Texas Fishing Forum

101 degrees on Fork Saturday; Fishing was GREAT!!!

Posted By: GPS

101 degrees on Fork Saturday; Fishing was GREAT!!! - 07/13/09 03:54 AM

So my brother calls me Friday and asked me if I wanted to go on a guided trip Saturday afternoon, he never fishes in the afternoon this late in the summer. We went and fished with Jason Hoffman. This was my first time with Jason, it will not be the last he is a very good guide. Jason number is 903-456-3691.

Jason worked with my brother and me on fishing deep water areas in the heat of summer. We put 13 in the boat the smallest was 3 pounds the biggest in the boat was a solid 7 we probably averaged 5 pounds per fish. Every fish came off of a jig. I lost a monster at the boat! Great day, gainned confidence on fishing deep water and staying with it! This was a typical fish we landed. My brother has better pictures, I'll post them as soon as he emails them to me.

Posted By: J C Outdoors

Re: 101 degrees on Fork Saturday; Fishing was GREAT!!! - 07/13/09 04:21 AM

Congrats on a great day with a quality guide. Jason is good people. Losing them biggun is tough but thats what makes you wanna go back, sooner or later the odds tilt in your favor and you get that biggun in the net.
Posted By: dietdrpepper

Re: 101 degrees on Fork Saturday; Fishing was GREAT!!! - 07/13/09 04:54 AM

how deep?
Posted By: GPS

Re: 101 degrees on Fork Saturday; Fishing was GREAT!!! - 07/13/09 05:00 AM

15 - 20 feet
Posted By: JPeel

Re: 101 degrees on Fork Saturday; Fishing was GREAT!!! - 07/13/09 11:10 AM

Yep, Jason is a great guide.
Posted By: bigtexnick

Re: 101 degrees on Fork Saturday; Fishing was GREAT!!! - 07/13/09 01:02 PM

yeah fishing deep can be very productive.

congrats on a great trip.
Posted By: Jason Hoffman -- Lake Fork Guide

Re: 101 degrees on Fork Saturday; Fishing was GREAT!!! - 07/14/09 12:24 AM

Thanks for the kind words Greg. I really enjoyed having you and Larry and I'm looking forward to next time.

Here are a few more pics for your trip. If anyone is interested in braving the heat to catch some big fish on Lake Fork, I've got openings this Thursday and Friday, July 16 and 17, and few other open dates later in July as well.

Thanks again,
Jason

Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: 101 degrees on Fork Saturday; Fishing was GREAT!!! - 07/14/09 02:14 AM

Nice fish! Catch all them green trashfish off that last spot! They get in the way of my crappies when I fish there... cheers
Posted By: Nicky P

Re: 101 degrees on Fork Saturday; Fishing was GREAT!!! - 07/14/09 02:37 AM

Mmmmm.... I think those spots look familiar. A jig huh? What size and color? I might get out there Thursday, what kind of boat does Jason fish? Want to make sure not to get in his way
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: 101 degrees on Fork Saturday; Fishing was GREAT!!! - 07/14/09 05:04 AM

21i class skeeter i believe
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum