Texas Fishing Forum

Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard

Posted By: Lone Star Basser

Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/01/10 03:12 PM

Me and two buddies got on the water at about 7:00am and started finding fish along the rip-rap. I threw a shakey head for about an hour then started throwing a crankbait and then started finding the fish. We could only fish until 10:00 due to my work schedule, but we all three caught 4-5 quality fish a piece, including two four pounders. Not too bad of a day.

Anyone else been doing any good?
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/01/10 03:18 PM

gps coord's please wink LOL!! havent had much time out there, going in the morning until noon. finally, a much needed water therapy session wink
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/01/10 03:33 PM

There are NO fish on rip rap that you can catch using a crankbait on Ray Hubbard. It's a ruse. A trick! Don't believe it! smile
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/01/10 05:35 PM

I went out yesterday to a main lake point and saw a few on the surface.Then I saw a pair moving really fast like they were chasing something.They weren't interested in anything I had to offer.I watched the nice pair until they were out of sight.Does anyone know a girl on a red and purple jet ski? What a nice morning.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/01/10 07:01 PM

shoulda tried your spook on em !
Posted By: SkeeterHawk

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/01/10 07:26 PM

I had a pretty good day yesterday,but didn't fish rocks.

I would have been back out there today but had to dog sit.

May get out late this afternoon.

Headed to Squaw Creek in the AM.
Posted By: mobydink

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/01/10 09:04 PM

Tennessee Fisherman and I are gonna see if we can pattern some fish in the morning. May be Fishin' the RHBC open if I can get on some size.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/01/10 11:07 PM

Come out and join us Moby!
Posted By: Sapper21c

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/02/10 12:41 AM

I'll be there in the morning, can anyone comment on which riprap is best?

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/02/10 12:45 AM

Sure enough planning on it Tom. Bite has been purdy good the last month.
Posted By: Doug E. Fresh

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/02/10 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Sapper21c

pick some and start chunkin
Posted By: nate king

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/02/10 02:05 AM

secondary points
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/02/10 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Sapper21c
thought you were going to fork?
Posted By: Sapper21c

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/02/10 04:44 AM

Decided against it when you said it just turned over... Hard to beat the five minute drive to hubbard, too. I decided to save fork for during the week, less crowded I hope.

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/03/10 01:44 AM

Guys,
Be careful if you are heading up into Muddy Creek area. I rolled over a stump that apprently had rebar drove in the top of it and put a hole in my old tub. It was about 200 to 250 yards north of the railroad tressle. 15 to 20 yards of the east bank. I'm out of commission for awhile.
Posted By: james freeman

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/03/10 02:08 AM

thanks for the info
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/03/10 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: mobydink
Guys,
Be careful if you are heading up into Muddy Creek area. I rolled over a stump that apprently had rebar drove in the top of it and put a hole in my old tub. It was about 200 to 250 yards north of the railroad tressle. 15 to 20 yards of the east bank. I'm out of commission for awhile.
Sure it wasnt a t-post? There is an old fence line right where you are talking about. When the lake is low you can see them. The posts that are usually visible are 15-20 ft off the banks on each side.

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/03/10 03:19 AM

I'm not sure if it was t-post or not. The way the boat rolled I think it was a stump. I have been up there many times when the water was lower too, and thought I had most of the big wood memorized for a run, but I dont recall t-post. Doesn't mean they aren't there, I just don't recall them. I'm getting old though.
Posted By: Want 2 Fish

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/03/10 09:21 PM

Sorry for my ignorance but where in Hubbard is the Muddy Creek area.
Posted By: fishincontrol

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/03/10 09:27 PM

North of 66 in Rowlett...
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/03/10 09:51 PM

I pulled a first today on Hubbard. Fell in the water. Caught 8 but only one good keeper. Hard to fish the shaky hear right when you are shaking trying to dry out.
Posted By: Perry

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/03/10 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Trickster
I pulled a first today on Hubbard. Fell in the water. Caught 8 but only one good keeper. Hard to fish the shaky hear right when you are shaking trying to dry out.

I thought i saw you out there today. How in the heck did you fall in the water. Hope you didnt fall in early,.It was hilly out. I fished for a couple hours and managed 7. One about 4# a 2#pdr and the rest were dinks.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/03/10 10:48 PM

It was around 9:45. And it was chilly. No backup stuff to wear.
Guess what will be on my checklist.

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/03/10 10:54 PM

Wow it was a little nippy out this morning. That blows!
Posted By: SkeeterHawk

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/04/10 12:27 AM

Ya'll quit sore lipping all those fish.Leave me something to catch on Tuesday nite. LOL
Posted By: Mulkster

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/04/10 12:32 AM

Took TFF member Tennessee_Fisherman fishing with me today. We did really good. Today we boated about 20 fish PB for the day was about 6lbs only fished till 2pm. Tennessee_Fisherman lost a fish that would have been about 7lbs. Lures Used(Red EyE Shad, Spinner baits, Plastic worms, Jigs, Shakey heads and the Kitchen Sink) Pattern was grass on wind blown points and rocks but not just any rocks.
Posted By: 007.

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/04/10 02:11 AM

Dang Rick, that's one way to get more acquainted with the fish... grin Yeah, it was chilly this morning, bet that made for a long day.
Posted By: G ranger

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/04/10 02:29 PM

I was the one who helped you out of the water on Sunday. Anybody who fishes alot knows that that can and will happen. Glad we were there to help. That can go from funny to serious very fast.

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/04/10 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: G ranger
I was the one who helped you out of the water on Sunday. Anybody who fishes alot knows that that can and will happen. Glad we were there to help. That can go from funny to serious very fast.

where you in a red ranger? If so I saw y'all running south from the 66 bridge right into a bunch of hairy [censored] !!!
Posted By: G ranger

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/04/10 08:46 PM

Not me. I was not near 66

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/04/10 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: G ranger
Not me. I was not near 66

ok
Posted By: Joefishin

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/04/10 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: * 007 *

Dang Rick, that's one way to get more acquainted with the fish... grin Yeah, it was chilly this morning, bet that made for a long day.

As his namesake 'Rick' Clunn would say. You have to get intimate with the bass.....
Posted By: 007.

Re: Good morning on Lake Ray Hubbard - 10/05/10 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Joefishin
Originally Posted By: * 007 *

As his namesake 'Rick' Clunn would say. You have to get intimate with the bass.....

Uhh yeah, he said "intimate"... grin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum