Texas Fishing Forum

Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool?

Posted By: Jersey Dan

Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/22/11 03:47 PM

20 mins from the house. Worth fishing?
Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/22/11 03:50 PM

I know at one time they had a no consumption tag on the Crappie there(probably still do on all fish caught in there). Big ole slabs in there though. Never fished it for Bass, should be decent fishing in there.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/22/11 03:52 PM

anything else smile hehe!!

I would think it would be decent fishing with the consumption ban in place. means the people cant remove the fish smile

Posted By: North Texas Bass Assasin

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/22/11 03:58 PM

i didnt think you could launch a boat there anymore ...might want to check on that before driving out there ...could be wrong but it seems like i remeber they closed it a couple fo years go
Posted By: Senko_Dave

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/22/11 04:04 PM

I heard that everything in Mt. Creek is catch and release. The fish in there are so polluted they glow.

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/22/11 04:18 PM

How is the crime factor out there lately?? Heard it's the place to be if your a crackhead.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/22/11 04:51 PM

they were having a small tourney out there on saturday mornings and from what i heard they brought in some good fish
Posted By: James P.

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/22/11 04:53 PM

lot of sand bass ramp is narrow long and flat truck will have all 4 tires in water before you can launch very shallow deepest part by damm maybe 19ft has saome good bass also lot of wood post on west side
Posted By: Dr. Chase

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/22/11 04:54 PM

I know a couple guys who fished it last summer. Caught an 8 and several other nice fish in the heat of the day. They said you have to idle everywhere you go and to watch your depth because you can get stuck easily. It's silted in pretty bad. They didn't have any problems but I wouldnt want to park my truck or trailer around there because I've heard it's a bad area for break ins. I'd fish it out of someone else boat smile
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/22/11 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Jersey Dan
How is the crime factor out there lately?? Heard it's the place to be if your a crackhead.

Crack-Meth whats the differance .. LOL cry

There are bass there--many as stars in the sky Bill Tyler..
You might as well just go back to Fork Dan...

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/22/11 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
Originally Posted By: Jersey Dan

Crack-Meth whats the differance .. LOL cry

There are bass there--many as stars in the sky Bill Tyler..
You might as well just go back to Fork Dan...

I'm strictly Falcon at this point. Just wanted something real close to the house, to calm the urge.
Posted By: Bwood

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/22/11 05:27 PM

Me and a buddy had shots fired in our direction when fishing behind the old hot water discharge levee. They didn't see us, but it was too close for me. I cranked up the boat and rounded the corner and they were gone....I guess testing the gun out. There can be some real characters show up out there, be careful.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/23/11 01:32 AM

no way I would park around there
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/23/11 01:40 AM

Man your getting desperate if you gotta fish those lakes!!!!!
Posted By: Alton K

Re: Tell me everything you know about Mountain Creek near Joe Pool? - 06/23/11 01:44 AM

I kid about MC alot, but that lake used to be a really under-rated fishery.

Pitching worms and spinnerbaits in the cattails by the Naval Air Station was the bomb! BBC is correct - that lake fished great right in the middle of the day.

You are on your own on the safety issue at the ramp. I've never had a problem, but people seem to be stuck in the 70's about it - alot of potheads used to hang out there and we would...um.. they would do their thang!

Anyhow, it's an urban gem!

-alton
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum