Texas Fishing Forum

RIP

Posted By: Douglas J

RIP - 04/02/24 04:21 AM

I heard over the weekend that the fishing community lost a great angler and even a better man. Steve Hope has been around bass fishing in Texas for many years. I met Steve 12 or so years ago, he and my fishing partner were best friends. Steve always treated me like a long time friend and always extended an invitation to stay at his place at Fork .

Him and my old partner actually won the Mad Dog Moore last fall. That means even more now then it meant then. Steve was a very successful angler not only locally, but
everywhere he fished. I am grateful to have known Steve and grateful for all the hospitality he and his family extended to me and I am sure many others are grateful as well. During the pro tournaments at Fork there were always a group of pro anglers staying at his place. It was always a busy spot on all the big tournament weeks and weekends.

That was a call I did not expect on Sunday.

To his wife, children, grandchildren and all the knew him I am truly sorry for the loss.

RIP buddy angel2
Posted By: JackMason

Re: RIP - 04/02/24 04:24 AM

Sorry to hear. RIP angel2
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: RIP - 04/02/24 12:41 PM

God Bless the Hope family. Prayers sent for comfort.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: RIP - 04/02/24 01:21 PM

angel2 RIP Mr. Hope
Posted By: RCarter

Re: RIP - 04/02/24 01:23 PM

RIP
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: RIP - 04/02/24 01:34 PM

angel2... Dan
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: RIP - 04/02/24 09:07 PM

RIP

Prayers for family and friends
Posted By: Clearwater7

Re: RIP - 04/02/24 10:22 PM

RIP
Posted By: Stompy

Re: RIP - 04/02/24 10:29 PM

I also knew Steve, good guy and good fishermen. Prayers to Philip, Rob and the whole family.
Posted By: pop r

Re: RIP - 04/03/24 10:26 PM

RIP angel2
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: RIP - 04/05/24 12:46 AM

He was actually fighting a fish when he passed. Never heard that before. RD Campbell was his partner that day on Tawokoni, bad situation for him also. He had known Steve 50 something years. They grew up in Hutchins. He was my fishing partner for the last 7-8 years. We fished at least 3 times a week since both of us retired. Large void to say the least. RIP buddy, we'll meet again.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: RIP - 04/05/24 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
RIP

Prayers for family and friends

Amen! angel2
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: RIP - 04/05/24 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by HARD WORKN HAROLD
He was actually fighting a fish when he passed. Never heard that before. RD Campbell was his partner that day on Tawokoni, bad situation for him also. He had known Steve 50 something years. They grew up in Hutchins. He was my fishing partner for the last 7-8 years. We fished at least 3 times a week since both of us retired. Large void to say the least. RIP buddy, we'll meet again.

This is true. When they pulled him into the boat he still had the rod & reel and a 4 pound bass on his line. I did not know Steve but when I go I hope I go with a fishin pole in my hands.

Prayers to the family.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: RIP - 04/05/24 04:35 PM

Sorry to hear.. May God give comfort to the family and friend that will miss him.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: RIP - 04/05/24 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Originally Posted by HARD WORKN HAROLD

This is true. When they pulled him into the boat he still had the rod & reel and a 4 pound bass on his line. I did not know Steve but when I go I hope I go with a fishin pole in my hands.

Prayers to the family.

Ken you would have loved Steve, he could tell a story and shoot the [censored] with the best of them. Being self made as well, he was extremely intelligent and just an all around good guy.

Brett and I were saying the exact thing, when he called and told me, that Steve would have not wanted to go any other way.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum