Texas Fishing Forum

Boat lifted off trailer

Posted By: lost

Boat lifted off trailer - 01/18/11 03:11 PM

Not sure where exactly to post this but, Im having a boat shipped here on a flat bed trailer and will need the boat and trailer removed (lifted off) once it's here (Hopefully Friday in the Lewisville area. I can go to Dallas if need be) Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated..
Posted By: BassCat_94

Re: Boat lifted off trailer - 01/18/11 03:14 PM

Might call the boat dealers off I35. They might have fee they would charge to do this for you. I've seen a lift at one of them I believe.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Boat lifted off trailer - 01/18/11 03:17 PM

Might be able to find a loading dock to use.
Posted By: J-2

Re: Boat lifted off trailer - 01/18/11 03:29 PM

I bet Classic Fiberglass in Denton could get you fixed up.
Posted By: Brian McCarty

Re: Boat lifted off trailer - 01/18/11 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass-hole

+1
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Boat lifted off trailer - 01/18/11 04:35 PM

call Chris McClain up at classic fiberglass and talk to him. I bet you will meet a friend and future business to work on your boat wink
Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: Boat lifted off trailer - 01/18/11 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass-hole

+3 I think we can get ya taken care of..
Posted By: StumpJumper1

Re: Boat lifted off trailer - 01/18/11 06:06 PM

so the boat and trailer is sitting on a flatbed trailer? is it a lowboy trailer?

i've got an idea that's probably pretty stupid, but just may work....

chain the boat trailer to the flatbed trailer so it can't come off, back the whole assembly down a boat ramp, drive the boat off the into the water, dock it. then get a couple guys and some rigging and push the boat trailer off the flatbed, lowering it down the flatbed's ramp easily with the rigging. hook the boat trailer up to your truck once it's on the ground, put your boat back on, and take it all home.

like i said, probably pretty stupid.
Posted By: basseditor

Re: Boat lifted off trailer - 01/18/11 10:21 PM

I've used a boom fork lift before.
Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: Boat lifted off trailer - 01/27/11 06:00 PM

I think Lost got a couple of pictures of this... I think he was a little scared seeing his boat hangingsix foot in the air...
Posted By: lost

Re: Boat lifted off trailer - 01/27/11 08:48 PM

Classic Fiberglass went way out of their way to help me on this. They stopped what they were doing, brought out their lifts and had me unloaded in 10 minutes!! They went above and beyond to help a fellow TFF member out. I know for fact I will use them for any repairs I may need!! Thanks Again...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum