Texas Fishing Forum

OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos

Posted By: txwhitetail

OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/10/11 11:49 PM

Got some time to sit down and get a report out.

Bass can be caught in many depths on many baits right now. I have been concentrating on fish working shad and post spawn setup fish. There have been some big post spawn fish caught on the lake the last few days. 14 lber last friday and 13s on saturday and sunday.

Best baits have been spinnerbaits, Yum Money Minnow swimbaits, and square bills for the fish working shad. Look for wind blown areas where the shad are stacked up.

I am also catching flipping fish in 6-12 ft on an Xcite Raptor Craw and 6" Yum Dinger.

I also caught a couple of deeper fish (15-18ft) on a 3/4oz Rockcrawler Jig in TX Craw and deep crank this week.

As always give me a shout if you are headed this way and I will help where I can. I also have a few openings this summer if you are looking at heading to OH Ivie.

Couple of pics from the last couple days.

9 lber

Rons 14-2

Posted By: JG ZX250

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/11/11 12:13 AM

Great going JR. Those are some nice fish.
Glad to see some healthy fish still coming from the lake.
Great report! It's nice see that the baits you mentioned didn't include "perch" trailers.
Posted By: Guy Adams

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/11/11 12:34 AM

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/11/11 12:36 AM

There are still a few that haven't spawned. Oldest photo here is last Friday. I didn't give up any of my gps holes just the well known community holes folks ask me about. Thanks for the response!
Posted By: Texan4Liberty

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/11/11 12:43 AM

I, as well as other people I know have caught spawners on Ivie in June....just sayin'
Posted By: WAWI

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/11/11 12:55 AM

Edit, I was just about to get the popcorn going!

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/11/11 01:14 AM

Not trying to start trouble. Let's just try to get along. Everyone on ivie that's guiding are trying to make a living. Y'all should try to work togkpether. Life is to short found out today my brother has caner and migh not have long. Lost my mom and uncle and to many friends to count to this thing and ask for, _iprayers for my brother. This is why I started my foundation. Fishing for the Core. Sorrry for the rant.
Posted By: Texan4Liberty

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/11/11 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Guy Adams
Not trying to start trouble. Let's just try to get along. Everyone on ivie that's guiding are trying to make a living. Y'all should try to work togkpether. Life is to short found out today my brother has caner and migh not have long. Lost my mom and uncle and to many friends to count to this thing and ask for, _iprayers for my brother. This is why I started my foundation. Fishing for the Core. Sorrry for the rant.

Sorry to hear that Guy, If you want to talk about it you can call me. I was just giving you a heads up earlier that you can still find spawners on Ivie. thumb

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/11/11 01:49 AM

Thanks Carl. But I really can't talk about it. Not onlyis he my bro but my best friend Don't know what to do. Have to try to come up with money for his treatment. My boat is for sale.
Posted By: James_C

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/11/11 01:53 AM

Great report JR and some nice fish!

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/11/11 09:14 PM

Thanks.
Posted By: skypilot_1973

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/11/11 11:03 PM

ANYONE ON IVIE HEARD NEXT WEEKS FORECAST?..HEARD RUMOR OF COLD FRONT?

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/12/11 12:52 PM

I dont see much of a cooldown in the next 10 day forecast.
Posted By: skypilot_1973

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/12/11 05:34 PM

THANKS JR..HOPE THEY WILL BE BITING..
Posted By: ElBasso74

Re: OH Ivie Bass Fishing Report - Photos - 05/12/11 11:55 PM

mild cool front......50's at night low to mid 80's during the day. Considering the past couple of months this is a welcome cool down.
Winds will be light to moderate. Very comfortable.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum