Texas Fishing Forum

Snagged Bass

Posted By: LA Ron

Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 06:58 PM

Saw Justin Hamner catch a 5 lber snagged in the lower side and belly. Was this fish snagged? Should it have counted?
Posted By: bklem

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 07:04 PM

As long as he wasn’t sight fishing, which he wasn’t, it is fine.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 07:18 PM

It was sight fishing. FFS. The hooks on those jerkbaits are sticky sharp.I like watching FFS and cuold see how when a bass gets close, it could easily get snagged.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 07:28 PM

Half my jerbait fish gets the sides snagged pretty good

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 07:30 PM

A couple of weeks ago Scott Martin was using perspective mode to catch bedding fish. Could these fish be caught outside the mouth?
Posted By: Walls

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by LA Ron
It was sight fishing. FFS. The hooks on those jerkbaits are sticky sharp.I like watching FFS and cuold see how when a bass gets close, it could easily get snagged.

If you think it's possible to snag a fish using FFS, there's a fella over here offering 10K to anyone that can do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcwMwh8s_Ts

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

You think it was because the fish were following the bait and on the next jerk it was in the way ?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 07:35 PM

You should call em up on the phone and protest. thumb

FFS is not sight fishing.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

You think it was because the fish were following the bait and on the next jerk it was in the way ?

It usually gets the tail hook in the mouth, and during the fight the front and side hooks get dug into the sides. It happens with a long bait with 9 hooks.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Non traditional sight fishing some say.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Walls

If you think it's possible to snag a fish using FFS, there's a fella over here offering 10K to anyone that can do so.

I watch his post and love them! But watching the bait and fish it doesn't seem like it's impossible. I've seen bass snagged in the tail or side with a deep diving crankbaits., but had no idea they there.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 07:56 PM

Saw Justin Hamner catch a 5 lber snagged in the lower side and belly. Was this fish snagged? Should it have counted?

Negative ghost rider. Ban the scope, ban the scope, ban the scope.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001

Negative ghost rider. Ban the scope, ban the scope, ban the scope.

I don't want FFS banned. I enjoy watching the bait and fish reaction, now that it is possible to see what the angler is doing. Bass should have that feed on every FFS , unlike MLF where you still stare at the anglers back. Embrace the technology. Maybe a rule change ?
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 08:35 PM

Happens all the time without FFS.
Posted By: OkAce

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 08:43 PM

He gonna pay that to snag any fish? If so guys snag spoonbill and big head carp on grand with it all the time
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by OkAce

He gonna pay that to snag any fish? If so guys snag spoonbill and big head carp on grand with it all the time

This!!! Heck that’s how they fish for spoonbill now. Well most of them!!
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 09:00 PM

You don't know what you are talking about do you
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 09:27 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 09:33 PM

I agree it’s not sight fishing.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

[Linked Image]

Lolz

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

What makes you think don't know what I'm talking about. The tail hook was in the fishes belly the middle hook in the side. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 09:47 PM

What makes you think don't know what I'm talking about. The tail hook was in the fishes belly the middle hook in the side. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Fish get foul hooked all the time on certain types of baits. Go out and try to snag one on purpose with a jerk bait and report back. If you think that's what's going on you for sure don't know what you are talking about.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 09:49 PM

SMH, now livescope is sight fishing, oh the horror!

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 10:03 PM

If snagging bass intentionally on the front looker was a thing, John Soukup would be doing way better in the Elites than he is.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 10:03 PM

Fish get foul hooked all the time on certain types of baits. Go out and try to snag one on purpose with a jerk bait and report back. If you think that's what's going on you for sure don't know what you are talking about.

I didn't say anything about being snagged on purpose. You see a fish swim up to a jerk bait, follow it and you jerk to try to make the fish react and it gets foul hooked. That not impossible. Just saying if the bait is not in the vicinity of the head or mouth they should maybe change the rules when 300k is on the line
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 10:24 PM

How is it not sight fishing? Isn’t that their selling point? Every brand is saying their unit sees the fish better.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 10:24 PM

It never ends.

No one knows what happened from time fish was hooked then reeled in. Treble hooked baits routinely change position even when just fishing and not FFS fishing.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
It never ends.

No one knows what happened from time fish was hooked then reeled in. Treble hooked baits routinely change position even when just fishing and not FFS fishing.

Same could be said for traditional sight fishing…. Plenty of guys have had to let their fish go because when the fish came in…. It was hooked outside of the mouth even though they didn’t mean to snag the fish.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 10:31 PM

I may have to update the Hurt feelings report for some of you people. I agree, it never ends.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by cephusjoe
It never ends.

Same could be said for traditional sight fishing…. Plenty of guys have had to let their fish go because when the fish came in…. It was hooked outside of the mouth even though they didn’t mean to snag the fish.

Is totally different to me. I see a huge difference between a treble hook bait and a single hook bait. I can count on maybe 2 fingers how many times I've foul hooked a bass on a single hook bait. That being said I 'm out. Yall can hash it out.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 11:24 PM

It never ends.

Is totally different to me. I see a huge difference between a treble hook bait and a single hook bait. I can count on maybe 2 fingers how many times I've foul hooked a bass on a single hook bait. That being said I 'm out. Yall can hash it out.

Ah gotcha. Now bow out

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 11:34 PM

How is it not sight fishing? Isn’t that their selling point? Every brand is saying their unit sees the fish better.

Are you looking at the fish with your eyes.....not sight fishing.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/23/24 11:53 PM

Don’t try to argue.

It’s would be like sight fishing with a Coke Bottle thick glasses on your head. A giant blur, where you could be anywhere from right in the fishes face, to 15-20 feet on one side of the other.

These people KNOW that. That can’t be that blind about what’s going on. They just like to cry!
Posted By: Board Pro

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 12:08 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by prosise
I may have to update the Hurt feelings report for some of you people. I agree, it never ends.

Yep....definitely time for another update or revision popcorn
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 12:28 AM

I can't snag a carp with a rattle trap I can see in a foot water. If he can snag a bass with ffs I'm impressed.
Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 12:30 AM

I hear FFS causes you to go blind.
And develop chronic neck pain.
Some people even say it contributes to alcoholism and tooth decay!

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:14 AM

Yes, through a 20 in tv on the front the boat…. Again the selling point for the competing companies is seeing the fish. As a matter of fact! Isn’t the saying “ just because you can see them, doesn’t mean they will bite”
It’s sight fishing guys… why are y’all so hesitant to accept it. It’s counter productive to the appeal to buy FFS???

Even better, you can see the fish in dirty water and 30 foot away.

So strange… I don’t understand why you would not consider this sight fishing.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:17 AM

Not sight fishing

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:19 AM

Not sight fishing

Sure…please explain with a logical argument how it’s not.
Posted By: Grasshopperglock

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:21 AM

taz

How come no one ever uses the Taz?

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:23 AM

Not sight fishing

Sure…please explain with a logical argument how it’s not… we all deserve your valued opinion.

I already told you, you aren't looking at the fish with your eyes. It's not that complicated.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:25 AM

Not sight fishing

Sure…please explain with a logical argument how it’s not… we all deserve your valued opinion.

I already told you, you aren't looking at the fish with your eyes. It's not that complicated.

Yes you are! Then why have it? Please explain? I don’t understand the premise of your argument? You can watch the fish… watch the fish chase and eat your bait? I’m confused on your objection to my argument?

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:27 AM

Not sight fishing

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:30 AM

Not sight fishing

^ still confused, or you’re wrong and don’t want to admit it. An immature person deflects an argument an withholds responsibility when backed into a corner. Reposting “not sight fishing” is a weak position to take.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:43 AM

Not sight fishing

^ still confused, or you’re wrong and don’t want to admit it

It ain’t the same. Sight fishing…you physically see the fish and the fishes exact, the the millimeter location. You know which end is its mouth. There is no 1 second time delay.

FFS….you see what is PROBABLY A FISH. Depending on how far in front of the boat it is, it could be anywhere within a 20-30 ft area. You don’t know which end [censored] or eats. What you see STILL ISNT LIVE! It recorded, processed, then displayed. It’s about a second long delay.

Y’all technophobes are lost….y’all really don’t have a clue about how this technology works.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:45 AM

Not sight fishing

^ still confused, or you’re wrong and don’t want to admit it. An immature person deflects an argument an withholds responsibility when backed into a corner. Reposting “not sight fishing” is a weak position to take.

Not sight fishing
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:50 AM

Not sight fishing

Not sight fishing

roflmao

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:52 AM

Not sight fishing

Not sight fishing

And this is the response of a person that has no argument.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:52 AM

Not sight fishing

It ain’t the same. Sight fishing…you physically see the fish and the fishes exact, the the millimeter location. You know which end is its mouth. There is no 1 second time delay.

FFS….you see what is PROBABLY A FISH. Depending on how far in front of the boat it is, it could be anywhere within a 20-30 ft area. You don’t know which end [censored] or eats. What you see STILL ISNT LIVE! It recorded, processed, then displayed. It’s about a second long delay.

Y’all technophobes are lost….y’all really don’t have a clue about how this technology works.

You also don’t know what species it is. You probably have a pretty good idea if it’s a bass but you can’t SEE the fish

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Darin S.
Not sight fishing

You also don’t know what species it is. You probably have a pretty good idea if it’s a bass but you can’t SEE the fish

…..but yet, it’s “sight fishing”. roflmao

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 01:58 AM

Not sight fishing

Not sight fishing

Still not sight fishing

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:09 AM

I think the words you’re looking for are foul hooked. It’s legal and counts.
Posted By: Rangerkev

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:12 AM

Only someone with a screen name of LA Ron could make this claim. And people wonder why Cali is going bankrupt. It's because of idiots being fed leftist BS.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rangerkev
Only someone with a screen name of LA Ron could make this claim. And people wonder why Cali is going bankrupt. It's because of idiots being fed leftist BS.

I believe you swung and missed on that comment. What does Cali have to do with this conversation?

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:16 AM

roflmao

I think it’s Louisiana.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:20 AM

roflmao

I think it’s Louisiana.

roflmao
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:23 AM

Politics are hilarious and there's the proof.
Posted By: tangledup3

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:46 AM

I snagged a bass on a Carolina rig yesterday. I didn’t think that was even possible, so snagging one with 3 trebles would be nine times as likely.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:57 AM

[quote=cephusjoe][quote=WAWI]Not sight fishing
Not sight fishing

Still not sight fishing

Yep, not sight fishing. Guys who haven’t used it are clueless.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:58 AM

8416 is badarse!!
Just sayin'

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:59 AM

Not sight fishing, it's called scoping.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by JackMason

Yep.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by JackMason

Yep.

And if you ain't scoping you're hoping.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 03:58 AM

Go to bed old man. sleep it off! bang
Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 04:06 AM

Well now, this took a strange turn.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:40 PM

Still not sight fishing

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:45 PM

And foul hooking is legal.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 02:45 PM

Still not sight fishing

thumb

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 03:21 PM

Now if you want to have the conversation that every fish to count must be hooked in the mouth then I would entertain that discussion. To single out ffs which is not sight fishing and apply the same standards to it is nonsense. Just make it one way or the other and most people could care less.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 03:50 PM

Here ya go
https://youtu.be/1ePO7_5FSsU?si=HriCI7cr7YglwDFY

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/24/24 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by BrockstaRama

Here ya go
https://youtu.be/1ePO7_5FSsU?si=HriCI7cr7YglwDFY

Spoonbills are big, slow and do not move around a lot. Bass rarely stop moving unless the water is extremely cold or extremely hot. When there is bait around, they never stop moving. Castledine will give you $10K if you can snag a bass and he will take you out to try and do it.

Apples to Carrots noidea

How's Minnesota?
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/25/24 12:12 AM

Jay Pzeukerat caught one on live today that sure as hell looked like he snagged it. Jerked on it several times with a spy bait and when he reeled it in it was hooked in the tail.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/25/24 12:15 AM

He wasn't the only one, Randy was right.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/25/24 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by leethefishking
Jay Pzeukerat caught one on live today that sure as hell looked like he snagged it. Jerked on it several times with a spy bait and when he reeled it in it was hooked in the tail.

*jerkbait
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/25/24 12:13 PM

I've got photos on my phone from my last solo trip to Sandlin; throwing squarebills, I boated a solid limit and lost that many or more at the boat. Almost every fish was hooked outside it's mouth or in the side and no FFS was used, I don't have it YET.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/25/24 12:45 PM

Found all of the guys on this forum that don't have livescope! roflmao

If you think you can intentionally use livescope to snag bass then you've never used livescope.

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/25/24 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow

If you think you can intentionally use livescope to snag bass then you've never used livescope.

I can’t even find em on mine. roflmao
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/25/24 01:06 PM

cephusjoe sure has 'em backpedaling and twisting their FFS logic... It's a fun read... Again, catch' em however you get your jollies... There's no shame in doing it your way... As long as it's legal, go for it... Dan fish

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/25/24 02:00 PM

Yep, I can’t snag them in the side or in the mouth, because it’s not as easy as the clowns think it is.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/25/24 02:09 PM

Same here
roflmao

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/25/24 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by 9094

Same here
roflmao

Yup

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/26/24 12:17 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Snagged Bass - 03/26/24 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
[Linked Image]

That has got to be MJ.