Texas Fishing Forum

HOOKS does anyone use red?

Posted By: Bkr10

HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/29/11 09:58 PM

Just wondering if RED makes any difference?
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/29/11 10:01 PM

I use them some on the front of crankbaits
Posted By: Cameron

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/29/11 10:02 PM

I only use them on baits where normal owner stingers or gammy ewg screw the action up. Reds don't hold a point and seem to bend a lot more easily.
Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/30/11 12:22 AM

I am a big believer is red hooks on the front of cranks but not deep. Red disappears in deep water and that is why some use red line. You will have the paint wear off the red treble after awhile but I use that as a sing to change out the hook for a new sharp one
Posted By: Robert Brown

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/30/11 12:47 AM

I use red Gammies hooks for most of my soft plastics, and usually replace a treble on cranks with them as well. The red wears off if you are wackin' 'em.
Posted By: rudapa

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/30/11 01:06 AM

Red hooks make no difference to me.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/30/11 01:46 AM

Get a package of them and try them out for your self. That way you will know first hand if they work for you or not. BTW red does not disappear, it appears to be a different color in deeper water.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/30/11 01:47 AM

Use them all the time.
Posted By: rudapa

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/30/11 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Get a package of them and try them out for your self. That way you will know first hand if they work for you or not. BTW red does not disappear, it appears to be a different color in deeper water.

Grey in deeper water. I have red hooks and I fish with red hook lovers at times and I see no difference in catch rate. If they make you confident then you should use them. Confidence is 1/2 the battle. thumb
Posted By: Bullfrog2

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/30/11 02:04 AM

My buddy uses them on his shallow cranks, while I'm throwing the exact same one. He used to double the amout of bites as me. I finally wised up
Posted By: bassackwards dav

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/30/11 02:21 AM

I use them for trailer hooks on spinner baits alot and I replace the front hook on crank baits with a red treble.
Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/30/11 02:34 AM

KVD swears by red hooks. Good enough for me! LOL
Posted By: CenTxSkeeter

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/30/11 02:41 AM

I always use red for worms and trailers on spinners. Fish might not care less, but I like them
Posted By: dakicka

Re: HOOKS does anyone use red? - 01/30/11 02:54 AM

On my 3 biggest bass of my life: 7.9, 6.11, 5.6 all were caught pitching a creature bait, craw or tube with a red hook. I am convinced. Here's a 4.14 pounder on red hook too and a little Q+A about red hook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Jda5f9Fmo
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum