stay in the boat lanes, idle if out of the main lane or unsure of it. Pick up a Boat Lanes chip if you have a gps.

3/8oz shakey head, trick worm combo
5" flutter spoon (talon or big Joe)
Drop shot, 12" leader, 1/4 ds weight and zoom finesse worm, Jiggle light but often!
3/4 oz Picasso fantasy football head, alabama craw paca chunk
Dd22 or 6xd in sexy shad
C-rig a centipede
5" senko in blk/blu or water red
Spook in bone
Pop r in bone

Good colors have been Watermelon red, grn pumpkin, water melon candy
Posted By: Codeman317

Re: First time going to Fork next week!! - 08/10/11 11:22 PM

Awesome guys! Thanks for all the help! I'm gonna be reading the Fork reports all week, but based off all that info I think I'm set lol
Posted By: bassguy1986

Re: First time going to Fork next week!! - 08/11/11 02:05 AM

look for schooling fish in the afternoon if u can keep up with them cast a trap at them and just let it fall give it a few sec if u dont get bit yoyo it bsck to the boat
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: First time going to Fork next week!! - 08/11/11 02:34 AM

RedShad Berkley Power Worm, 7" Tx.Rigged 16' of water in the timber....
Posted By: Jmsteele

Re: First time going to Fork next week!! - 08/11/11 02:36 AM

You'll be hooked. Like someone said it can be tough but when it's on it's on. In June we put a thirty plus pound stringer in the boat in about 30 minutes once we found them. We had good luck on DD22's and a jig with a rage craw trailer.
Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum