Texas Fishing Forum

Granbury

Posted By: Team Skeeter 41

Granbury - 04/17/10 07:45 PM

I have fished Granbury all of my life and know how to catch fish there, but for the last few weeks it has been bad tough for me. I fish there about three days a week, so I stay on top of what the fish are doing there. I did see some signs yesterday that it is fixing to get good in a week or so. Is anybody else been struggling out there lately? I have seen some people on here saying that they are catching them, but I am sure lost as to how they are doing it lately.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Granbury - 04/17/10 09:01 PM

Caught a few yesterday.. Only fished Rock Harbor and Indian Harbor.. Buddy of mine caught some in port riglea..He was throwing a spinnerbait and I caught most of mine on a crank or blue fleck powerworm..It did seem to be slower yesterday than it has been in previous weeks though..
Posted By: Zach412

Re: Granbury - 04/17/10 09:17 PM

They were on beds on most of the lake last week, caught some good ones on flukes.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Granbury - 04/17/10 09:44 PM

I've been killing them between 377 and 51 bridge.best I seen it in a few years
Posted By: Zach412

Re: Granbury - 04/17/10 09:47 PM

lots of small fish down that direction lol thumb
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Granbury - 04/17/10 09:48 PM

I've been catching solid fish
Posted By: Lannie Robertson

Re: Granbury - 04/17/10 09:54 PM

I fished the river last sat,lot of dead fish,no bites.Fished the lake sun (tourney)one keeper.It only taken 5 pounds to win the tourney.It was tough to catch keepers.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Granbury - 04/17/10 11:59 PM

Ya, I fished up the river last week and although the "fish kill" is reportedly on Whitney and PK, there was way too many dead fish up around the Tin Top area. Mostly Carp but I doubt they died of natural causes.
Posted By: Lannie Robertson

Re: Granbury - 04/18/10 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Ya, I fished up the river last week and although the "fish kill" is reportedly on Whitney and PK, there was way too many dead fish up around the Tin Top area. Mostly Carp but I doubt they died of natural causes.

I saw crappie,carp,catfish,sand bass a couple LMB,and gar.I saw several crappie,just flippin on there sides about to die.

Re: Granbury - 04/18/10 12:31 AM

Well Granbury is a victim of golden algea..It was only a matter of time since pk has been hit so hard..If Granbury has a massive kill off I will move to east tx.. Supposedly it took Granbury almost 10 years to bounce back from the last outbreak..

Re: Granbury - 04/18/10 03:27 AM

Well, I have been thinking that it had to be something with the GA even though I didn't want to say it. I know how the fish on Granbury act in the post spawn this time year and they have not been in the usual areas I find them. I have fished the river and the upper end several times and have done terrible up there. I thought the water looked really bad and I guess I was right. What few I have been catching has been in the mid lake area. I was pretty sure that the fishing had dropped way off since that I have been watching the weights of the Wednesday night tournament steadily drop off.
As far as the GA goes I always heard that it died off after the water warmed into the low 50's. With the water in the low 70's now I don't understand why it's still a problem.
Cborden, I am like you if Granbury get's hit hard again I don't know where I will fish then. I guess I will making alot more trips to Hubbard Creek than I already do. What a same too, the fishing at Granbury had gotten really good the last couple of years.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Granbury - 04/18/10 04:09 AM

Someone needs to put a power plant on PK and run it during the winter. If they could keep the water above 50 degrees the stuff would not bloom.

Re: Granbury - 04/18/10 12:05 PM

Lol if you start running to Hubbard all the time let me know and I will tag along.That lake has some pretty good fishing..

Re: Granbury - 04/18/10 05:44 PM

Yes it does. I caught my first 10 pounder up there last year.

Re: Granbury - 04/19/10 12:46 AM

I am from Breckenridge and have fished that lake for years..Since moving to Granbury I have pretty much stopped..We go back atleast once a year to stay the weekend and fish..Granbury has really come around this year though..Maybe its me getting more familiar with the lake but I have caught some really nice fish so far this year and havent even hit the log jams yet..

Re: Granbury - 04/19/10 12:48 AM

Tough going today though with the lake rising like it did.. Caught a couple bucks in the short time I was out between 377 and business 377..

Re: Granbury - 04/19/10 03:13 AM

With the river up like it is now it will be a while before Granbury get's back to normal.
Posted By: Kyle_N07

Re: Granbury - 04/19/10 02:08 PM

True that Cborden...I have had a great year fishing Granbury and most if not all have come from fishing from the bank...
Posted By: 09Skeeter21i

Re: Granbury - 04/19/10 03:11 PM

Is the Wend. tournament still on? If so have you seen all the floaters in the water? Looking forward to the tournament, just be careful guys.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Granbury - 04/19/10 03:12 PM

Ya tournys on wed are on. I would be there
now but apparently the batteries
didnt charge. Good thing
i checked...
Posted By: 09Skeeter21i

Re: Granbury - 04/19/10 03:15 PM

It is going to be tough!!
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Granbury - 04/19/10 03:19 PM

ya but im off werk an cant say no :|