Texas Fishing Forum

Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in

Posted By: Texcwby

Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 07:12 AM

Since I am sure none have been weighed by themselves how long were they will work too.

I was talking with a friend today tring to get an understanding of slot rules. I used the example of a 7" bass was legal to turn in. I told him that I would have a hard time putting it in the livewell to turn in. He told me of a story were he caught an 8" and put it back thinking he would catch something bigger for a 5th fish and ended up losing the tournament by a quarter of a pound.

I have only fished 1 tournament so far and have only turned in 1 fish to weigh in. 5.05lbs
Posted By: Brandon A

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 07:15 AM

if u fish a slot lake, then u have to keep all thos 8inchers!! the biggest u can keep is usually 14 and then u get usually oneover 21,22, or 24 depending on the lake. so if i had to, id weigh in a 6in bass lol imean they are all gonna go back in the water any way.
Posted By: Rick Paradis

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 07:18 AM

I have had 5 fish limit on Bridgeport that didnt equal 5 pounds smile
Posted By: TTU33

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 07:24 AM

I was out of the running for the big string one time so weighed in a 14.5" fish that weighed 0.86 lbs trying to win a small fish side pot. Got beat by a 0.83 lb fish.
Posted By: gitthanet

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 09:16 AM

I weighed 4 spots and 1 keeper lmb that went 3.8 I must have had a couple of 3-4 ozers
Posted By: spiderman15

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 09:36 AM

J.C. Outdoors earlier this year. 0.17. Hey he finished out my limit.
Posted By: Leep5904

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 01:57 PM

Once on Fork weighed in a .8 for a club tourney. They then listed it a 1 lb for the record.
Posted By: Brian Muirhead

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 03:24 PM

I went to the weigh in once with one 14in fish in a working mans tournament on Proctor and won the whole tournament, big fish and big stringer.
Posted By: Mark Steen

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 03:41 PM

.46, but it moved me up about 10 spots and helped in the final standings.
Posted By: J.Mays97

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: LegendRick
I have had 5 fish limit on Bridgeport that didnt equal 5 pounds smile

Been there and done that.
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 04:38 PM

Weighed in a small fish on Lake Fork during Elliots Electric Tourney it weighed .75 lost out to a .34... Sad day indead. LOL

Jody

PS.. I caught mine in the splash well when I came off pad.. LOL Don't know how the guy that beat me out caught his.
Posted By: TexasPescado

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 05:49 PM

Fishin a small waters tournament on Mill Creek we used to have 2 weigh-ins per tourney (1 at noon and the final one at 3pm) and I was in 2nd place by less than an ounce after the first. I caught a tiny bass (couldn't have been more than 7") in the second round. I almost threw it back bacause it was my only one, but thought "what the heck" and I threw it in the box. When I got to weigh-in I didn't feel like getting my weigh-in bag wet so I took the zip-lock bag my sandwich I ate for lunch came out of. I filled it up with water and threw that little fish in and took it up to weigh it. Ended up winning the tournament by a couple of ounces because nobody else caught anything in the 2nd round!
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 06:16 PM

i've weighed in some dinks, but i know i've put more than one 4" fish on a cull tag
Posted By: stratosman201

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 07:39 PM

Once caught a fish on Fork so small that it swam through the hose connecting the livewells. Caught it on a tail spinner...had to be 2-3 inches long. Didn't have enough weight to be in the money, so I never weighed it. However, we all have seen when .02-.20 can be the difference between places. Not sure if my 1 oz. tailspinner outweighed him or not.
Posted By: Tejasbasshunter

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 09:10 PM

One of Red Rangers finest

Posted By: lonechevy

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 09:32 PM

Weighed in a limit on fork that went in at 3.78 5 Fish/ thought I lost a fish but figured out that the little bugger swam through the divider in the live well. First Place
Posted By: coachmatt

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 10:20 PM

.71 lbs
Posted By: Rolo

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/12/09 10:31 PM

HAD A LIMIT THAT WENT 4.72!
Posted By: Gary Ables

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/13/09 06:21 AM

Weighed in a 5 fish limit at Cedar Creek that was 7lbs. even-all over 14"
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/13/09 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Gary Ables
Weighed in a 5 fish limit at Cedar Creek that was 7lbs. even-all over 14"

I was his partner that day it was a pitiful limit to say the least.

We also weighted in once at Eagle Mountain with our fish in a zip lock bag during Kings of Cowtown that was worth the price of the entry fee for the laughs we got that day....
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Whats the smallest fish you have weighed in - 12/13/09 04:06 PM

buddies dads fished at Ivie in a tourney, weighed in .09... weighed it in a a sandwich baggie... lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum