Texas Fishing Forum

i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer!

Posted By: SnakeEyes

i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 04:21 PM

http://www.bassmaster.com/blog/barone-im-going-yell-here

i will be making a more solid effort to wear my life jacket w/kill switch!!!
Posted By: JustWingem

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 04:31 PM

Floatation device is a must all passengers and driver.

Niggemeyer is a class act all the way! Kudos clap
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 04:33 PM

i fell in last year,..i now have a new Mustang Auto, never take it of,..with kill switch attached...jim
Posted By: brokenjeep

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 04:35 PM

Two guys thinking fast and on the same page, way to go.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 04:46 PM

Good Lord was looking out for those folks, through James and his Marshall. Anyone that knows James won't be surprised by his selfless actions. James is one of the finest human beings on the face of this earth.

Well done!
Posted By: mosskeeter

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 04:46 PM

I have a friend that almost drowned after he fell in, they were in La, fishing salt water, anchored up and with the current he almost drowned before they got the boat untied and got back to him... Everyone thought no big deal, but with the current he could not get back...OF COURSE ... no life jacket...
Posted By: Ride-or-Fish ®

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 05:06 PM

wow. very eye opening to say the least for that young man.

Outstanding job by james, and from what I hear of him certainly not out of the ordinary.

Fouz said it best, the Good Lord was looking out for those two.
Posted By: BlueFlek

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 05:24 PM

sounds like his marshal did a good thing too
Posted By: elkhartdom

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 05:24 PM

i fell in also due to a set of circumstances like a fish hit, stepped on my pants leg, wave hit from the side, splash, from then on, my auto inflateable is on me from the time i launch till i trailer, james and his marshal are awesome people, just goes to show there are some real heros left in the world
Posted By: whitneylakerat

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 06:04 PM

wow, he was their guardian angel that day!
Posted By: Randy Harrell

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 06:08 PM

Scary stuff right there. Good job James and Russ.
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 06:21 PM

I was an observer in a PAA tourney and was with James for a day. Nothing but class. I learned a lot from him and was impressed with him as a human being. We had a good laugh when he caught a very nice fish that filled his limit and I commented he was shaking like a leaf. He was having trouble getting the hook out he was shaking so bad. Proved to me he was a fisherman, and gets excited just like it was his first fish as a kid. Great guy.
Posted By: Doug E. Fresh

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 06:22 PM

truly a time to give thanks that God put James in the right place at the exact moment he needed to be there.
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 06:29 PM

If you are a passenger in my boat we ain't going if its not on.And if I am in your boat and you don't wear one and have a kill switch on,please don't ask me to go....I am too old to pull your limp dead butt out of the water.That guy was just lucky that his boy didn't have to be a witness to his fathers death.
Posted By: FootAndAHalf

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: JustWingem

Niggemeyer is a class act all the way! Kudos clap

Posted By: CanadiYak

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 07:03 PM

Wow truly amazing what James and Russ did thumb ,from what I hear that's the kind of guy he is.It's so simple to put on your life vests but people still choose not to I don't get it.An accident happens in a slit second you don't have time to think.For a few seconds before you take off could be the difference between life and death.At least he had the sense to get the child ready I'm sure he doesn't leave the dock without it now.
Posted By: scumfrogg

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 07:12 PM

i had to dodge an unmanned boat at full throttle on Texoma about 10 years ago. unfortuantley the driver didnt survive. Pretty scary when a boat is coming at you without a driver i must say.
Posted By: Cypress Legend

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 07:23 PM

I used to only wear pfd in tournaments. Since my little girl was born i wear it no matter what. Kids change you
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 07:57 PM

This guy was very lucky! Crazy that the kiddo didn't have one on. I know a fella that almost lost his leg, due to no life jacket and the kill switch wasn't hooked up. I don't wear one while im fishing, but rest assured, when my big motor is running, i have a life jacket on and my kill switch hooked up.
Posted By: SnakeEyes

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 08:20 PM

the kid DID have on on but the father didnt
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeEyes
http://www.bassmaster.com/blog/barone-im-going-yell-here

i will be making a more solid effort to wear my life jacket w/kill switch!!!

This makes me happy.
Posted By: CTA

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 09:25 PM

Scarey..

Two thumbs up for James and his Marshal
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/13/11 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry
If you are a passenger in my boat we ain't going if its not on.

AMEN.....same goes for my boat, I left someone at the dock one time because he was too proud to wear one.

Kudos to my SKL teammate James thumb

Debra smile
Posted By: Gone Shank'n

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/14/11 12:33 AM

Does someone have the story? The link says no workie any more....
Posted By: Chillin Da Most

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/14/11 02:02 AM

Try this one. It worked for me a few minutes ago. James and his Marshall did an amazing thing. Good things happen to good people.

http://www.bassmaster.com/blog/im-going-yell-here
Posted By: Junk

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/14/11 02:57 AM

ive read to many stories like this. I will say that I do a much better job of wearing my pfd now, than i ever did growing up.
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: i am as guilty as the next guy ... thanks goes out to James Niggemeyer! - 05/14/11 03:09 PM

Read this story yesturday, and I cant quit thinking about it. My daughter who is 7 now, goes with me a few times a season. We both wear are jackets..and thinking about it now, not sure if kill switch was attached everytime. Kinda disappointed in myself and my bold attitude to think it wont happen to me. This story has hit my house ..not close to home. Many thanks for the read SnakeEyes.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum