Texas Fishing Forum

Uncle Ed's Lizards

Posted By: ryanl

Uncle Ed's Lizards - 11/20/09 06:45 PM

Back in the 1990's I caught a lot of fish on a Uncle Ed's Lizard They don't make them anymore. Does anyone have any or know where I could get them.
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 11/20/09 08:59 PM

Hand Poured Lizards - Uncle Ed's

under brand it says uncle ed's.. hope this helps
Posted By: Leeroy

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 11/20/09 09:42 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think those are the ones he's talking about. These lizards had a straight tail almost like a snake.

I still have some in black/blue and watermelon/pumpkin
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 11/20/09 11:32 PM

they're probably not.. i just did a quick search and to see what i could find
Posted By: squeeky

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 11/21/09 12:45 AM

ryan the molds were sold and melted down which you know what that means.. good luck finding any...i might just know someone that might have a few hundred left i'll check on that next week
Posted By: RipX21

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 11/21/09 01:24 AM

Ryan, I have 19 of the 9 inch ones, watermellon black flake and punkinseed. If you don't locate any, you can have these few.

My fishing partner at Fork may have some left. We caught the fire out of big fish on them in early 90's at night on Fork. I think we may have started the Uncle Ed rage down there. On full moon June 93, we caught 35 over 5 on them. With the straight tail, they went thru the moss good.

Posted By: river bass guy

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 11/23/09 04:00 AM

I got some from Gordon at RC Tackle last spring. He said he was closing them out, but he may still have some. Best bet is to give him a call (563) 370-4686.
Posted By: Anglers Lodge

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 11/23/09 06:49 AM

Send some to me and I can probably make a mold for ya !
Posted By: ryanl

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 11/23/09 02:07 PM

Hey guys my number is 903-744-0709 I would buy any that you have. and yes they are the ones with the straight tails. I would take the 9" or any 6" anyone has they don't want. Thanks guys
Posted By: Beer980

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 12/11/09 05:15 PM

I am just starting to pour plastic and I would like to buy one of those 9" & 6" ones or work out a swap if you like. I have someone who gave me a 6" in fair shape to try and make a mold out of. He really liked them when they were available and wants some more. I can paypal you for the shipping and bait or send you some hand poured back for the worms you sent me.
Posted By: snickers

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 12/11/09 06:33 PM

I have a fifty I am taking to Falcon with me. I found them from back in the Rayburn days. Mine are watermelon They should work good thear
Posted By: RedBarn

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 12/11/09 06:54 PM

Does anyone have a photo of these lizards?
Posted By: tmcdet

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 12/11/09 07:56 PM

didn't East Tx Sonar buy Uncle Ed's out?
Posted By: snickers

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 12/11/09 08:05 PM

I dont have a picture ! Be more than happy to give you a few
Posted By: DuckBoogieman

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 12/12/09 03:32 AM

Someone needs to post a pic!!!

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 12/12/09 04:45 AM

I can post a picture on Saturday morning but I really would like to work out a deal for a 9" & 6" one to make some molds. If anyone is going to the TFF Christmas party on Saturday, bring a couple for me please, I will be there. Not sure what made them special back in the day. Maybe it is the rat like tail or the way the legs are at right angles with four toes on each one.

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 12/12/09 03:19 PM

Here is the 6" one.

Posted By: Howard@E2

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 12/12/09 04:02 PM

I will try to post a pic when I return from the benefit tournament. I one of have both sizes. That mold is still in existence also. The 6" is actually closer to 5" and the big one is ~ 9".
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 12/12/09 04:11 PM

i still have about a 35 of the 9 inch and 20 of the 6 inch,,,the are a great bait,,i bought 500 each back when they were sold at the bass house,,,great baits ,,i only use them in the spring
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 12/12/09 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruce's Guide Service
i still have about a 35 of the 9 inch and 20 of the 6 inch,,,the are a great bait,,i bought 500 each back when they were sold at the bass house,,,great baits ,,i only use them in the spring

that brings back memories...the bass house in lake dallas
Posted By: dallas scott

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 04/14/18 10:48 AM

my friend give one Uncle Ed's Lizards and my has a cnc and is a good programmer i am going to send the lizard i have and get molds made the one i have is about 7 in i will get a single cavity in a few weeks if it injects right then he will make it to a four or 6 cavity mold he told some good stories on the over 10lbs he landed on this one
Posted By: dallas scott

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 04/14/18 11:28 AM

Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 04/14/18 08:31 PM

You sure knocked the dust off of this thread.
Posted By: SMlakefork

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 03/20/23 03:00 PM

Did your buddy ever get any molds made?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 03/20/23 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by SMlakefork
Did your buddy ever get any molds made?

….and more dust.
Posted By: SMlakefork

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 03/20/23 09:00 PM

Found 6 in an old tackle box...been hammering 'em on the beds at Fork the last couple of days...
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 03/21/23 11:06 PM

Kinda look like a biffle o lizard
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 03/21/23 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Kinda look like a biffle o lizard

Yep, I bought a bunch of them and they suck.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 03/21/23 11:25 PM

I had 1 pack of them and never caught a fish until my last bait and it was a 7lber, so I was puzzled whether the biffle o sucks or is a toad snatcher
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 03/22/23 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
I had 1 pack of them and never caught a fish until my last bait and it was a 7lber, so I was puzzled whether the biffle o sucks or is a toad snatcher

Probably a toad snatcher, for places like Ivie and Fork.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Uncle Ed's Lizards - 03/22/23 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by dallas scott
my friend give one Uncle Ed's Lizards and my has a cnc and is a good programmer i am going to send the lizard i have and get molds made the one i have is about 7 in i will get a single cavity in a few weeks if it injects right then he will make it to a four or 6 cavity mold he told some good stories on the over 10lbs he landed on this one

Vince Young, is that you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum