Texas Fishing Forum

Anybody remember Woo Daves winning with a spincaster?

Posted By: The Natural

Anybody remember Woo Daves winning with a spincaster? - 08/13/09 07:21 AM

When I was younger (12-14), I watched 'The Bassmasters' religiously (along with Hank Parker, Orlando Wilson, and Bill Dance). I taped every fishing show for years....I still have about 100 tapes. I used to watch them over and over. Anyhow, I was cleaning up my storage unit and put the old fishing shows on VHS in a new container. The one that caught my eye was Woo Daves winning on the Mississippi river flippin' with a Zebco 404. Anyone remember this? He was flipping heavy bushes; you couldn't flip or pitch where he was putting his rod. He would maneuver his rod through a massive tangle of bushes, and then just press the button on his spincaster to drop his 6" curl tail worm. He credited the spincaster with the win, and said other anglers couldn't get their baits that far back in the brush. Greatness....
Posted By: Bazztex

Re: Anybody remember Woo Daves winning with a spincaster? - 08/13/09 07:37 AM

Yep I remember that .. it was a hoot that a Zebco Spincaster won in BASS! cheers
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Anybody remember Woo Daves winning with a spincaster? - 08/13/09 12:26 PM

I remember it being a Zebco 808 though.

Do you think he used GPS coordinates to find that spot smile

Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Anybody remember Woo Daves winning with a spincaster? - 08/13/09 01:12 PM

I have about 50 of those old VCR tapes myself. One of these days I would like to have them put on CD's. Love to go back and watch those shows back when Clunn was young and wearing an old Skeeter cap.
Posted By: LvilleLrat

Re: Anybody remember Woo Daves winning with a spincaster? - 08/13/09 01:24 PM

I had the opportunity to fish with Woo in a pro-am event on the James River in Va. I remeber him having 4 Zebco 808 on the deck and 4 out of the 5 keepers came from him doing the same thing he did on the Mississippi. He told me that after he got his 5 he would position for me to catch mine. He would run to several different trees and laydowns make 4 or 5 cast and then move. It took him about an hour to get his limit and then I got mine. he then culled 3 fish after that. One of the best pro's I have ever been in the boat with.
Posted By: EightandChange

Re: Anybody remember Woo Daves winning with a spincaster? - 08/13/09 03:01 PM

Woo Daves is a cool cat. I saw a documentary about him on vs. He is a hunter at heart. He has a pack 100+ Beagles to hunt rabbits. He told the reporter the reason he fishes is so he can afford his dogs. He named the majority after food. LOL
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Anybody remember Woo Daves winning with a spincaster? - 08/14/09 05:19 AM

Yes, I remember when he did that. Of course I am older than dirt.
Posted By: cbump

Re: Anybody remember Woo Daves winning with a spincaster? - 08/14/09 09:27 AM

I don't remember but that is pretty cool!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum