Texas Fishing Forum

HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT?

Posted By: JCBfromTHF

HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:35 AM

So far I havent but I am sure my day is coming.

Last year I saw a guy in a pontoon boat take a dive off the front of the boat when he was trying to tie a rope around a tree. Guess he leaned a little too far and fell in. rolfmao

My tournament partner was laying on his belly trying to get his bait unhung at Cooper one day. He slid right off the front of the boat head first into the water! Funniest thing I have ever seen in my life! rolfmao
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:40 AM

lets see. 1st time was duck hunting and leaned on the motor that was up and snap!!!! It fell down and there I went.

2nd I was trying to grab a fish that my son had hooked up and reached down and never could stop ,seemed like I fell for 5 minutes..
Posted By: CDUB

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:42 AM

Once, was leaning on my seat and set the hook to hard. Seat spun around an flew back into the water. Luckily i was in open water in the middle of the summer.

My father did once as well about 12 years ago. We put in at buck creek access on Ray Roberts and were fishing in Airplane cove. He was trying to get a bait out of a tree and fell in. His was in march in probably 50 degree water. We had a john boat with a 6hp motor. It was a long ride back to the ramp to say the least.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:42 AM

Once. In front of about 75 people eatting at The Top Water Grill in San Leon.
Posted By: cman

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:43 AM

Yep few times. Once the water was 48 and that was cold.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:44 AM

bolt
Posted By: Dip Net

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:49 AM

Three weeks ago on Fork. Trolling motor rope broke. Yes, it was cold, somewhere around 42 degrees. The new item on my annual checklist; replace the $1.95 trolling motor rope, wether it needs it or not.
Posted By: larrywc

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:51 AM

Yes, was standing up,trolling motor on high,and hit a stump in Birch Creek on Lake Fork.
Posted By: bucsfan69

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:51 AM

You aint cool unless you take an unscheduled swim. and yeah, ive done it twice, both times i wasnt working the trolling motor..hmmmmm
Posted By: Sapper21c

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:53 AM

You know they make braided stainless trolling motor cable, right?
Posted By: tommyc

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:55 AM

I got launched out at Fork in February about 20 years ago when the trolling motor hit a stump while I was going to get my bait unstuck. I actually then pushed out off the front a little more and bear hugged a tree. Only my feet got wet. My ex-Bro-in-law was laughing so hard he could barely get the boat back over to get me off of the tree. Lost my rod in the water but I could see the rod on the bottom. Fished it out and proceeded to continue casting like nothing happened. Chuck was at that point, lying on the back deck still unable to do much because of the hysteria that still had a hold of him.

A couple of winters ago, I was with Evan O and I was idling and then shut the motor off and did not get the trolling motor down quick enough and after I put the motor down I had to protect it from smashing into a tree. I leaned out the front a little and grabbed the tree and the tree bent for a while and then snapped off and I proceeded to fly off the bow head first. Had the inflatable on and it worked rather well imo. Wasn’t that easy getting back into the boat though with all the winter gear on. Glad I had someone with me.
Posted By: FootAndAHalf

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:56 AM

only once...not fishing tho...but of course there was women in the boat...

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:56 AM

only once...not fishing tho...but of course there was women in the boat...
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:57 AM

Thought it was going to happen this weekend. Fishing a tournament at Oak Creek and my partner had a fish wrapped in a tree. We pulled up to it and I saw the fish so I went down to get it. He was a little deeper than I thought and I had my head and both arms underwater with my feet flying around in the air. Somehow managed to land the fish without going in. There goes one of my nine lives.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:58 AM

Twice:

1st time on Cedar Creek in February, water temp 48*.
2nd time on Fork in April water temp 68*, got lucky and didn't hit a stump.
Posted By: cobraken

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:00 AM

Had my brother go in a few weeks ago at Hubbard Creek if I remember right temp was 42 he was trying to keep a tree branch off the windshield,branch broke in he went,he saved the windshield.
Posted By: Pondbass

I haven't fallen out on the lake, but I have fallen out while standing on the front deck while Grandpa pulled up the ramp last year(that hurt!) and also tripped over the trailer tongue and faceplanted into the driveway twice last year.
Posted By: Nichols40

Why is it when you're falling in the water it is in slow motion.I've been in the drink a couple of times myself,takes forever!!The second time I think A few adult beverages were consumed.Good thing the water was in the mid forty's!!! Felt great!!
Posted By: Brad Dunn

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:02 AM

I haven't fell out yet but both of my kids have.
Posted By: Patta-whack

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:06 AM

You haven't really experience fishing until you gone off the bow at least once. 3x apperntly is the number for me. Last year at the PAA on T-Wak was spectating Zell Rowland in Hickory and went to pull up trolling motor - SNAP - head first belly flop! Buddy couldnt get his iphone out fast enough. He had to take the picture before asking if I was OK. At least Zell got a good laugh out of it. Somehow the picture ended up on the bass club website. With friends like that.................
Posted By: No Slack

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:11 AM

I have never fallen from my boat yet, but I did have to swim about a 100 yards once to get my boat that broke loose from the bank at Canyon Lake. Summer day so it was a pleasant temperature, but I was tired as h**l when I got to my boat, had to use the trim on the motor to lift me up...lol

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: No Slack
had to use the trim on the motor to lift me up...lol
rolfmao
Posted By: Triton4306

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:15 AM

Twice,
First time on welsh went to grab net for partners fish and tripped on rod box, the air temp was 19 and I had coveralls on. Second, time was on Martin creek wind was bad, partner wanted me to tie off to stump. Well he went in to fast bumped stump threw me out. Both times partners laughed there butts off...
Posted By: cinsano

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:20 AM

Me once, oldest son twice and youngest son once. All in the name of fishing.
Posted By: chunken

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:25 AM

fishing tournament last feb. standing on front of the boat trolling motor on high and all of a sudden i was flying through the air like superman, grabbed the trolling motor as it came by. my son could'nt help me he was to busy rolling in the floor, i am thankful we were at martin creek though.
Posted By: lextech

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:36 AM

I have not yet fell out into the drink, but last year at Galveston I took my brand new Kayak out while on vacation. All was going well. My wife said our son wanted to ride with me. I think yeah I got this we are going to show off and have some fun. We start going I paddled 2 times and first wave hits us we turned sideways. Next wave fills up the Yak yes its a sit in. We are sitting on the bottom and I am able to keep my head up but had to grab him and lift him up. He had just turned 5. We were all ok my wife, daughter and all the in laws were laughing so hard at us. Did the walk of shame dragging a full Kayak. Did I mention it was full? only 10' but man that is heavy. Took 3 of us to turn it over to drain. I decided I am not doing that one again.
Posted By: Cameron

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:55 AM

A few weeks ago...was cold, bruised my ribs all to hell catching the side of the boat.

Jumped out of a moving boat once after a few cocktails at 60-65mph. For some reason I pictured it like skipping across a pile of feathers...NEVER again. I'm lucky and stupid
Posted By: RJF1423

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 04:08 AM

Originally Posted By: RedRaider3933
Thought it was going to happen this weekend. Fishing a tournament at Oak Creek and my partner had a fish wrapped in a tree. We pulled up to it and I saw the fish so I went down to get it. He was a little deeper than I thought and I had my head and both arms underwater with my feet flying around in the air. Somehow managed to land the fish without going in. There goes one of my nine lives.

That was my fish! thumb
Posted By: SkeeterHawk

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 04:12 AM

No
Posted By: lvngstonbassmn

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 04:41 AM

Flipped my self right in to the stumps on Fayette.
Posted By: Boo in FW

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 04:46 AM

I fell into high 40's water chasing my gear that fell overboard. I tried to stay calm but it wasn't easy. I worked my to the back of my boat and thank God for Triton's built-in ladders!! I now carry a couple of towels in the boat and bring a change of clothes every time I go out.
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: tommyc
I got launched out at Fork in February about 20 years ago when the trolling motor hit a stump while I was going to get my bait unstuck. I actually then pushed out off the front a little more and bear hugged a tree. Only my feet got wet. My ex-Bro-in-law was laughing so hard he could barely get the boat back over to get me off of the tree. Lost my rod in the water but I could see the rod on the bottom. Fished it out and proceeded to continue casting like nothing happened. Chuck was at that point, lying on the back deck still unable to do much because of the hysteria that still had a hold of him.

A couple of winters ago, I was with Evan O and I was idling and then shut the motor off and did not get the trolling motor down quick enough and after I put the motor down I had to protect it from smashing into a tree. I leaned out the front a little and grabbed the tree and the tree bent for a while and then snapped off and I proceeded to fly off the bow head first. Had the inflatable on and it worked rather well imo. Wasn’t that easy getting back into the boat though with all the winter gear on. Glad I had someone with me.

I sure was glad to see to see you pop back up so fast! cheers
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 05:02 AM

Hey cam ya do know water is hard as concrete at that speed right. At least feels like it. I only say this and jab at ya cuz i did same thing on a dare but only at 45 mph. still took about 5 min get my breathe back. Now as for as falling in no but i did try to jump between boats once and didnt maje it to my buddies boat. Luckily it was summer.,
Posted By: Dave Redington

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 05:07 AM

+1 on the slow motion thing. It's amazing how many thoughts race thru your mind when you realize you can't "save" it, and know you're hitting the drink. 1) I hope I don't do a header off a stump 2)Is my phone in my pocket? 3)this is gonna be cold. 4)Don't lose the rod also. 5)did anyboby see me? 6)I'm a dumb arse. For me, yes for #'s 2-6. I guarantee it's a lot funnier watching someone else do the flailing helicopter
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 07:37 AM

Originally Posted By: TTU Bass Angler
Originally Posted By: RedRaider3933

That was my fish! thumb

Yeah. The same one we culled 20 minutes later. It was still worth it.
Posted By: pinesaddict

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 10:16 AM

Yep this fall drifted into a stump in about 15 mph wind its amazing how fast the boat can get away been wearing a inflatable every since
Posted By: Ken G

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 11:33 AM

I did it at Fayette last month when a Bud and I slapped rods and lost them, I made a grab for one of them and went right in head first
Posted By: Dip Net

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 11:54 AM

I did not know they made braided, stainless trolling motor ropes. Where do you find something like that? Thanks for the info.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 12:29 PM

i fell in last summer, leaned back on the butt seat, got my foot caught on a rod, the seat turned, and i went over the side. this happened in the blink of an eye. didn't have on a vest, lucky the water was really warm. went around the back, and pulled my fat arse up on the little ladder. this season i have a auto-inflate that i will have on all day. i also have a change of clothes in the boat. it ain't funny falling overboard, i was lucky. the wife was with me, and the water was warm. it is very hard getting back in the boat, even using the motor/tilt.
it can happen in a second, have a plan, and be careful.
Posted By: GO WACKY

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 01:54 PM

I've been fishing for over 40 yrs now and I've fallen in a few times. IMO we should plan for how we're going to get out and dry more than the laugh about it. When you're young you can easily get back in....not so easy as you age. I keep a change of clothes in the boat and I have an e ladder now. I also keep a rope tied to the rear pedistal pole that lays in the splash well. You should practice getting back in during the summer. I learned the method of riding the big motor up with the trim tab from TFF...wouldn't have thought of that. The one scary thought that I read on this site was falling in and realizing your boat is drifting away faster than you can swim...that's a problem I don't have an answer for.
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:00 PM

Kinda, never taken a full dive.. been half way in twice, both time trying to go after a crank bait!!
Posted By: krazy kris

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterEater
Kinda, never taken a full dive.. been half way in twice, both time trying to go after a crank bait!!

LOL I thought you were supposed to let the fish take the bait
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:18 PM

Been in the drink several times while Bow fishing, to busy looking for targets and not looking for stumps!

Fell in 2 years ago in February, while fishing a tournament, luckily i was at the house, had pulled back up to the house to run in and get another jacket, because it was cold as heck, got in a hurry trying to tie my boat to the dock, and went right over the side, my Dad was in the back, said he'd never seen someone get out of the water so fast! LOL!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:34 PM

I have fallen out several times. The thing that gets me is that I never fall in the lake when it is 95 degrees outside. Every time I have went in the lake it is 48 degrees and the north wind is blowing about 30 mph!
Posted By: Longeye

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

I have fallen out several times. The thing that gets me is that I never fall in the lake when it is 95 degrees outside. Every time I have went in the lake it is 48 degrees and the north wind is blowing about 30 mph!

I've read all these and a lot was when it is cold. Makes me wonder if it's because of all the clothes or coveralls on...? Making you more clumsy.?
Posted By: DaveS

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:29 PM

Only once. Was fishing a draw tournament with a rather large partner. We were fishing in the stumps at Fork in the wind. Hit one. He listed from starboard to port. I got wet. Funniest part was that I went in and was back in the boat before he knew I had gone over. Adrenaline made me fast...
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:34 PM

37years & counting NO.
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:40 PM

Had one bad year out of 50 falling out. Did it three times in one year starting January 1 on Fork...brrrr.
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:42 PM

I fell out once on Grapevine trying to catch my sun glasses that flew off my head while I was dodging a bullet weight coming at my head. My glasses hit the water and I hit the deck to try and catch them the problem was that more than 50% of my body was hanging over the side of the boat. I just kind of flipped over head first. The funny thing was it was only about 3 feet deep so I got a mud facial when my face hit the bottom. Glad we weren’t by the rocks!!!
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 03:52 PM

Once, about 25 years ago. Fishing from a rental boat on Lake Hodges in San Diego. Bait was snagged on a tree. Went to get it, and the boat started to drift away. I reached the point of no return with my feet in the boat and hands on the stump and in I went. You are right about it happening in slow motion. The worst part was somehow my keys came out of my pocket and are still there on the bottom. It was a long, wet ride home.
Posted By: bassinking

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 04:05 PM

Yes sir me and the brother in law were fishing at Alan Henry a few years back in Febuary and it waas plenty cold insulated coveralls and all.He got hung up in the top of a tree and I trolled up to the tree to get him un hung and when I grabbed the tree limb it snapped and in the lake I went.That was by far the coldest water I have ever felt in my life and it didnt take long to pop back up either.We still get a good laugh about it from time to time
Posted By: mobydink

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 05:00 PM

Yeah, 3 times. What's wrong with that?
Posted By: Bassen

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 05:12 PM

More times than I can count, In my younger days in the old 14ft john boat. It seemed like it would just chunk you out when it got tired of you??
One time my buddy set hook and out I went, Up side down, head in the water, feet still in the boat, rod in hand. came up cussing him out!
Posted By: lvick

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 05:28 PM

Three times. Twice on fork, one time when I was in my rain suit as it was raining and cold. Boat hit a stump when I quickly turned the trolling motor to the left to avoid a stump. There was a stump to the left. Went in head over heals. The water wasn't to deep so I was back in the boat in no time and only got wet around the sleeves of my coat. Same thing happened on Ray Roberts but it was exceptionally windy the water was about twenty foot deep. Extremely hard time getting to the boat with all the winter clothes and it could have been bad. Wife was in the boat and able to help get to me. Lost a calcuta reel and decent rod. Needless to say I wear a life jacket while in the the boat.
Posted By: Mike Andrews

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 05:51 PM

Not yet but I'm sure my day is coming.....
Posted By: mercury2

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 05:54 PM

not yet, when i do i hope its summer time
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 05:59 PM

where's JSW?? I heard he fell out of a boat in the parking lot! LOL!
Posted By: mobydink

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: tommyc

Oh that is funny!!

Posted By: STEVE B

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 06:34 PM

my partner has... so far i have only fell out of my boat once and that was when it was on the trailer at motel at ivie and i slipped and the first thing to hit was my shoulder in the dirt. kinda think it woulda been better to go in the lake..
Posted By: Dillon Lee Ins & Guide Service

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/22/11 09:29 PM

yep i was in jr college and there was a dock full of good looking girls laying out i was passing by with the tr9olling motor on high and one of them raised up and spoke to me. I guess i panicked cause i never took my foot off the button and about that time the motor hung a stump and i walked right off the front of the boat. swam to the back climbed in and then triped over the seat and fell in the botom of the boat. It was embarrasing they got a kick out of it though.
Posted By: J.Johnson

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/23/11 07:59 PM

the 1st time i fell out of the boat i was prefishing for a BFL tourney on the Red River ....right aftre i passed i few gators laying on logs..trolling motor hit a stump and over i went. I swear i heard the music from jaws when i went under. until then i had never walked on water before...but i found out i could that day.
Posted By: Bass Art

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/23/11 08:26 PM

I was pitching a jig into the buck brush in Little Creek at Rayburn about 25 years ago. I looked down at my trolling motor hitting a stump and went right off the front. I went down and came right back out, grabbing the gunnel and popping right back up onto the front deck. I jerked my wallet out of my pocket and threw it at my wife. She was laughing so hard, she could hardly get it out that my wallet was still dry. Said the top of my head didn't even get wet. She likes to retell it to friends.
Posted By: Bass Johnson

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/23/11 08:29 PM

I almost did last weekend at fork up in Birch trying to get up after unhooking a 4+lber from the trolling motor. Luckily there were only about 20 boats and a few dock owners out or I might have been embarrassed.
Posted By: billynjuls

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/23/11 08:36 PM

After fishing all my life, it happened to me at Fork in January this year at a tournament. It was cold, cold, cold. For some reason I decided to leave my life jacket on since it was helping keep me warm. My partner was running the trolling motor in my boat and I reached down to grab a rod. It was slick and the next thing I knew I did a flip off the front deck. The water was low 40s and about 30' deep. I have a transom ladder, but I was so cold I didn't think about it and just wanted to get back in the boat. It was actually quite scary. I pulled myself to the rear of the boat and my partner pulled my big a** in. I ruined my Iphone, but I kept fishing for two more hours until the tournament was over. Didn't have a change of clothes or anything. I know it was stupid, but I didn't want to give up.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/23/11 09:05 PM

Yes, and we won the tourney that day. Good omen!!
Posted By: oldstrat

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/23/11 09:50 PM

Once, while fishing in south Louisiana. My partner and I were throwing in some cypress trees and he hung his spinnerbait in the moss hanging from the branches. He jumped to the front of the boat and and I stepped aside to let him run the trolling motor while I kept pitching to the trees. I turned so my back was to him and the next thing I know he screams and runs straight into me pushing me out of the boat. I stepped across three cypress knees before I lost it and went in. He was using tree branches to pull the boat in closer to his bait and I happened to be between him and the back of the boat when he reached up and grabbed a branch that had a water snake streched out on it.
Posted By: bigg

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/24/11 02:47 AM

6 times in 25 years. 5 on the lake and 1 in the driveway. Every one hurt physically or finacially.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/24/11 02:48 AM

I still float. Had been wondering if I could.
Posted By: Bassn8r

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/24/11 03:00 AM

There's two kinds of boaters in the world. Those that have fallen out of their boats and those that will. Be prepared because it happens so fast. Stay calm and get back in the boat. It will lead to a good laugh eventually.
Posted By: HatCamBass

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/24/11 03:07 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saWyoBSwOMM
Posted By: Dognot

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/24/11 03:15 AM

yes, I went to pull up the troling motor and it broke fell right in, my two buddies were about 20 yards away, they got one heck of a laugh.It sure is tough for a fat boy to get back in a boat without a ladder!
Posted By: sunburnt34

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/25/11 04:44 AM

Back in my early days, had a 30hp on a 14ft Monark. tiller handle. Remember loosening up the nut on the motor pivot. Next day was going across the lake with a beer in my left hand and tiller in my right, my cap started to feel like it was about to blow off my head so let go of the tiller handle for a split second and my boat did an instant 180, instantly tossing me over the rear corner of my boat. But as said before it was like slow motion, and I grabbed the corner of the boat. My boat motor still running right next to me, doing slow circles,..I reached up and pulled the kill switch that should of been connected to me. Trust me,...the kill switch was always wrapped securely around me from that day on. If in that split second I wasnt able to grab onto the corner, the boat doing small circles,....(still sends shivers up my spine) Just wanna let everyone know, YOU arent bulletproof, USE YOUR SAFETY DEVICES!!!
Priority #1 ...Is YOU! Get Home Safely!!!!!!!
Posted By: sunburnt34

Re: HAVE YOU EVER FALLEN OUT OF THE BOAT? - 02/25/11 04:47 AM

Back in my early days, had a 30hp on a 14ft Monark. tiller handle. Remember loosening up the nut on the motor pivot. Next day was going across the lake with a beer in my left hand and tiller in my right, my cap started to feel like it was about to blow off my head so let go of the tiller handle for a split second and my boat did an instant 180, instantly tossing me over the rear corner of my boat. But as said before it was like slow motion, and I grabbed the corner of the boat. My boat motor still running right next to me, doing slow circles,..I reached up and pulled the kill switch that should of been connected to me. Trust me,...the kill switch was always wrapped securely around me from that day on. If in that split second I wasnt able to grab onto the corner, the boat doing small circles,....(still sends shivers up my spine) Just wanna let everyone know, YOU arent bulletproof, USE YOUR SAFETY DEVICES!!!
Priority #1 ...Is YOU! Get Home Safely!!!!!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum