Texas Fishing Forum

Worm storage box ideas

Posted By: hobgood12

Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 01:49 AM

I’m looking for a better way to store my plastic worms. I’ve got the Bass Mafia money bags and they are ok but I’m looking for boxes similar to crank baits boxes with the latches. I’d like the box to be about three inches deep so I can lay my worms in their packaging flat…..I don’t want to remove them from the packaging and just lay them in a storage box and neatly stack them in my rear compartments. Anyone know of where to get something like this? Tackle warehouse didn’t have these. Thanks.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 01:51 AM

You can get a Plano 3700 like that, I have one and hate it.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hobgood12

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
You can get a Plano 3700 like that, I have one and hate it.
[Linked Image]

What about it you dislike so much?

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 01:59 AM

Just having to open it and dig thru it. I just keep all my plastic in a cheap plastic sterilite tote with the lid off. It’s the width and height of most soft plastics and you can just line them up in there pretty easy plus those plastic totes are cheap.

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 02:03 AM

Something like this, you can put probably 40 bags of soft plastics in a row in there.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 12:56 PM

Something like this, you can put probably 40 bags of soft plastics in a row in there.
[Linked Image]

This, someone on TFF showed me this a while back and I ran with it. Since most soft plastics come in a resealable bag this works perfect. I got mine at the Dollar General.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 01:30 PM

Boxes like the above if you like them. I've gone to storing like items in 2 gallon ziplock bags I keep in the small cooler portion of the boat for the ones I use all the time.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 02:17 PM

Have you tried throwing them all over the boat in every box. The packages come open and they dump out everywhere. That's my go to method
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 02:32 PM

This is my worm box
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tr.../241278994?athbdg=L1103&from=/search

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 04:08 PM

I have a few of these: https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Flambeau_4510_Double_Deep_Half_Tuff_Tainer_with_Zer/descpage-FL4510. [Linked Image]
html
Great when I’m co-angling in the back of the boat
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Have you tried throwing them all over the boat in every box. The packages come open and they dump out everywhere. That's my go to method

I do this - and still can't find the bait I want or need.................
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
[Linked Image]

This, someone on TFF showed me this a while back and I ran with it. Since most soft plastics come in a resealable bag this works perfect. I got mine at the Dollar General.

+1 I have several of them in the boat with different baits in them. They are cheap and work well. I got mine at Walmart. Walmart has a bunch of types like this one to choose from so you can pick out which one works best for you.

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/25/24 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bayou Burner
I have a few of these: https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Flambeau_4510_Double_Deep_Half_Tuff_Tainer_with_Zer/descpage-FL4510. [Linked Image]
html
Great when I’m co-angling in the back of the boat

I have a couple of these in the boat.
Posted By: Edge13

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/27/24 12:38 AM

The Z-Man storage bags are the best system I have ever used. There a smaller and a larger version.
Posted By: cg203

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/27/24 01:13 AM

I use plastic shoe boxes from the container store and they work great. I would attach a link but don’t know how.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/27/24 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by cg203
I use plastic shoe boxes from the container store and they work great. I would attach a link but don’t know how.

Maybe this is it

Plastic shoe boxes
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/27/24 03:16 AM

Used the boxes and couldn’t fit all of the boxes my my storage area. Eventually just went to 2-gallon ziplocs. Works well for me. Now without the boxes I have even more room for lures I will never use.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/27/24 12:18 PM

I use 1 gallon ziplock bags, each bag has a difference style of worm. This allows me to store them in the locker much easier than a hard box. When I'm not using lizards, that bag goes out of the boat. I like the bags with a slider. I used to have bigger hard totes, but they were harder to fit in the mix of other boxes.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/27/24 05:04 PM

Just having to open it and dig thru it. I just keep all my plastic in a cheap plastic sterilite tote with the lid off. It’s the width and height of most soft plastics and you can just line them up in there pretty easy plus those plastic totes are cheap.

same, wal mart has some that have lids with gaskets, they work great.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dengmore...5102521121?athbdg=L1400&from=/search

[Linked Image]

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/27/24 11:19 PM

6th Sense soft bags are good also.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/29/24 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
6th Sense soft bags are good also.

I bought several of these when they had a sale. They work pretty good.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Worm storage box ideas - 03/29/24 04:59 PM

No help to you I know but I’ve tried many ideas over many decades. One gallon zip-lock bags labeled w/a sharpie has worked better than anything else. One w/worms, one w/creature baits, one with craws, one w/big worms…..you get the idea. Just leave em in their factory sealed bags & put the bags in a labeled zip lock bag. Easy to locate, keeps them separate & fresh…… Not perfect but cheap, easy and better than any other “system” I have tried……
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum