Texas Fishing Forum

Amazing swimbait video!

Posted By: Mattlures

Amazing swimbait video! - 04/05/11 10:07 PM

Ok this is exceptional but it happens more then you think. Of course this is Butch Brown, one of the best if not the best in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeuMm0y9XUE
This is not even a giant limit for him. Its a big one but he has caught several bigger limits.

I apologize if this one has already been posted.
Posted By: CRS

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/05/11 10:42 PM

awesome, what bait was he using?
Posted By: Mattlures

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/05/11 10:49 PM

He was using a Huddleston trout 8in
Posted By: Will.i.am

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/05/11 11:17 PM

Dude knows what he doing!!!!! cheers
Posted By: Choogie Chunker

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/05/11 11:40 PM

flehan
Posted By: 5-20

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 02:00 PM

Doesn't he ever get tired of landing all of those teen sized fish... smile

Haha, actually, I'm curious about something - considering the amount of fishing pressure those little lakes in Cali experience - how come Butch doesn't really care about protecting those spots he fishes? I can only imagine how hard those spots get pounded after people see the videos he makes.
Posted By: JT Larkin

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: 5-20

Haha, actually, I'm curious about something - considering the amount of fishing pressure those little lakes in Cali experience - how come Butch doesn't really care about protecting those spots he fishes? I can only imagine how hard those spots get pounded after people see the videos he makes.

Bc in all honesty. It probably wouldn't matter if he gave put gps numbers guys still wouldn't catch them like him. It's all about the angles and presentation. He is probably bringing that bait by a single stump or rock that is within 30-40 yards of all the structure that most guys fish. Most big fish set up on something just a little bit away from a ledge or a point so that they can watch the point or ledge. They do this bc that is where the best and most efficient place to feed is. Butch knows that lagoon like the back of his hand.
Posted By: KickerFish29

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 02:19 PM

Thats insane that guy can't fish anywhere else or he's just gonna be pizzed ....
Posted By: 5-20

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: JT Larkin
Originally Posted By: 5-20

Bc in all honesty. It probably wouldn't matter if he gave put gps numbers guys still wouldn't catch them like him. It's all about the angles and presentation. He is probably bringing that bait by a single stump or rock that is within 30-40 yards of all the structure that most guys fish. Most big fish set up on something just a little bit away from a ledge or a point so that they can watch the point or ledge. They do this bc that is where the best and most efficient place to feed is. Butch knows that lagoon like the back of his hand.

That's probably true, but you'd think that identifying all of those sweet spots isn't anywhere as hard as it used to be, before the advent of SI and the other amazing electronics most guys have on their boat nowadays...
Posted By: EvanVidal

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 02:41 PM

Incredible!!
Posted By: goodman_fishing

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 05:53 PM

I should put a camera on my boat. Maybe that will help
Posted By: FootAndAHalf

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 06:28 PM

I love to see those pigs released back at the end! Great vid, start to finish.
Posted By: GoArmy

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 07:09 PM

I think this video has been shown many times on the TFF. And I never get tired of it!! I just wish I knew how to get started using swim baits like these and have confidence in them.
Posted By: water_surge

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: GoArmy
I think this video has been shown many times on the TFF. And I never get tired of it!! I just wish I knew how to get started using swim baits like these and have confidence in them.
Same here
Posted By: Bassen

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 07:46 PM

crying I QUIT!
Posted By: JT Larkin

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: GoArmy

This is a different video guys!!! He posted it up earlier this week.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 08:11 PM

way to take care of some giants..
Posted By: Doug E. Fresh

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/06/11 08:42 PM

how big of a lake was this???
Posted By: Ryan Boykin

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/07/11 03:38 AM

I am almost just as impressed with his ability to keep treble hooks out of his net.
Posted By: fish fear me

Re: Amazing swimbait video! - 04/07/11 05:19 AM

Stunning ...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum