Texas Fishing Forum

Go to plastic color!

Posted By: Jwatson

Go to plastic color! - 08/04/11 09:06 AM

Ok so I'm pouring my own baits and I'm looking to find new color ideas. Now I can get recipes for colors and I have a few color ideas and fleck combos I'm working on but I need a little help. So here's the situation your at a tournament your coming into the final two hours and been skunked all day you reach into your bag, box, whatever and pull out your last resort color fleck combo. Now if you could please in your reply put the type of structure, bait, water clarity, even the lake if you like, and time of year to help me learn the different type of situations of what type of bait and color to use. I'm just really getting into bass fishing and am getting a boat and really getting out on the lakes and learning. Please let your mind go wild with the Texas Lakshmi baits and colors, heck if not even a common color made give me and idea of the color and I'll try to reproduce it to try. That's the reason I got into pouring heck my fiance and me poured a hot pink and sliver fleck senko to try (she just like hot pink lol) so I made it to keep her happy and have her keep letting me pour money to into pouring. Sorry my ramble is over enjoy.
Posted By: 210amatuerangler

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/04/11 09:24 AM

Bubblegum produces when no other color does for me. It'd be cool to see bubble gum with some metallic blue flakes, call it cotton candy.
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/04/11 09:32 AM

Blubermelon
Posted By: sexyshad

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 03:11 AM

My go to colors are very simple and I don't get skunked very often on one of these three colors: watermelon chart., black and blue, or black saphire.
Posted By: Stax®

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Ban-D
Blubermelon

You beat me to it!!!! clap
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 03:49 AM

Yamamoto #330

Green pumpkin. Large copper flake Small purple flake

Tough to get the flake ratios to match the original
Posted By: James_C

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 03:58 AM

Over the years I have put a ton of money into all sorts of plastics and plastic colors. I finally realized that out of all the different colors I have I always end up using the same basic colors.

Green Pumpkin, watermelon/red, black/blue, blue fleck.

Now I have a ton of different styles of soft plastics, different shapes, sizes, looks, feels and actions. But when it comes to color I boil it down to 4 primary colors and I don't very to far from them. I don't put to much thought into the color of my bait, I let the water clarity and weather dictate that for me. But focus my attention more on the style of bait and presentation of the bait that the fish want to bite that day.
Posted By: GoArmy

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 04:00 AM

Motoroil
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
Yamamoto #330

Green pumpkin. Large copper flake Small purple flake

Tough to get the flake ratios to match the original

Since you are gonna tie some of your own skirts. Here ya go.

Posted By: ftabangler13

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 04:25 AM

If you could make watermelon blue/gold flake with a little orange towards the nose if you could
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 04:26 AM

i want to see a black with some chartresuse and copper flake.
Posted By: PESCADOR12

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 04:50 AM

Tequila Sunrise is the answer
Posted By: Jwatson

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 04:58 AM

I might try that that sounds interesting. I'm really want to try some really unusual stuff. As far as color mixes with different flecks I'm not tying to recreate colors that I can buy or easily make from recipes. Please keep the ideas coming if you have a special colors combo you haven't seen pm me and I'll try a small batch and see how it works and let you know.
Posted By: Jay Kendrick

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 05:51 AM

aarons magic type color.
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Stax08
Originally Posted By: Ban-D
Blubermelon

You beat me to it!!!! clap

...and me.. banana
fool around with some different watermelon shades/flecks..
..and 'shad..can u post a pic of that black sapphire color? ...like the sound of that.. thumb
Posted By: 374 Trigger

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/05/11 04:55 PM

Greenpumpkin/Blue flk in deep clear,Redbug stained shallow,Watermellon/Purple clear shallow.
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 01:27 AM

electric grape laminated with black or blue fleck.
Posted By: Basscar

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 01:33 AM

Depends on the lake and water clarity. Water melon colors are good. Don't be afraid of plain black and white. Sometimes they don't like anything out of the 20 tackle boxes u have in the boat.
Posted By: 4inch

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 01:37 AM

I like black and yellow, uh huh, Yeah you know what it is

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Basscar
Depends on the lake and water clarity. Water melon colors are good. Don't be afraid of plain black and white. Sometimes they don't like anything out of the 20 tackle boxes u have in the boat.

Anybody else ever tried throwing the ones in the box, that have melted into another, creating a new color, and sometimes a new bait... fish
...sometimes, that is the right situation for doing so...at least in my limited experience... thumb
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 03:03 AM

June Bug!
Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 11:00 AM

The wife makes my baits and it is great to be able to play with color combo/flakes. I fish Basschamps and she made a color for amistad for me and we ended up in 2nd place. I couldnt even tell you what she used I just told her what I wanted. My go to bait is one that I created in my head she had to pour it (I suck at it) that color is watermelon warfare in all different styles. It flat out catches fish
Posted By: Jeff Watts

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: YellowMagic

Anybody else ever tried throwing the ones in the box, that have melted into another, creating a new color, and sometimes a new bait... fish
...sometimes, that is the right situation for doing so...at least in my limited experience... thumb

SSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Watts
Originally Posted By: YellowMagic

SSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

wink
Posted By: BaylorLipRipper

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 05:29 PM

pumpkin seed...
idk why, but it catches fish! on a shaky head in grass on Fork. any time of year..!
Posted By: Tony Clark @ Lake Fork

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 05:57 PM

flehanBlack w/Silver flake...You wont find that color on the Market.
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Tony Clark
flehanBlack w/Silver flake...You wont find that color on the Market.
Barlow's wink
Posted By: Tony Clark @ Lake Fork

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 06:10 PM

flagBarlow's is where we use to get that in a ring worm in the 80's.Then they stopped carring it.Hummmm I have'nt be there in years. I have had a 12lb.7oz. & 13.95lb. bass on that bait color Texas rigged.Next time I'm in Richardson I will check it out!"Thanks torquetwister!" bannana2
Posted By: vicbass22

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/06/11 11:57 PM

green pumkin here
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: Go to plastic color! - 08/07/11 12:11 AM

Black!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum