Texas Fishing Forum

Spoon Question?

Posted By: TXriggin09

Spoon Question? - 06/21/11 02:40 PM

With all the spoon talk here lately I bought some and was wondering if they will work in shallower water than say 15ft. The lake I fish has a bunch or rocks and boat docks and very little wood structure. Would the spoon been good to fish around the docks and also on rock points where there is a drop off? Thanks for your time.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Spoon Question? - 06/21/11 02:42 PM

Yes
Posted By: scott01

Re: Spoon Question? - 06/21/11 02:57 PM

Sure.. If those docks are sitting in 15 ft, try tossing it under them, to the very back if possible and let them flutter down to catch the suspended fish. Warning though, you will probably lose a few on underwater cables, ropes, etc. But, I've caught a lot of solid bass in the 12-15 range on them too by fishing points with drop offs.
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Spoon Question? - 06/21/11 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Zeeter
Yes

Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Spoon Question? - 06/21/11 07:11 PM

If you are talking about Bridgeport then for me yes the spoons work out there just as well.
Posted By: Bassen

Re: Spoon Question? - 06/21/11 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: scott01
Sure.. If those docks are sitting in 15 ft, try tossing it under them, to the very back if possible and let them flutter down to catch the suspended fish. Warning though, you will probably lose a few on underwater cables, ropes, etc. But, I've caught a lot of solid bass in the 12-15 range on them too by fishing points with drop offs.

Inches!

...... just kidding banana
Posted By: Mike West

Re: Spoon Question? - 06/21/11 07:40 PM

they will work most anywhere bass are chasing bait fish. i even keep one handy when im fishing top waters in open water over structure, if they blow up and miss your plug they will whack the spoon, if you come right behind with it, more times than not.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum