Texas Fishing Forum

Power or Finesse ?

Posted By: Steve187 (A.K.A. GETFISHED )

Power or Finesse ? - 07/17/10 11:22 PM

How do you decide ? Do you start with one and then switch to the other? How long does it take you to make the determination ? Do you second guess the choice or have full confidence in the decision ?

I have a small club TX tomorrow on a lake which I won the club TX two years ago. Two 1/2 weeks ago the lake was 6-7 foot high. One week ago it had been lowered to 2 1/2 foot high. Today it is 1 1/2 foot high. I have fished the lake twice in the last 10 days for about 5 hrs each time. The first time the lake was 6 foot high and I only caught one 17" fish in a spot which is dry land now. The other 5 hr. trip I drew a complete blank ! I am not on any fish. Should I use both approaches or stick to one or the other?

Posted By: senko9S

Re: Power or Finesse ? - 07/17/10 11:33 PM

both
Posted By: bassing1

Re: Power or Finesse ? - 07/17/10 11:36 PM

I like to start power fishing and if that doesn't work then pick up the spinning rod
Posted By: coyotebass

Re: Power or Finesse ? - 07/17/10 11:38 PM

I would say both. If im blanked Ill go find some "fishy" water and start out with some ground covering locator baits- crankbaits, rattletraps, etc. if i get them to answer and the quality is good Im gonna stick with it. If I get 1 or so but I truly think they are there I will slow it down. depends on the water on what I use- varies between jigs, worms, chatterbaits, swimbaits, shakyheads, etc. If Im still blanked, I personally, will slow it down, go small and go easy- shakyheads, dropshots, crig.
Posted By: its a fluke

Re: Power or Finesse ? - 07/18/10 12:02 AM

power, like to try and make em bite whether they want to or not
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Power or Finesse ? - 07/18/10 12:04 AM

Slow down with wacky if the don't chase.
Posted By: TIM CLINE

Re: Power or Finesse ? - 07/18/10 12:24 AM

Do not know what lake your fishing. But cover water regaurdless of bait. When water is dropping fish are on the move and you should be as well.
Posted By: rb2

Re: Power or Finesse ? - 07/18/10 03:41 AM

I like finesse with a wacky rig.
Posted By: FZ1

Re: Power or Finesse ? - 07/18/10 03:53 AM

Fish your strengths when you are unsure. When in Doubt;Pitch it Out.
Posted By: gitthanet

Re: Power or Finesse ? - 07/18/10 06:30 AM

1 - 2 punch works for me... or 1-2-3-4-...punch. Remember your success, duplicate, use your gut. If they aren't biting, you have two choices, either move or change.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum