Texas Fishing Forum

FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series"

Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/28/09 09:57 PM

The Stren is now called the American Fishing Series...FYI.

News to me! Carry on......
Posted By: J C Outdoors

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/28/09 10:04 PM

Also noticed the 1st place payout on the co-angler is no longer a boat but will be $10,000.

Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/28/09 10:07 PM

Did they lose Stren as a sponsor?
Posted By: The Hag

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/28/09 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: J C Outdoors
Also noticed the 1st place payout on the co-angler is no longer a boat but will be $10,000.

Yes, Pure Fishing owns Stren and backed out this year.

Sure am glad I won that trophy at the last Stren on Toledo Bend. Looks like those were the last of them to say FLW Stren.
Posted By: Chris Vickers

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/28/09 10:19 PM

I guess its better than having nothing at all

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/28/09 10:20 PM

I tried to get in on the Falcon tournament today as a co-angler. No can do. They have a full field of 150 pros and cos and about 20 on the sideline on the pro side and about 60 on the sideline as co anglers.
May have to try Rayburn or look at the BASS Opens.
Just wanted to get out from behind the sink and fish a little this year. LOL

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/28/09 10:28 PM

look at the BASS Opens.

I know they need coanglers in the Opens.

BAD thing is everyone at BASS is on vacation until next week sometime.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/28/09 10:49 PM

thanx for the update
Posted By: Gingerbread Man

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/29/09 02:34 PM

I tried to get in on the Falcon tournament today as a co-angler. No can do. They have a full field of 150 pros and cos and about 20 on the sideline on the pro side and about 60 on the sideline as co anglers.

Since they had over 200 boats last year at Falcon, I'm surprised there are only 20 boaters on the waiting list............I would have thought there would be more.
I guess I still don't understand why they wouldn't allow an additional 20 boats in if they have them..........heck, at the last tournament of the year at Toledo Bend they were crying for boaters and even had to turn away "confirmed" co-anglers.
Posted By: scott bellamy

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/29/09 04:07 PM

CALLED MON. TO SIGN UP FOR RAYBURN AND THERE IS NO LINKING AFTER 12-16-09,I'M ON A WAITING LIST . THEY HAVE CUT THE FIELD TO 150 FROM 200 LAST YEAR.THIS WILL BE MY 1ST STREN .
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/29/09 05:14 PM

who's gonna let you out on a boat again? haha just kiddin Mark
Posted By: jwallbassin

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/29/09 06:21 PM

I would think they would let the other 20 boaters in. I know BASS has something like they will allow up to 20% over full field.
Posted By: Shank 1

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/29/09 09:20 PM

I know where is the business aptitude. I'm 16 on the boater wait list why would they not go ahead and add the additional boaters they have enough to increase the field to 170 total boats? Why would you leave $ 23,500 on the table? And you wonder why the fishing business is in peril. They sited insurance reasons as the problem. Thats BS I write Ins policies on this type of risk everyday.

As Ron White would say.. You can't fix stupid!
Posted By: Texas Smoke

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/29/09 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Shank 1
I know where is the business aptitude. I'm 16 on the boater wait list why would they not go ahead and add the additional boaters they have enough to increase the field to 170 total boats? Why would you leave $ 23,500 on the table? And you wonder why the fishing business is in peril. They sited insurance reasons as the problem. Thats BS I write Ins policies on this type of risk everyday.

As Ron White would say.. You can't fix stupid!

You fellas need to think a little harder about this and then you'll see the business reasons. You're strictly looking at the surface of things with your current line of thought.

Think hard now. If the field is limited and they're turning you away, don't you think that you might want to try and guarantee your spot in the field for next year ???? So how is the best way to do that ??? Hummmmmmmmmmmmm. Well, if you finish in the Top 40 of the BFL's, you get a chance to enter earlier. Hummmmmmmmmmm. The BFL's entries have been sliding latley. Hummmmmmmmm, what would be a good way to get these BFL entry numbers up ??? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Now does it make a little more sense ?

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/29/09 10:00 PM

Good point Texas Smoke.

I qualified years ago in the BFL...turned around the next year and signed up for the Stren....only to see a TON of people who didn't even fish the BFLs the year before. MAN, was I upset!

Posted By: Shank 1

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/29/09 10:32 PM

Hummmmmm why are the BFL entries sliding????? No it doesnt make even a little more sense. I'm not looking at the surface I'm looking at the business aspect.. Its a business.. Sponsor support is lagging tourn entries are down. Taking more entries to a point only help everyone involved.. I would not be saying this if the tourn entry limit was not moved from 200 to 150?
Posted By: Todd Castledine

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/29/09 10:35 PM

You could also look at it this way 250 people fish the first one 95 fish the last one. I know I get tired of fishing against a slecet few cause they don't want to fish all of them. Maybe this way to secure a spot you fish all of the events to get priority for next year. Guys bail out all the time it hurts them and the guys fishing the tournaments. Maybe this will cause guys to fish them all, remember if we create a want they will fullfill it.

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/29/09 10:36 PM

Sponsor support is lagging tourn entries are down.

I think the economy has to do more with that. I know I'm hurting!

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/29/09 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd Castledine - Rayburn Guide
Guys bail out all the time it hurts them and the guys fishing the tournaments. Maybe this will cause guys to fish them all

Excellent point. If I'm IN, you can count me in all year.

I think having 3 tournaments will help the overall drop out numbers towards the end of season. At least I hope so.
Posted By: Texas Smoke

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/29/09 10:46 PM

Hummmmmm why are the BFL entries sliding????? No it doesnt make even a little more sense. I'm not looking at the surface I'm looking at the business aspect.. Its a business.. Sponsor support is lagging tourn entries are down. Taking more entries to a point only help everyone involved.. I would not be saying this if the tourn entry limit was not moved from 200 to 150?

I don't follow you.

Sorry you don't get it but that is the deal. Straight from Kentucky.

Re: FLW Stren - Now called "American Fishing Series" - 12/30/09 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Evan O'Brien

who's gonna let you out on a boat again? haha just kiddin Mark

Obviously no one on Falcon the field is full. I am co angler 10 on the waiting list at Rayburn, #1 on the waiting list for Toledo Bend.

Any more lip and I will make you take me fishing. LOL
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum