Texas Fishing Forum

Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs.

Posted By: tanker4lyfe

Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 03:46 PM

If yall dont know Falcon is on FIRE right now! 30-40lb sacks are like giveaways and 50lb sacks are very accomplishable. Looking for someone to go to falcon with me to help split cost. Im a cheap bastard and we will crash in my truck, not like we'll sleep much with the adrenilin rush. Looking to leave Sun night and fish til about noon on tuesday and then head back.
looking @ about:
GAS
$210 - Truck
$200 - Boat (probably less since the fish are so well stacked up right now!)
so like $225 for whoever wants to go and you can sleep in the truck on the way there and ill play whatever music you like laugh
And whatever you want to bring for meals and tackle.
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 04:12 PM

How are you going to take a shower? What do you plan on eating?

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 04:16 PM

plenty of places to eat in Zapata. A shower man, im in the army Baby wipes work awesome for a day. Ive had to go over a week sometimes without a shower so ill manage for one day aint gonna kill nobody. You ever been camping for real ???? HAHAHA

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 04:17 PM

wish the econemy would aloow to get a room but that aint the case and I gotta get my falcon fix in ! its killing not having been yet.
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

I did not have any problems sleeping after a long day of fishing in the heat down there. In fact a bed was awfully nice.

You planning on leaving the truck running with a/c on while you sleep or you just gonna tough it out with the heat?

ha. Just messing with you. I'm actually going down in 2 weeks or I'd go with you. (In a hotel)

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 04:22 PM

Gonna tough it out should be a nice little breeze under them stars itll be great.

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: tanker4lyfe
If yall dont know Falcon is on FIRE right now! 30-40lb sacks are like giveaways and 50lb sacks are very accomplishable. Looking for someone to go to falcon with me to help split cost. Im a cheap bastard and we will crash in my truck, not like we'll sleep much with the adrenilin rush. Looking to leave Sun night and fish til about noon on tuesday and then head back.
looking @ about:
GAS
$210 - Truck
so like $225 for whoever wants to go and you can sleep in the truck on the way there and ill play whatever music you like laugh

I love Falcon as much as anyone, so I just wanted to re-set your expecatations so you do not come home disappointed. 40lb sacs are not given away by any means. The top notch guides out there are typically doing 35lbs a day. 50lb sacks are going to be extremely tough to accomplish. I've been out there probably 40 days this year with great sticks and we have not done a 50 yet.
Posted By: EliteAngler1011

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 04:24 PM

Carbon Monoxide?
Posted By: T Gutierrez

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Jersey Dan
looking @ about:
GAS
$210 - Truck

I love Falcon as much as anyone, so I just wanted to re-set your expecatations so you do not come home disappointed. 40lb sacs are not given away by any means. The top notch guides out there are typically doing 35lbs a day. 50lb sacks are going to be extremely tough to accomplish. I've been out there probably 40 days this year with great sticks and we have not done a 50 yet.

Agreed not gonna happen. U might catch a bunch of fish and plenty of 5's. But 5 tens. come on! What kind of boat u got?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 04:32 PM

It does happen, but rarely. I've been down there a bunch and never had a 50+ day. Had one trip where our best five were 52 lbs but that was over a period of five days. Gotten very close on single days a few times, but I think 49.50 was best single day if I recall. I've caught two double digits in one day and had another one caught by my buddy that day, but still not five of them. However, some of the top guides and locals do catch 50 pound sacks periodically. Some months are better than others.

Posted By: csmith936

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 04:41 PM

What kind of boat do u have???
Posted By: Bill Waldschmidt

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 04:52 PM

Gonna tough it out should be a nice little breeze under them stars itll be great.

You are going to be miserable. And possibly die of heat stroke.
Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Waldschmidt

You are going to be miserable. And possibly die of heat stroke.

if he's in the army he's prolly been in worse conditions for longer.

I'd be uncomfortable but i could manage.

I'd prefer to be in a hotel at night, but i can afford it.

if i was younger and broker i'd do it.

I've camped out at fayette for a few days before, but i stayed in the park area and had a tent.

I've spent really long periods of time with nothing but a rucksack, i could do it but now prefer not too.
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:12 PM

How are you going to charge the trolling motor batteries?

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:14 PM

I've got a 2008 Tr-186DC
Die of a heat stroke haha. Y'all are to funny. Y'all killing me here. Not saying well catch 50lbs in a day but id bet it a better chance than anywhere else. S

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: redskeet100
How are you going to charge the trolling motor batteries?

extension cord

i haven't been to the ramp at falcon but surely there is somewhere you could plug in.

are there no state parks with power?

i think they should at least bring a tent

they are only fishing monday and 1/2 day tues maybe they will have enough juice for the whole time if they don't run the troller hard all the time,

i fish two days back to back with one charge all the time

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:16 PM

I've ran my TM and cranking battery for 4 days on high and they are strong i got all 31series batteries

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:18 PM

Y'all are some downers for sure

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:21 PM

is that going to be a big enough boat for that lake?

i mean you could use a john boat if you wanted too but it would beat you to death,

I used to crindge taking my starfire 150 out on Toledo bend and running from houssen bey up to pendleton if it was rough

i imagine Falcon is worse
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:22 PM

Is drinking allowed?

What if you meet a girl and she says let's go back to your place?!

Do you mind a snorer?

Are you gonna yell HOOAH with every fish you catch?

Please think about these questions before you answer!

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:30 PM

You can drink all you want just no pike in the truck or boat! Girls are all on u im married so i wont. Be a good wingman. Only 1 hoahh for the whole trip everyone after you gotta chug a beer! And snore all you want!
Posted By: Taylored

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:41 PM

Hell idk whats wrong with you guys. There isnt anything wrong with roughing it for a few days. I would take you up on the offer if I could but will be at Fork this weekend with the wife and a few friends.
Posted By: Kens3313

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:41 PM

Wish I could afford it I would go, but im unemployed at the moment.
Posted By: fish fear me

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:47 PM

If I wasn't a old man I would go.

If I was 25 again, we would have already left.
Posted By: Bill Waldschmidt

Re: Who wants to head to Falcon? Split costs. - 06/28/11 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: 90 5.0
is that going to be a big enough boat for that lake?

i mean you could use a john boat if you wanted too but it would beat you to death,

I used to crindge taking my starfire 150 out on Toledo bend and running from houssen bey up to pendleton if it was rough

i imagine Falcon is worse

Meh, I just got back from Falcon and I have an 18ft Champion. It was rough Saturday, but nothing unmanagable.

If it blows real hard you just trailer and don't run far.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum