Texas Fishing Forum

BACK from El Salto...WOW

Posted By: threeseas

BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/14/10 02:00 PM

WHAT A TRIP...AND A SAFE ONE TOOOOO...although the fishing may have been a little off ,, we still got from 25-50 a day/// no big ones but WHO CARES about that..stayed at the RON SPEED camp .food ,guides,,EVERYTHING WAS TOP NOTCH...this was a high school graduation trip that has been planned for a loooong time for my son...Jimmy Smith was the one who made this whole trip possible for my son...YEAH THE Jimmy from Smitty's Sporting Goods in Oak Cliff....WE ALL HAD A FRIGGIN BLAST....AND THEN WE STAYED A FEW NIGHTS IN MAZATLAN AT THE EL CID MARINA....no details on that part.....THANKS..Jimmy and all the people at Ron Speeds Adventures....Greg Clark
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/14/10 03:02 PM

I plan on going there next year!
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide- James Caldemeyer

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/14/10 04:00 PM

Awesome! Glad you and Cody had a great time. I have a hard time "fishing" when I'm there because I am too busying looking at the beautiful scenery. Ron Speed has great lodging, guides, and good food also!!
Posted By: J C Outdoors

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/14/10 04:07 PM

Glad you guys had a great time. Jimmy Smith is an awesome guy, definitely a product of good parenting. We missed you guys Sunday at the individual, a good one to miss it was coooold and wiiiindy. Hope to see you guys Saturday at the teams.
Posted By: capt grumpy

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/14/10 04:22 PM

Glad you guys enjoyed the trip sounds like fun. If you see jimmy tell him Bill Brasher said hello havent seen him since we lived in lancaster. Jimmy is a class act.Bill.

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/14/10 06:13 PM

oh yeah....flew back into Phoenix with Skeete Reese ....Cody said as we de-planing....hold on a minute dad here comes someone i need to talk to...and up walks THE MAN...we walked a little ways through the airport B.S in
Posted By: furim2

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/14/10 07:38 PM

Spent the night with Jimmy in Manaus, Brazil. He definitely knows the spots to go when he's in town.
Posted By: Terry M

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/14/10 08:14 PM

Very cool Greg I'm glad to hear you guys had a great time!
Posted By: Chet

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/14/10 10:14 PM

What was your big fish?

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/15/10 02:36 PM

next on the list......PEACOCK FISHIN IN BRAZIL....with Jimmy
Posted By: nate king

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/15/10 02:42 PM

i know jimmy, and im sure that he told you that you might want to stay a couple more nights......for reasons that cant be mentioned

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/15/10 04:38 PM

Nate,

Have you ever been to El Salto?
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/15/10 05:13 PM

Great to hear! You dont find folks better than Jimmy! Ron Speeds set up at Salto is hard to beat also.

Glad you guys are home with a great experience....sounds like a pretty generous gift to Cody and a treat for Dad!!!!

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/16/10 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Rockie Martin
Nate,

nope, i was going to go last year, but my girlfriend put the foot down and we went to Paya Del Carmen instead

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/16/10 03:49 PM

I am working on getting some guys together and going next year if you have a interest...

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/16/10 04:12 PM

well i know smitty pretty well, he tries to get me to go to brazil or mexico every year, he has always said that he will give me a great deal for me and my father

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/16/10 04:30 PM

I have a couple guys that want to go to Mexico. I have been to Peacock Bass fishing before in Venezuilla and would like to go to Brazil...

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/16/10 07:37 PM

let me know, i will get prices from smitty

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/16/10 07:45 PM

Lets do it... Ask him best time to go.
Posted By: Jay Kendrick

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/16/10 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: nate king
Nate,

nope, i was going to go last year, but my girlfriend put the foot down and we went to Paya Del Carmen instead

I went to Playa del Carmen for my spring break one year in highschool.... epic

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/17/10 01:39 AM

Lets do it... Ask him best time to go.

I already know the best time to go! And that is NOW! Your best bet is to wait till next winter and go. You can still go in the summer, but its so damn hot and miserable

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/21/10 01:40 PM

GO NOW......DON'T WAIT
Posted By: Bassin Ritz

Re: BACK from El Salto...WOW - 12/21/10 02:57 PM

I knew Jimmy Smith back in the 80's when I was in high school. To hear that he helped assemble such a memorable trip for you and your son does not surprise me. Top notch guy. Every time I went into the store he would stop and share info and I was just a kid then. I'm glad you had a great and safe time!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum