Texas Fishing Forum

Any reports on Lake Brownwood?

Posted By: Dosser

Any reports on Lake Brownwood? - 03/10/11 07:06 PM

I like fishing that lake in the spring time and was just wondering how its doing low water wise and which ramps are useable? Are there any new shallow islands to avoid with the lake being low? And hows it fishing? I'm not asking for baits and where you caught them just wondering if they've been biting lately? Thanks for the info!
Posted By: I AM LEGEND!

Re: Any reports on Lake Brownwood? - 03/10/11 07:19 PM

Haven't fished it personally but my dad does a couple times a week. He has had some success fishing rock around the island by the dam finding the 1st drop off from the bank in about 7-9 ft of water with shad cranks. If the bite slows he switches to green pumpkin shaky heads with the tail dyed.

He's been hitting points & secondary points doing the same thing trying to catch stagers. But hasn't had nearly as much luck.
Posted By: BeeTeam

Re: Any reports on Lake Brownwood? - 03/12/11 03:26 AM

The ramp at the dam is still usable. Bayou is usually great this time of year,but only way in and out is in a hand launched rig. Didn't get to fish much due to a little bearing problem. It's pretty low but still plenty fishable. Problem fixed and Falcon bound on Sunday!!!
Posted By: BCSO DEPUTY 124

Re: Any reports on Lake Brownwood? - 03/12/11 09:41 PM

The lake is 9.4' low. The dam ramp is usable and flat-rock is closed. Water temp was 54.4 earlier in the week. It has been WINDY and the lake is really dirty. There are many "islands" popping up. The big one is "sunken island" between McCartney and Goat Islands. Its marked but the buoys are closer to land than they appear. We will move them out next week. Stick to the Main lake and SLOW down close to shore and you should be fine.
Posted By: Texan4Liberty

Re: Any reports on Lake Brownwood? - 03/12/11 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: FISHING COP 623
The lake is 9.4' low. The dam ramp is usable and flat-rock is closed. Water temp was 54.4 earlier in the week. It has been WINDY and the lake is really dirty. There are many "islands" popping up. The big one is "sunken island" between McCartney and Goat Islands. Its marked but the buoys are closer to land than they appear. We will move them out next week. Stick to the Main lake and SLOW down close to shore and you should be fine.

That was some real good advise.
Posted By: WestTXSkeeter

Re: Any reports on Lake Brownwood? - 03/13/11 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: FISHING COP 623

Are you lake patrol? You guys have it made.
Posted By: BCSO DEPUTY 124

Re: Any reports on Lake Brownwood? - 03/13/11 06:03 PM

Yea I'm with the Lake Patrol now, after 14 years with the City. I don't know about "having it made" but I love the job so far.
Posted By: Joe Dogg

Re: Any reports on Lake Brownwood? - 03/14/11 04:20 AM

Yea he has it made, I have to do all the heavy work while they watch.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum