Texas Fishing Forum

Couple shot on Falcon

Posted By: adam_p

Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 10:39 PM

ZAPATA (September 30, 2010)—A McAllen man was shot Thursday in Mexican waters on Lake Falcon after two boats of armed men approached him and his wife.

Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said Thursday the 30-year-old and his wife were riding jet skis back from a sight-seeing trip to Mexico when the gunmen approached.

Gonzalez said the man was shot in the head as the couple sped away.

Gonzalez said the man’s wife fears her husband is dead.

She escaped as the gunmen fired at her, but had to leave him behind.

He said he has contacted the consulate in Mexico to ask them to look for the man.

The shooting happened at Falcon Lake, where state officials earlier this year warned boaters that pirates were patrolling the waters.

The 60-mile long lake was formed by construction of a dam on the Rio Grande that was dedicated in 1953 by then Mexican President Adolfo Ruiz Cortines and U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/104113148.html
Posted By: southtexascracker

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 10:42 PM

Doesnt look good. Doesnt look good at all.
Posted By: Tracker Tim

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 10:44 PM

I though all this gunman stuff was just rumors. Obviously not.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Tracker Tim
I though all this gunman stuff was just rumors. Obviously not.
+1
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 10:50 PM

Jet ski's ??? Really ?? most are as fast as a quick boat. Something just sounds funny about it... I'm not implying anything, do you Falcon guys have a lot of jet skier's down there..
Posted By: Cameron

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 10:53 PM

7.62x39 travels at 731mph....I'm sure there is a lot more to this story. Very sad nonetheless. I still plan on going to Falcon later this year with Kendrick, will not deter me.
Posted By: GO WACKY

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 10:57 PM

You'd make a good cop, Red....very interesting...I think it's as likely as not to be a drug deal gone bad.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 11:01 PM

This aint good.
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 11:02 PM

It's gotten to where you need to be "packing" wherever you go nowadays.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Cameron @ LFM
7.62x39 travels at 731mph....

Yeah, I know-I have several.. You'd think they could out maneuver someone headed their way. Especially in these times of heightened awareness.. ** be careful the boogey man is out there...** Just say'n
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
7.62x39 travels at 731mph....

Yeah, I know-I have several.. You'd think they could out maneuver someone headed their way. Especially in these times of heightened awareness.. ** be careful the boogey man is out there...** Just say'n

I would have to agree....what in the world are you doing in Mexican Waters on Falcon on Jet Skis....something sounds a little wierd here...No question still a very sad story for everyone.
Posted By: ZigZag

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 11:36 PM

I'm sure James, or Charlie will weigh in, when the facts are all
sorted out. Whatever happened, I bet it is different from the initial media hype. Definitely gives you pause......stay safe.
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 11:44 PM

I thought the guys with the guns over there were "taken care of"???

It has been real bad down there for over a year and people keep blowing it off...
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 11:46 PM

Note to self, I need to get me a small sub.
Posted By: charlie haralson

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 09/30/10 11:53 PM

The man has been under investigation for a long time. That is a fact. It was a drug deal gone bad. Come on folks a jet ski on Falcon in late September was back by the church in the Salado rivet. You do the math.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 12:21 AM

There you have it folks, before the rags and digital propaganda machines make it a lead story........
Does give 'soltando la sopa' a small tweak.....:)

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: charlie haralson
The man has been under investigation for a long time. That is a fact. It was a drug deal gone bad. Come on folks a jet ski on Falcon in late September was back by the church in the Salado rivet. You do the math.

either way it still confirms that there are boats full of retards running around the lake with rifles. Wether you should be worried about it I don't know I don't have any experience. Running a bright yellow boat like I do seems like it would invite attention from them. I know if I was coming down now I would consider laying my AR on the front deck with me. Federales would not catch me if
the wind wasn't bad.
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 12:52 AM

Prayers go out to the family!

Sad deal!
Posted By: stroker46

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:12 AM

Bullcrap! Its just the LIBERAL Media making up this [censored]! What we need is more guns!
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: gary20i
Never leave home without my pistol dont matter where I go and yes I have a CHL so Im legal.
Posted By: The Hag

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:23 AM

Charlie... I am very sorry this type of media hype is going to hit the fan again. Even though it might have been a drug deal gone bad, you know what the media will do with it. You guys don't need this type of bad press right now. You have the best fishing in the world and then this happens just when things were settled down. I got the call from Falcon a few minutes ago and my thoughts and prayers were imediately on you guys that make a living there and the local businessess that are hurting down there right now. Hang in there! Once the real truth gets out, you will have people coming again in no time.
Posted By: VetteRprMan

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:40 AM

It won't stop me from going down there. I have never seen a jet ski on Falcon. As soon as I read the first post I knew it was fishy. How many people will be shot in Dallas tonight in a bad drug deal? As my old dad used to say "You play with stink you get it on you". Well, it was close to that!

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:42 AM

adam, you need to take lamoon with you....he has the paperwork to cover an incident, in case you can't outrun a .50 BMG and you have to shoot back. Good luck lads.......where were you brave souls when we needed you to lead the charge in 68? Actually, I
know where some of them are. Stifle boys, it hurts, really hurts, to get shot.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: ZigZag
adam, you need to take lamoon with you....he has the paperwork to cover an incident, in case you can't outrun a .50 BMG and you have to shoot back. Good luck lads.......where were you brave souls when we needed you to lead the charge in 68? Actually, I
know where some of them are. Stifle boys, it hurts, really hurts, to get shot.

I wouldn't really be worried about them just shooting for no reason. I wouldn't let them get close enough to see anything before I jetted either.

I wasn't alive in 68.
Posted By: Troyz

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:24 AM

Thanks for the update Charlie. I gotta say the initial report did not add up at all. Lots of red flags to me. Hopefully there will be further reports coming in so this can all get cleared up soon.
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:38 AM

Charlie - Nice speaking with you tonight man. I'll see you in December.
Posted By: Falconer

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:39 AM

Drug deal or not this is not good. The media is going to go crazy with this one. I have see the effect that the pirate thing has had on The tackel stores and guides. Charlie and I are still getting quite a few trips but not as good as last year, But I know alot of other guides are suffering. I will wait for the facts but eaither way this sucks and I fill bad for the family involved
Posted By: jigflippin

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:44 AM

It is going to be a media circus for sure.I have read what has been written by the press so far and not one paper has mentioned a possible drug deal gone bad, but that is expected from the propaganda driven press. I have Charlie booked for the 26th and 27th this month and it is an eye opener to say the least. I will not cancel my trip and if I am that scared I will just tell Charlie to fish me on the U.S, side. I know alot of people will just say "Of course Charlie is going to minimize it because he makes his living there" but Charlie has a wife and kids that he wants to return home to each night. Logic tells me that he might know better than anyone what the case might be.
Posted By: Basszilla

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:39 AM

I'll be at Falcon this Saturday. Fishing is beast and I ain't losing out. Falcon Lake Tackle I'll see you guys soon.
Posted By: whitecapping

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: adam_p
ZAPATA (September 30, 2010)—

Gonzalez said the man was shot in the head as the couple sped away.

Gonzalez said the man’s wife fears her husband is dead.

She escaped as the gunmen fired at her, but had to leave him behind.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/104113148.html

Sad. How would you know where he got hit if you were speeding away.
Posted By: LSUfan

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 06:02 AM

I do feel bad for the shops, guides and town of zapata. I am looking forward to my next trip back down to Falcon but I'll do the same as last time and stay in the U.S. I don't have any rights in Mexico therefore I don't go smile and the fishing is just as good on the U.S. side!
Posted By: OneUp

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 10:46 AM

..and so the national media onslaught begins

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/01/national/main6917510.shtml
Posted By: RSK

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By: VetteRprMan
It won't stop me from going down there. I have never seen a jet ski on Falcon. As soon as I read the first post I knew it was fishy. How many people will be shot in Dallas tonight in a bad drug deal? As my old dad used to say "You play with stink you get it on you". Well, it was close to that!

My thoughts exactly! If you just mind your own business and are there to fish, nobody will bother you! This is going to be blown way out of porportion just like the pirate thing! Like stated above, people are killed in the line of criminal activities every day, all over the world.

However, there is one thing that I would like to see happen out at Falcon. I would like to see more Border Patrol/Game Wardens/Authorities out on the lake to deter this sort of thing from happening. I hardley ever see any type of law enforcement out there and that bothers me a little bit, especially with all of the bad publicity. You would think the place would be crawling with em.

I am afraid that yoo many people are going to start carrying guns out there and that one of these days a civilian fisherman is going to get hurt because of it!

Im all for conceled carry, however, I dont think it is very smart to carry out there thinking that you are going to fight off pirates or drug dealers. The last time I checked, a .40 cal pistol isnt a match for 5 0r 6 automatic rifles. Unless you are John Rambo. All it is going to do is make things worse for you if you ever do have a run in with somebody out there. Trust me, you want to look as un threathening as possible so that nobody gets an itchy trigger finger.

Me and my dad carry our pistols with us everywhere too, but we dont take them on the boat for this reason.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 12:13 PM

I wonder why Sigi ( The Zapata Sheriff ) hasn't said anything other than it was tourists that were shot?
Posted By: El Grande

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 12:22 PM

In December 1989, the US invaded Panama (I was stationed there for 4 years) because a US Navy sailor and his wife were beaten by Panamanian Police. Obviously there were issues with Noriega, but that beating was the final straw. If our government does not grow a set of eggs, and continue to let it's citizens be killed, beaten, kidnapped, etc. with no recourse, then this type of thing will continue all over the world. The entire community of Zapata and other border towns as well suffer when these things happen. Fly a few cobras over the lake every couple of hours and see how many banditos show up.
Posted By: Panhandle

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 12:26 PM

Well said Jay. I like it.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: OneUp

Much better reporting in this article.

It sounds like a typical site seeing trip. I'd stay clear from calling the victims drug dealers! He worked in the oil field and looked like a normal guy!

This is really sad, could you imagine your wife seeing this happen to you?

I also took pictures of the same church....
Posted By: COVA

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 12:51 PM

I saw a guy on a jet ski this past Tues. coming from the Mexican side of the river towards the County ramp. He was doing crazy 8's in the water and didn't slow down or he didn't see me as we were on a collision course close to the the ramp.
Posted By: Ride-or-Fish ®

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 12:57 PM

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:01 PM

Another question that comes to mind is why the GW would not go look for him after dark? Are they scared? Just curious, because when someone drowns around here they look ALL night!
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:02 PM

Just in case, here is a brief article about the constitutional powers of a State to protect themselves without having to rely on a Federal Government that won't. This article was about Arizona BUT it could also apply to Texas.

In a related development, another explosive discovery was made by
those who actually take the Constitution seriously. The Constitution
specifically allows an individual state to wage war against a
neighboring country in the event of an invasion, should there be a
dangerous delay or inaction on the part of the federal government.

From Article I, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution, we find these
words: "No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, engage in
War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not
admit of delay."

No one who is actually familiar with the crisis at the southern border
can deny that Arizona is endangered by the relentless assault of
lawless Mexican invaders who ignore our laws, inundate our schools and
medical facilities with unpaid bills, and even endanger the very lives
of citizens with criminal drug cartels that engage in kidnapping,
murder, human trafficking, and other mayhem, including aiming missile
and grenade launchers directly at U.S. border cities from just across
the Mexican border. This is every bit as much of an invasion as the
nation of Iran sending in a fleet of warships to the Port of
Charleston.
The Constitution that forms the basis of the rule of law in this
country says that Arizona has legal right to protect itself in the
case of inaction or delay on the part of the federal government,
including waging war in its self-defense.
Posted By: bassman1

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:12 PM

won't stop me from going though. I stay on the Texas side anyway.
Posted By: tigerbass

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:33 PM

If your trying to determine if someone is a drug dealer or user by the way he looks you might be correct 50% of the time. Also there are plenty of people that have jobs and careers and still have their hand in the drug ring. I'm not saying he is or isn't but just be aware of how we make assumptions.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:34 PM

Posted By: snickers

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:39 PM

Jet sking and sight seeing on Falcom ? COME ON MAN
Posted By: Scott N

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
Yeah I hear ya, but let's face this, who in their right mind would go into Mexico on a jet ski to score some drugs? You can get any drug you want on every street corner in the USA.

To buy in bulk.

I have recently fished with Charlie and I do not believe for one second that he would take a client out fishing if he thought it was dangerous. He can catch fish on other lakes, Amistad is pretty close.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:45 PM

We did not see any Jet Skis either.
Posted By: bwhatley

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:49 PM

I think a lot of you are missing the point here. Regardless of why it happened there is no denying the fact that there was a boat with people in it carrying guns shooting at other people killing one person. No matter how you spin the story that fact should not be forgotten. If fishermen were in the area then they could have been the victim of a stray bullet. Say what you want, but it could happen to any of us.
Posted By: Chad Miller

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:51 PM

either way you slice it, there's still a dead american in mexican waters. Deal or no deal, its unacceptable. True, you can never judge a book by its cover, but it's kind of odd that he chose to do this deal on the waters of lake falcon. All you have to do is know the right people in ANY town and you can get just about ANY drug you are searching for. Makes me lean towards the tourist claim a tad. Seriously, what did these guys have that he couldn't find on american soil?
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:51 PM

Sounds like everyone is becoming a over-hyped bunch of Chicken Littles!
Posted By: PamN77

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:52 PM

Wow

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:52 PM

Im more worried about fishing the west side of Lake Arlington, or fishing in th back waters of the south Red River than I am there.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 01:53 PM

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:03 PM

People ride jetskis on Caddo Lake...I think it's crazy, but they do it year round!

How can we judge what happened when neither the news nor anyone has reported anything about drugs. Amazing! Amazing!

Let's be Christians here! Would you want people to judge you after your death? I'm not an expert on Christianity, but I'm sure there is a good scripture in the bible about making judgments of the deceased!

Let's have some compassion for all those invlolved, including the town of Zapata!

Posted By: SkinnyT

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Scott N
Yeah I hear ya, but let's face this, who in their right mind would go into Mexico on a jet ski to score some drugs? You can get any drug you want on every street corner in the USA.

To buy in bulk.

I have recently fished with Charlie and I do not believe for one second that he would take a client out fishing if he thought it was dangerous. He can catch fish on other lakes, Amistad is pretty close.

Buying bulk on a jet ski? lol
And then try to get it past the BP checkpoint.
Lots of missing details still.
Posted By: bassinbiker

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:09 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with Chad's comments above. I think the "bigger" issue here is the fact there are numerous boats on Falcon(mex or tex side -- it doesn't matter) and we have done nothing to put a stop to it. The more this happens - whether it's a simple robbery where no one is injured or a shooting such as this one -- and we as a country sit idly by without inflicting repercussions on the bandits, or Mexico for not stopping the bandits, the worse it will get. We need to put a stop to this NOW! We need to take back our borders before it is too late. Let your congressmen know that you are not happy that this is happening.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:09 PM

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:12 PM

All you have to do to get through a checkpoint is say "yes" when they ask if you are a citizen- they are a joke. Also a backpack full of cocaine or meth is big bucks.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:16 PM

All you have to do to get through a checkpoint is say "yes" when they ask if you are a citizen- they are a joke. Also a backpack full of cocaine or meth is big bucks.

My buddy got stopped for over an hour a few weeks ago pulling his 40K bass boat back north. Was that a joke? They asked him a hundred questions and did a nice little search throughout his boat.

They have those little dogs with noses that smell that stinky stuff! You should watch Border Wars.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:17 PM

At some point the truth will come out as to the motive, I just dont see 2 people on jet skis that are sight seeing being any value to the "pirates". I never carry a wad of cash or cards on me when I jet ski, if anything just an ID. I suppose anything is possible, but it just seems odd.

I took photos and fished the Old Guererro Church when I was at Falcon, its one of those places you have to see in your lifetime especially if the lake is full. Until things settle down I'm not going to head deep into Mexico to see the church, but I dang sure wouldnt hesitate to fish the Salinas or anything on the US side.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:18 PM

He was a oilfield worker too I read. Probably knew the back roads to avoid the checkpoints.
Posted By: OldChamp

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:23 PM

Another question that comes to mind is why the GW would not go look for him after dark? Are they scared? Just curious, because when someone drowns around here they look ALL night!

On one of our Falcon trips last fall/spring before the pirate incidents started we ate dinner with a Zapata guide/tackle shop owner whose family has lived, fished, and guided on Falcon since it was impounded.

He told us that he does not recommend going out on Falcon after dark. That should tell us a lot.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:25 PM

My buddy got stopped for over an hour a few weeks ago pulling his 40K bass boat back north. Was that a joke? They asked him a hundred questions and did a nice little search throughout his boat.

They have those little dogs with noses that smell that stinky stuff! You should watch Border Wars.

I only live 2hrs from Amistad and have literally been through that check point over 100 times with a boat and without. I have never been stopped.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: OldChamp

On one of our Falcon trips last fall/spring before the pirate incidents started we ate dinner with a Zapata guide/tackle shop owner whose family has lived, fished, and guided on Falcon since it was impounded.

He told us that he does not recommend going out on Falcon after dark. That should tell us a lot.

Charlie told me the same thing about night fishing. That was my point, the people down there will tell you the truth about what is safe and what is not.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:31 PM

Cartels could definitely use jet skis. Definitely a motive to take a couple jet skis for their runs across.

Would be hard for me to believe two gringos went across on Falcon in broad daylight on jet skis to buy a few pounds of dope....
Posted By: brandon f.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:37 PM

Story does sound fishy, however ive seen the old church from a bass boat when the water was lower and would go back on a jet ski to see what it looked with the water this high, if that was the only water craft that I had.

Im not going to say a think about it because i don’t know the people.

Think of how his wife would feel if she came across this post. Just saying

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:37 PM

I agree Capt JR!

I say let's get off the drug deal scenerio, until some credible source comes out. This TFF CSI Unit has just gone too far! I'm amazed how everyone is calling this oil field worker a drug dealer.

Matthew 7:1-2
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you."

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:47 PM

Another thing is if in fact they were over taking photos they may have run across the wrong folks. Taking photos around the wrong folks over there is cause to get shot.

Who knows what really happened but blowing it off like it is nothing is pretty stupid.
Posted By: Lucky Al

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:51 PM

Posted By: bwhatley

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:52 PM

Wow, a man is shot and his wife is terrified out of her mind and it's their fault because they were doing some drug deal that hasn't been mentioned in any news outlet or from the Sheriff himself. Oh and since he's an oil field worker he must be some POS redneck that knows all the back roads to avoid detection from the drugs he smuggled in on a jet ski. You people are absolutely amazing.
Posted By: JimmyB830

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:52 PM

Man I sure hope I dont die while enjoying the outdoors and have it end up on the news, I would get torn apart in here!
Posted By: Tugmaster

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:55 PM

Man thats scary

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: JimmyB830
Man I sure hope I dont die while enjoying the outdoors and have it end up on the news, I would get torn apart in here!

Thanks! I feel the same way!
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 02:57 PM

Where is Rick Perry? It seems to me he needs to take action after this. Regardless of the circumstances, an American citizen has been killed in American waters by foreign pirates and not a peep out of Austin, as far as I can tell.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: HasBen
Where is Rick Perry? It seems to me he needs to take action after this. Regardless of the circumstances, an American citizen has been killed in American waters by foreign pirates and not a peep out of Austin, as far as I can tell.

FALSE!

If they were by the church then they were WELL into Mexican waters.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: bwhatley
Wow, a man is shot and his wife is terrified out of her mind and it's their fault because they were doing some drug deal that hasn't been mentioned in any news outlet or from the Sheriff himself. Oh and since he's an oil field worker he must be some POS redneck that knows all the back roads to avoid detection from the drugs he smuggled in on a jet ski. You people are absolutely amazing.

rolleyes
Posted By: Ironman65

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:09 PM

Was it even mexicans in a boat that did it? Not judging, just sayin. And before someone goes ballistic on my comment, tell me things like I'm mentioning doesn't happen all the time.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Ironman65
Was it even mexicans in a boat that did it? Not judging, just sayin. And before someone goes ballistic on my comment, tell me things like I'm mentioning doesn't happen all the time.

May have made the wrong woman mad!
Posted By: Texas Smoke

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
At some point the truth will come out as to the motive, I just dont see 2 people on jet skis that are sight seeing being any value to the "pirates".

The cartels use Jet Ski's to ferry drugs back and forth across the lake. They fill them up on the Mexican side, drive them over ot the US side and park them on the bank. Then someone on the US side comes along and empties the Jet Ski. The cartel will then come back and take the empty Jet Ski back to the Mexican side to be filled up again.

Long story short, Jet Ski's have a tremendous value to the "pirates".

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:19 PM

Well I am still going to fish Falcon. But if someone strang rolls up on me they just might have chosen the wrong boat.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer

FALSE!

If they were by the church then they were WELL into Mexican waters.

You are correct, even though the shooting occurred in Mexican waters, the reports say the woman was chased into American waters and shot at in American waters. Is that not enough to get the governor involved or is it ok to shoot Americans as long as it is in Mexican waters?
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:25 PM

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:35 PM

You are correct, even though the shooting occurred in Mexican waters, the reports say the woman was chased into American waters and shot at in American waters. Is that not enough to get the governor involved or is it ok to shoot Americans as long as it is in Mexican waters?

that's one LONG boat chase.
Posted By: FZ1

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:43 PM

New meaning to the term "Run and Gun".
Posted By: bassnleon

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN BROTHER
Posted By: firetiger

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 03:50 PM

It's a shame that there are still guys with guns on that lake. The boat that the pirates are in can take them any place on that lake.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 04:02 PM

Why isn't the Coast Guard out there???

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 04:06 PM

Coast Guard or BP can't do anythion on the MEXICO side of the lake.
Posted By: David D.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 04:15 PM

Coast Guard or BP can't do anythion on the MEXICO side of the lake.

Yep out of their hands.
Posted By: zorro

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 04:20 PM

Who cares if it's in Mexico or not. An American was shot. Forget the Coast Guard, send in some Military and condunct the investigation and look for the body.
Posted By: jigging

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 04:25 PM

A American was murdered buy some garbage pieces of $#!t in front his wife is all I see until further notice every one should keep it at that until the truth comes out if it ever does. I feel sorry for the good people of Zapata this is where the US Government needs to dry up its vagina and step in and put a end to this bull shhh. God Bless the victims and their family!!!!!!!

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Zorro
Who cares if it's in Mexico or not. An American was shot. Forget the Coast Guard, send in some Military and condunct the investigation and look for the body.

Sounds like some people need to learn how the military can and can not work. We can not invade another country without congressional approval unless its due to an act of war.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 05:14 PM

I hear you, but if the BP can shoot back into Mexico to protect themselves (which they did recently on the River, killing one of the dirt bags, and Mexico did not complain), I think the CG should be able to go over there in an emergency. Falcon lake is basically international waters and I think they should be there!!! More drastic actions have been taken by our government in the past and in more recent times!
Posted By: BrentMeister

Falcon lake pirates and shooting - 10/01/10 05:16 PM

Forgive me if this has been posted, I've been away for a couple of weeks. I just wanted to make sure folks were aware.

Posted By: bassman72

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 05:19 PM

What kind of man would take his wife to make a drug deal in mexico with killers, I don't buy the drug deal. Think they may have been in the wrong place wrong time. I'm really glad we are going to grand lake for championship this year and not falcon kind of takes the fun out when you have to look over your shoulders everytime you hear a boat coming.

Re: Falcon lake pirates and shooting - 10/01/10 05:23 PM

hmm, hadn't heard that.
Posted By: Texas Smoke

Re: Falcon lake pirates and shooting - 10/01/10 05:24 PM

Wow, had no idea ...............

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 05:25 PM

Why cant we declare war on Mexico for thier lack of ability to control their problem that is directly effecting Americans and the American economy? I think they(Mexican Gov.) are in bed with the cartels, and dont want this to stop.
Posted By: Joefishin

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 06:19 PM

What is the morbid fascination with so many that 'want' so badly for these stories to be true? They want so badly for the mexicans just to be shooting random Americans. Just use some common sense with this story, just like the one where the Cartels were gonna blow up the Falcon Dam. Seriously? Wow.......
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 06:28 PM

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 06:35 PM

Have some sympathy. The man is dead and can't defend himself. Imagine what his family is going through.

Please have respect for the family invloved. Let's not disrespect them, until we see facts and proof.
Posted By: ewskeeter

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 06:49 PM

Have some sympathy. The man is dead and can't defend himself. Imagine what his family is going through.

Please have respect for the family invloved. Let's not disrespect them, until we see facts and proof.

I agree. Nothing says drug deal to me. A guy and his WIFE go to take pictures of a church that everyone says you must see before they move back to Colorado. This does not sound like a drug dealer going to pick up a shipment of drugs on a jet ski. You would not go over there for a minor drug deal, it is to easy to get here in the states. Everyone needs to quit bashing the dead and have some respect for a woman who lost her husband and a man who lost his life. What if it was your family member. People down in Zapata are so afraid they are going to lose their only means of income that they will say anything before knowing the truth to try to keep people going down there.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
Jet ski's ??? Really ?? most are as fast as a quick boat. Something just sounds funny about it... I'm not implying anything, do you Falcon guys have a lot of jet skier's down there..

Most of the Jet Ski's are used to traffic drugs back and forth. This story sounds very weird. If I got shot and my wife left me, she better hope I don't make it back home. I was just there a week ago and fished the Mexico side, even way back in the Salado, with no problems. I think there is more to this story.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: lamoon78
Never leave home without my pistol dont matter where I go and yes I have a CHL so Im legal.

Your CHL is not legal in Mexico.
Posted By: Jay Kendrick

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Joefishin
What is the morbid fascination with so many that 'want' so badly for these stories to be true? They want so badly for the mexicans just to be shooting random Americans. Just use some common sense with this story, just like the one where the Cartels were gonna blow up the Falcon Dam. Seriously? Wow.......

Posted By: holsterguy

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
Originally Posted By: lamoon78

Your CHL is not legal in Mexico.

Neither are their automatic weapons.

Not justifying it, just sayin.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 07:28 PM

Folks, lets get away from the drug deal gone bad accusations until some information becomes available to support that theory. A man has been murdered, out of respect lets stick to the facts at hand or the entire thread will be removed.

See the story below

Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 07:30 PM

Posted By: Stumpjumper14

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 07:37 PM

Prayers for the family and the wife! Sad situation!

I personally would not go anywhere near Mexico at this time....

Check out www.blogdelnarco its the real deal. I'm not stepping foot anywhere near Mexican soil or water.....

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 07:46 PM

Right continue with wild accusations of crazed Mexican pirates just running around shooting any 'white' people that set foot on Falcon. But heaven forbid anyone speculate based on good ol fashioned common sense.....

It's ok though to make it a 'political' issue and a border issue, that's not disrespectul at all to a dead man.... crazy

Anything anyone says about this couple is disrespecful other than God bless that mans soul and may he rest in peace. But now that wouldn't make too good a thread would it?

May the victim rest in peace. Carry on......

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 07:50 PM

Well that ought to do this thread in.
Posted By: Jay Kendrick

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 08:00 PM

I think we should all learn from this thread to not ride jet skis in to mexican waters.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 08:02 PM

Right continue with wild accusations of crazed Mexican pirates just running around shooting any 'white' people that set foot on Falcon. But heaven forbid anyone speculate based on good ol fashioned common sense.....

It's ok though to make it a 'political' issue and a border issue, that's not disrespectul at all to a dead man.... crazy

Anything anyone says about this couple is disrespecful other than God bless that mans soul and may he rest in peace. But now that wouldn't make too good a thread would it?

Nice.
The real deal here is a murdered man being labeled a drug dealer with NO PROOF! Not one single ounce of proof. Politics have nothing to do with this.

Now can we just get back on track here? If you want to discuss the situation fine, do it, lets just avoid labeling the deceased as a drug dealer or druggie unless you have some facts to back it up, thats all you are being asked to do.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 08:11 PM

Nice.
The real deal here is a murdered man being labeled a drug dealer with NO PROOF! Not one single ounce of proof. Politics have nothing to do with this.

Now can we just get back on track here? If you want to discuss the situation fine, do it, lets just avoid labeling the deceased as a drug dealer or druggie unless you have some facts to back it up, thats all you are being asked to do.

Buda is right. If we can't stick to the facts, we are going to have to close this thread. A man is dead and his family is hurting. I sure hope none of them stumble across the TFF right now.
Posted By: barnez

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 08:20 PM

Folks, lets get away from the drug deal gone bad accusations until some information becomes available to support that theory. A man has been murdered, out of respect lets stick to the facts at hand or the entire thread will be removed.

Thank you

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 08:22 PM

FTR I didn't label anyone anything. Anyone can look at all the statements I've made in this thread and see what I said. I just asked people to use common sense when reading the story.

To the part you guys are quoting.... I made my comment directly to Buda about what is and isn't disrespectful... I'm sorry I disagree with you two and find many other statements to be just as disrespectful. However, that said, I will certainly respect both your wishes as moderator and owner and bow out..........
Posted By: PINESDABBER

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 08:28 PM

May have just wanted the Jet Ski, or not to get photographed.
Posted By: JPost

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 08:30 PM

It's a big lake and almost every incident has occured up north either up the Salado or around its mouth.

I'm going tomorrow. My thinking right now is staying on the main lake in the middle should be fine. I'll no doubt check with the locals.

This weather is just too awesome to battle the crowds at Choke when you can have Falcon practically all to yourself -- I just pray this stuff doesn't get too out of control. These animals have already put Sugar off of my places to go.

I kind of look at it like not going to the Riverwalk in San Antonio becuase there were some muggings. Sure I'd hate to get mugged but I'm not willing to stay locked-up in my house because of a few a-holes.
Posted By: RSK

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 09:02 PM

People ride jetskis on Caddo Lake...I think it's crazy, but they do it year round!

How can we judge what happened when neither the news nor anyone has reported anything about drugs. Amazing! Amazing!

Let's be Christians here! Would you want people to judge you after your death? I'm not an expert on Christianity, but I'm sure there is a good scripture in the bible about making judgments of the deceased!

Let's have some compassion for all those invlolved, including the town of Zapata!

I dont think that I have seen any body on here try to claim that the guy was or was not a drug dealer. People are just trying to understand why this happened, because it seems so bizarre. I was the first person to mention that something fishy might have been going on, base on rumors that I heard form local townfolk. I clearly stated that it was just the word on the street, and not the final 100% truth. I also clearly stated that it was a horrible sad thing regardless of the reasons.

I dont dont think anyone has disrespected this man at all based on the information going around. It seems like everyone is upset that it happened. I feel sorry for his family and feel sorry that he will problly get no justice! However, I do not think it is wrong for anybody to mention the assumed dangers that one takes if they partake in illegal actions. People are just trying to make sense of a horrible thing, and we are trying to save hope that the lake is sttill safe for ordinary people.

I noticeed that my initial post was taken down, so I assume that some people started debateing a little to much over its content. Sorry, that was not my intiention to get anybody upeset. I was just trying to let people know that it might still be safe for the ordinary citizen. The last couple months have been really hard on Zapatas business owners and I wanted to help defuse an issue that is likely to get huge attention and cause bigger trouble for locals.

I truely did not mean to disrespect anyones memory, or pass judgement on anyone. However, we are completely within or rigghts and human nature to try and make sense out of something that seems so crazy.

Lets just hope that this whole mess can be resolved before more people get hurt or they shut down a lake that we all love!

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 09:14 PM

Charlie put me on my personal best fishy.
Posted By: DuckBoogieman

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: JPost
I kind of look at it like not going to the Riverwalk in San Antonio becuase there were some muggings.

Getting shot in the back of the head seems to be a far cry from get mugged but I digress.

Honestly, there's simply too many fish in too many other lakes. I don't want to sound cruel, but if you go over there knowing full and well the risks associated in doing so, I don't believe the US Government should be required to spend its tax dollars or put the lives of it's law enforcement officials at risk to come rescue or recover you or your property.

I understand it's a free country.... but life's too short. Remember, the fish aren't going anywhere. They will still be there when all this blows over. A little common sense is not too much to ask.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: DuckBoogieman
I don't believe the US Government should be required to spend its tax dollars or put the lives of it's law enforcement officials at risk to come rescue or recover you or your property.

Your in a foreign country, what else would you expect?
Posted By: JPost

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 09:33 PM

I don't believe the US Government should overtly spend money but maybe the time is coming (and maybe already has) for some covert ops. I'm sure our SpecOps guys could put some hurt on these jerks -- just saying.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 09:52 PM

Prayers are lifted for ALL parties involved. I dont know the facts, I was not there, nor have I been able to research them thoroughly.

I pray the deceased may rest in peace, and his family may find comfort in their difficult time.

I pray the Town of Zapata can continue providing a wonderful fishing community for the state of Texas for MANY years to come.

I pray for ALL law enforcement on both sides of our border, that they may have strength, and guidance into doing what is Lawful, and will allow peace to return to the region.

I pray for US.. fellow TFF'ers. That we may have civil debates, see others opinion with open minds, and continue loving the sport of bass fishing. Let us respect the moderators requests, who allow us to have this open forum in which we can discuss many matters that we feel the need to discuss.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 10:08 PM

Has anyone seen anything official that the sheriff said that the victim was under investigation for anything? Until that is stated officially, I think it is irresponsible to come on here and state it as a fact. Conversation at the local coffee shop has a way of being over zealous especially when your livelihood could be affected.

This is a tragedy that calls for some type of action. The pirates followed the woman into American waters and fired at her. It is just a matter of time before something worse happens.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 10:22 PM

I say lets get those A-holes before something worse does happen!

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 10:24 PM

I can't wait until the real story comes out... Regardless prayers for all those involved

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 10:35 PM

Baylor, delete some PM's your box is full man.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 10:41 PM

Box cleared

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Baylorbassguy
I can't wait until the real story comes out... Regardless prayers for all those involved

What is the real story??? I guess your in the know???

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 11:12 PM

I think he simply meant he would like to know all the details? My pm to him was on something unrelated.

lol
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/01/10 11:43 PM

Here is an updated account of the incident!

Anyone going down there had better keep one eye out and watch your six!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_n...owFullArticle=y
Posted By: DYOLLP

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 12:09 AM

Wow - That's sad. Drug deal or not, it's dangerous down there.
Posted By: robertd2119

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 12:46 AM

Horseplay....that was a stupid comment

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 12:48 AM

May or Lord and Savior be with this family

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 12:54 AM

Prayers are lifted for ALL parties involved. I dont know the facts, I was not there, nor have I been able to research them thoroughly.

I pray the deceased may rest in peace, and his family may find comfort in their difficult time.

I pray the Town of Zapata can continue providing a wonderful fishing community for the state of Texas for MANY years to come.

I pray for ALL law enforcement on both sides of our border, that they may have strength, and guidance into doing what is Lawful, and will allow peace to return to the region.

I pray for US.. fellow TFF'ers. That we may have civil debates, see others opinion with open minds, and continue loving the sport of bass fishing. Let us respect the moderators requests, who allow us to have this open forum in which we can discuss many matters that we feel the need to discuss

Amen...

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 01:06 AM

I think he simply meant he would like to know all the details? My pm to him was on something unrelated.

lol

Thought maybe he was stowed away on one of the jet skis in question and had the inside scoop!!
Posted By: joel rich

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 01:26 AM

My mom lives down there and she says there is way more people being killed down there than we here about up here, thats not going to stop me from going down ther, i got a chl, i wonder if i can keep my AR-15 in my rod box and not get in truble, just saying! Every one heading down there be carefull and if you see another boat getting to close hall a$$!

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 01:32 AM

I cannot believe there are murders down there that are going unreported in the news. This is an international story and it is being covered by newspapers all over the country. If there are other murders of Americans being committed by Mexican drug dealers or pirates, it will be all over the wire. This is not something the locals can keep a lid on.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 01:42 AM

Local murders in other cities don't get reported nationally unless they are high profile such as what happened to the tourist down there on the jetski.

Local gang members killing each other won't get put on the national news, and then you have the fear factor where people know about certain things, but nobody steps forward, and a dead man can't talk.

Just sayin!
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: joel rich
My mom lives down there and she says there is way more people being killed down there than we here about up here, thats not going to stop me from going down ther, i got a chl, i wonder if i can keep my AR-15 in my rod box and not get in truble, just saying! Every one heading down there be carefull and if you see another boat getting to close hall a$$!
You can put it in long as you stay on the US side.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 01:51 AM

An O6 with a 3X9 scope would also be nice to have along also, and aim for the engine!
Posted By: jigging

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 02:10 AM

If I have to fish with my SKS it ain't worth it !! I was just there a few weeks back I carried my pistol the fist day but chose to leave it home the next three. If the federalies catch me with a gun I will be in their booty house for a long time and that ain't cool and I love falcon but I will be headed up to fork until we get some military over there and resolve these issues .
Posted By: Fishing for the Cure

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 02:17 AM

My thougnhs and prayers go out to the family of the deceased. Been warning about this happening.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 02:50 AM

There sure are some macho men here, 3 boats filled with guns coming at you and your going to pull an AR or pistol to defend yourself. Sounds like we'll be reading about this again in the future, and by the way if you are caught with those guns on the Mexico side by the Mexican police kiss your azz goodbye. You will have a new home in their prisons tough guys!
Posted By: Bowhunterman

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 03:40 AM

de de de de
Posted By: hawg hunter nm

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 04:11 AM

I bet if we could ask the victim he would have prefered to have a gun. Calling men who try to protect themselves, their families and innocent people tough guys is disrespectful in my opinion. I'd go out with a bang vs idk trying to talk it out any day of the week. If that makes me a "tough guy" so be it....at least I'd be in good company! As for the gun comment if the police were really out checking for guns maybe this sort of thing wouldn't have happened. This scenario sounds like the gun ban. Criminals don't abide by the law and law abiding citizens do. I'll be down at Falcon the 18th through the 25th. Charlie you have any openings? I'll dip my toe in and make sure the waters safe LOL

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 07:57 AM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
There sure are some macho men here, 3 boats filled with guns coming at you and your going to pull an AR or pistol to defend yourself. Sounds like we'll be reading about this again in the future, and by the way if you are caught with those guns on the Mexico side by the Mexican police kiss your azz goodbye. You will have a new home in their prisons tough guys!

ok, so one would b better off standing there unarmed with no chance of a defense? I guess we should just wait for the police to get there and help. Wait, they can't cross the border to help. I'm mean a fishing pole stings like hell when you are whipped with it but I wouldn't consider it a first line of defense.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 09:34 AM

This in referance to Jole Rich comment about murders down here all the time going unreported. I live here and I am on the water almost everyday. My neighbor is John Williams and his son is a State Trooper here and He knows about everything that happens here. There has not been and I will say this again NOT Any Murders down here unreported. That comment is abosulutly BS

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 10:06 AM

Me Again. This is what I know. I have been fishing Falcon for 39 years and the last Five years I have been on the water about 300 days per year average. I know of of course this murder that just took place that all the details have not came out yet. There also was reported two more incedents that happened this April. The first one was at the town of old Gurrero and these guys were on the bank taking pictures of the church. First of all it is illegal to get out of you boat and set foot on Mex soil. They were approached and asked if they had any drugs or beer. They searched their boat and the Mex were given $200 and they got in thier boat and left. The second happened to a fisherman Charlies brother Tommy also in the Salada but he was fishing more toward the mouth of the Salada and he was robbed. This Murder happened also in the Salada and the two again what I heard from good resorse is they too were at the church and had also got out on the bank. These reports have caused alot of hurt on alot of folks down here and it is unbeleivable how much the media got ahold of the two turned into I do not know how many incidents and it has hurt this town. This is a big blow to out industry so please be careful what you hear. It will take time but more facts will come out. Tommy B. at Falcon Lake Tackle and I learned our lesson about giving an interview to Fox news earlier this year. We are still not happy how they took what we said out of contex mad it Look bad. I really feel For the Family this has happened to. 39 years on Falcon Two incidents in April and one Murder in Sept and that is all that I have heard or know about.
Posted By: MtnHm203

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 10:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Zorro

Sounds like some people need to learn how the military can and can not work. We can not invade another country without congressional approval unless its due to an act of war.

LOL, tell that to the Pakistanies - LMAO, tell that to the Cambodians, LOL

Did congress declare war on Iraq? - - - -
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 12:14 PM

Sounds like it is crazy down there. Maybe we need to impose some military action there.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By: hawg hunter nm
I bet if we could ask the victim he would have prefered to have a gun. Calling men who try to protect themselves, their families and innocent people tough guys is disrespectful in my opinion. I'd go out with a bang vs idk trying to talk it out any day of the week. If that makes me a "tough guy" so be it....at least I'd be in good company! As for the gun comment if the police were really out checking for guns maybe this sort of thing wouldn't have happened. This scenario sounds like the gun ban. Criminals don't abide by the law and law abiding citizens do.

Here's a thought to you and Adam P. How about now that this has happened and it is real, do not go over to the Mexican side!!! This did not happen near the main lake or the U.S. side. If you two geniuses didn't know it the drug cartels are killing people every day! So you two are so tough you are going to whip out a gun instead of trying to flee, with 3 boats filled with guns, yeah right! I can tell you this, you guys are a lot tougher on the computer than you'd be in that situation. Have you ever even been to Falcon? I feel for the businesses but that is what the media does, spin everything to look as bad as possible. Mexico does not care about you so why even risk the chance of something happening?

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 12:54 PM

So far I haven't seen the media spin this one...

Everything I have read is a an American was shot while on Falcon on the Mexico side...

Intel bulletins say the same thing.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 01:10 PM

I have a few openings. Call me. I don't know what happened for sure but I smell a rat. This is all based on what the girl says. Why can't we produce a body? Why does the media assume he is dead and if he is why is he still floating?
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 01:16 PM

Charlie...thanks for the updates and for keeping perspective here.

I knew there was something fishy about this from the time I ready the story. Really, jet ski on Falcon...really!
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 01:39 PM

Buda, I think you may have gotten a little trigger happy when deleteing my post.Please read it next time before you accuse me of connecting this to a drug deal as I did exactly the OPPOSITE !
This, as I explained,did not have any of the normal signs of a drug deal!!

Thanks,

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 01:50 PM

It will be a miracle to find that body if he is in fact dead. Those boys wouldn't leave a gringo floating I don't believe.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 02:01 PM

sure would make a good insurance claim. Nope cant go get the body
Posted By: GO WACKY

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 02:24 PM

I regret that my initial response was to think the victim was somehow involved. I don't believe that now. I think now this was just the gang/druggie mentality coupled with the security that they don't believe they will get caught. however, I worked in Houston for 30 yrs and random violence was a daily occurence there. I'm still going to fish Falcon just as I continued to work in Houston. I'm not stupid enough to take a gun with me either. I will however avoid anyone I see on the lake that has a hint of not being there for the same reason I am.

Re: Couple shot on Falcon - 10/02/10 02:53 PM

I would like to know the truth. It may never come out. There is so many theories out there. But the only one that was there that we know of was the girl. So for now the truth is whatever she says. I hope it all comes out in the wash.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum