Texas Fishing Forum

Bois d Arc

Posted By: Douglas J

Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 02:31 AM

Somehow the lake has dropped today.

Has the watershed not received any precipitation? It rained 3.12 inches in Bonham in January alone.

This is really strange, every lake within 100 miles in every direction is 95-100% full.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 02:40 AM

Gotta keep the public off, but you know, it’s a “public lake”… bs
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 03:08 AM

Hope its not true the rumors there are problems with the dam. This thing was built during covid.
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Hope its not true the rumors there are problems with the dam. This thing was built during covid.

put a mask on it and it will be fine
Posted By: Donegonefishin

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 11:57 AM

The past 24 hours of rain essentially did nothing for it. Most of the rain was to the South of Denton. [Linked Image]
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 12:45 PM

I've been going to the Bois D'arc Lake website to look at the levels and it appears to be on a steady decline after rains like their is a leak. It's so noticeable they've apparently taken the water level graph down and just show the numbers.
Posted By: slim1

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 02:17 PM

I've heard they are already taking water out of it for the DFW area.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 02:21 PM

There's a leak alright. A 90" pipeline sucking on it.
Posted By: trippbo

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 03:16 PM

https://www.waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/bois-darc
Doesn't seem to be going down.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 03:19 PM

You know now it makes sense why the boat ramps are so short and the parking lots so small. He!! You guys are never going to get to fish that lake because the people in charge are not going to let it ever get high enough.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by trippbo

lakes within 100 miles of BDA in every and any direction, all have risen to full pool or close to in the past few months

BDA has dropped 1 foot in the past 6 months and every lake in the same region have risen 6 inches to a few feet in the same time period.

if the lakes north, south, east and west of it have all risen and are full or close to full, why has BDA dropped 1 foot in the past 6 months?

they are either pumping wide open 24/7 or there is an issue with the lake holding water

it's weird and even weirder when people are saying there has been no precipitation in the area when every other lake in the region has risen in the same time period
Posted By: Strugglebus

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 04:00 PM

Are they at least letting the kayakers on the lake? Or is it TOTALLY closed?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Strugglebus

closed. no one is allowed access, 897 parking lot was locked up about 10 days ago.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 04:13 PM

0.12 in/hr
Rate
0.32 in
Day
1.01 in
Event

https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/66a95929879d0e9a79e9e5aafd0192b7

showing another inch next week, we need the big spring storms to roll in, minus all the weird stuff that usually comes with them.

hasn't been normal rainfall up here for a yr. now, a lot drier than normal, 2 large grass fires in the last 3 weeks on either side of us.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong

0.12 in/hr
Rate
0.32 in
Day
1.01 in
Event

https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/66a95929879d0e9a79e9e5aafd0192b7

showing another inch next week, we need the big spring storms to roll in, minus all the weird stuff that usually comes with them.

hasn't been normal rainfall up here for a yr. now, a lot drier than normal, 2 large grass fires in the last 3 weeks on either side of us.

Why has every other lake in the region risen but BDA, it's strange ?
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 04:37 PM

why doesnt someone ask them? bolt

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by lconn4

A friend of a friend is on the NTMWD board and when he was asked he responded, " the project is progressing nicely and on is target for it's goal", whatever that means, lol.
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Strugglebus

This might sound ignorant, I don't know, but Bois D'Arc creek is a navigable waterway. I can see how they can control launching on the lake, but if you're coming down from the creek, I don't see how anyone can legally keep you off that water.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

lakes within 100 miles of BDA in every and any direction, all have risen to full pool or close to in the past few months

BDA has dropped 1 foot in the past 6 months and every lake in the same region have risen 6 inches to a few feet in the same time period.

if the lakes north, south, east and west of it have all risen and are full or close to full, why has BDA dropped 1 foot in the past 6 months?

they are either pumping wide open 24/7 or there is an issue with the lake holding water

it's weird and even weirder when people are saying there has been no precipitation in the area when every other lake in the region has risen in the same time period

we have had a lot less rain over the past yr. than normal, had 2 large grass fires in the last 3 weeks (6-700 acres on riverby, place on our south side a few hundred more over 3 days).

need to remember too that the lake has a limited watershed, it was built mostly for flood control on bois d'arc creek and water supply, fishing is a side benefit.

this is what fm 100 would look like after any heavy rain, 1.5" or more, and could last 2-3 days.

[Linked Image]

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 05:31 PM

My understanding is they have been pumping water 24-7. They’ve been bragging about all the water they have removed already. The even crazier thing is they won’t allow kayaks on the water. Or even bank fishing. Heck I fished Ray Roberts from a bass buster several times before it was open to boats.
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 05:58 PM

No way to get to the creeks. They own so much land on both sides of all the creeks and own land from the edge of the water up so far
Posted By: skeeterokc

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/08/24 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by HookaToad

put a mask on it and it will be fine

lol_2
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/09/24 12:32 AM

A friend of a friend is on the NTMWD board and when he was asked he responded, " the project is progressing nicely and on is target for it's goal", whatever that means, lol.

Right, same as Joe Biden saying the border is secure.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/09/24 12:32 AM

+1

Someone isn't telling the truth.
Posted By: Donegonefishin

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/10/24 08:05 PM

Be fun for a few years then turn into the next Lake Cooper.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/10/24 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by ezbassin

+1

Someone isn't telling the truth.

Sounds like issues with the dam
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/10/24 10:12 PM

It has three little baby Trex feeder creek arms.
Its best watershed is Lake Bonham.
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/10/24 11:37 PM

Maybe the ground it sits on is still soaking it in? I mean ... it's not a lined swimming pool, right?
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/10/24 11:49 PM

Still pretty sure it's the 90" wide open pipe
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 01:00 PM

I love the conspiracy theories. Keep em up.

One could simply drive across bois d arc at 82 or 56 a day after one of these rains we’ve been getting and see basically 0 current then to compare you could go drive across sister grove or elm creek north of Lavon and see water moving. Then you’d see bois d arc is in an inferior flood plain.

But no no no. It’s dam leaks, them draining it on purpose to keep you out and whatever you else your brother in laws cousins neighbors nephew said.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 01:59 PM

If they would just open her up it would come up at least 3 feet (from all the boats).

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 03:06 PM

Now I do agree it’s [censored] it’s not open. Every lake in Texas folks were dumping boats in as it fills. That bunch has way too many lawyers.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 03:33 PM

At this point, it will only open to boats with a once a decade flood or start sucking from Lake Bonham.

Oh I forgot…..or inflatable ballasts in deep water by the dam.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 04:05 PM

Probably waiting to finish marina slips and boat docks for houses before they allow it to fill. Seems like they've been keeping at level of 7' low for a reason.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 04:21 PM

And still no one has asked someone that would know? 🤣
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
At this point, it will only open to boats with a once a decade flood or start sucking from Lake Bonham.

Oh I forgot…..or inflatable ballasts in deep water by the dam.

I was thinking about the inflatable ballast thing yesterday, I had it written to post, but deleted it when I went in for an appointment. Glad someone else remembers! roflmao

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 05:36 PM

Is it possible some execs and such have been fishing it?

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 08:10 PM

Is it possible some execs and such have been fishing it?

you heard it too? roflmao
Posted By: Jiggy wid it

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Used2fish

One could simply drive across bois d arc at 82 or 56 a day after one of these rains we’ve been getting and see basically 0 current then to compare you could go drive across sister grove or elm creek north of Lavon and see water moving. Then you’d see bois d arc is in an inferior flood plain.

But no no no. It’s dam leaks, them draining it on purpose to keep you out and whatever you else your brother in laws cousins neighbors nephew said.

I don’t have any conspiracy theories. I just don’t think they intend to open it for fishing.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jiggy wid it

I don’t have any conspiracy theories. I just don’t think they intend to open it for fishing.

Yeah, that’s not conspiracy theory.
clap

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by texasflycaster
Maybe the ground it sits on is still soaking it in? I mean ... it's not a lined swimming pool, right?

roflmao
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/11/24 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by JackMason
Probably waiting to finish marina slips and boat docks for houses before they allow it to fill. Seems like they've been keeping at level of 7' low for a reason.

^^^^^^This
Winner Winner Chicken dinner!!
Posted By: TR176

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/12/24 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master

^^^^^^This
Winner Winner Chicken dinner!!

Fly a drone over it and confirm this conspiracy someone.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/12/24 01:46 AM

Gonna be a While if they waiting on houses to be built. Just one being built so far on the high dollar lots they sold SE of the dam and its not even a waterfront lot. Lol
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/12/24 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by texasflycaster

I remember over 20 years ago being involved in a project where we dug a pond, it was about 1 acre and 25’ deep. Some goober pulled up to gawk and said “it’ll never hold water, the ground will just soak it up” he was actually serious… bless his heart.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/12/24 12:50 PM

Imagine if you will. A government entity that produces water, building a lake for water and not caring if you can fish or not. Not going out of the way to get you fishing because they do not care. Once you understand this, you’ll understand it’s not any thing crazy. It’s just that they do not care.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/12/24 02:58 PM

Imagine if you will. A government entity that produces water, building a lake for water and not caring if you can fish or not. Not going out of the way to get you fishing because they do not care. Once you understand this, you’ll understand it’s not any thing crazy. It’s just that they do not care.

Is this your conspiracy theory?

TP&W spent a lot of money stocking this lake and getting it ready for recreation. The boat ramps and parks weren’t free either. It passed legislature by arguing that in addition to water supply, it will increase economic and recreational benefits for Fannin county. Fannin county approved the land grants and zoning ordinances based around this economic development. I’m not sure I buy your conspiracy theory either.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/12/24 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by TxBazzn

TP&W spent a lot of money stocking this lake and getting it ready for recreation. The boat ramps and parks weren’t free either. It passed legislature by arguing that in addition to water supply, it will increase economic and recreational benefits for Fannin county. Fannin county approved the land grants and zoning ordinances based around this economic development. I’m not sure I buy your conspiracy theory either.

Nope I agree with everything you say. The problem is the NTMWD has too many lawyers. They see that the lake has not reached full pool and therefore it’s not a finished product.

Add that the the fact that the EOR designed ramps very poorly and they will not work with very low water.

They should open the gates and say enter at your own risk. But they no bs believe that they have liability because their of “hazards” stumps and floating debris. It’s pretty odd. Add that to again they do not care about recreation. Yes they sold it to fannin county. But NTMWD is a water provider. That is all they care about. Fishing, water reacreation, docks, housing. all white noise.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/12/24 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by TxBazzn

Nope I agree with everything you say. The problem is the NTMWD has too many lawyers. They see that the lake has not reached full pool and therefore it’s not a finished product.

Add that the the fact that the EOR designed ramps very poorly and they will not work with very low water.

They should open the gates and say enter at your own risk. But they no bs believe that they have liability because their of “hazards” stumps and floating debris. It’s pretty odd. Add that to again they do not care about recreation. Yes they sold it to fannin county. But NTMWD is a water provider. That is all they care about. Fishing, water reacreation, docks, housing. all white noise.

Don't you live pretty close to the lake?

If so, are all the ponds and other lakes near there low as well? I know a lot were during the drought last summer

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/12/24 04:45 PM

my patio pond is already over 6" low from just over full about 3 weeks ago.

evaporation is the only explanation.

our rainfall has sucked for the last yr. we got some good rain but followed by long dry spells.

the watershed just has not had the rain to do much lately.

[Linked Image]

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/15/24 10:29 PM

Came up a half foot with this last rain we had. Watch, it will start dropping soon back to 7'.
Posted By: soonerjake

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/16/24 02:42 AM

With another unmolested spawn this lake should be loaded with fish when/if it opens.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/16/24 03:02 AM

If they didn't care about bringing recreation to the lake they wouldn't put in boat ramps

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/16/24 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

If they didn't care about bringing recreation to the lake they wouldn't put in boat ramps

Not so, grasshopper.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/16/24 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

What if they did it for grants and other free to them funds…are you one of these “it’s my lake because I pay taxes” people?
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/16/24 11:23 PM

It’s just like any lake the state builds for water supply. The recreational end of the lake is of no concern for them. The lakes are built to supply cities with water, fishing, skiing, swimming, scuba diving, and everything else simply an economic boost for the locals. That’s part of the incentive for the locals to agree to selling their land and to agree to vote for the zoning changes.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/17/24 12:17 AM

I would hate to have bought one of those high priced lake lots if this is going to be common out there.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/17/24 12:56 AM

They already sucking that lake down. It will never fill all the way.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/17/24 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

I read on here that they built the lake all wrong. bolt
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/17/24 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

I read on here that they built the lake all wrong. bolt

roflmao

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/22/24 02:10 PM

[Linked Image]

Before you conspiracy theorist get going again after you used your windshield wiper twice. Bonham is the epicenter of the lakes watershed.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/22/24 03:17 PM

528.26 this morning.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/22/24 04:18 PM

[Linked Image]

Before you conspiracy theorist get going again after you used your windshield wiper twice. Bonham is the epicenter of the lakes watershed.

Satan must live in Bonham flame

Good thing the water shed is not in Bonham.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/22/24 05:15 PM

Wait til they put the other pipeline right next to the first one.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/22/24 06:42 PM

0.61 in
Day

1.93 in
Event

1.93 in
Week

4.82 in
Month

and it is still raining a little, more sun/mon
Posted By: wabash2015

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/22/24 06:44 PM

This lake ever gonna open or are they intentionally keeping the water level "low" so that it never opens?

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/22/24 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by wabash2015
This lake ever gonna open or are they intentionally keeping the water level "low" so that it never opens?

They don’t want you to fish it so bad that they are intentionally making it not rain.
Posted By: wabash2015

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/22/24 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by wabash2015

They don’t want you to fish it so bad that they are intentionally making it not rain.

Honestly you've given me a good idea for a Bunker thread.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/22/24 10:16 PM

It will open within 3 weeks.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/23/24 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
528.26 this morning.

Water Level: 528.63ft

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/23/24 06:23 PM

Watch it flood and they don’t open it because of “dangerous conditions”, then drop it fast enough to close it off again.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/25/24 10:52 AM

Bois d'Arc Lake
Red River Basin

Lake Levels Updated: Mar 24, 2024

Water Level: 528.62ft

0.19 in/hr
Rate

0.78 in
Event

5.67 in
Month

24.61 in
Total yr

half the monthly has come in the last few days, 2" out of last storms.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/25/24 04:13 PM

How much water did the water shed NOT catch the past 12 hours?

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/25/24 11:55 PM

Bois d'Arc Lake
Red River Basin

Lake Levels Updated: Mar 25, 2024

Water Level: 529.02ft

Future Conservation Pool Elevation: 534.00ft

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/25/24 11:57 PM

over 3" in the last 4 days, most of it is runoff this time.

we just got another 1/3" in about 15 min. an hr. ago. front is thru/wind shift.

bonham is to the rim now, may already be sending some to bois d'arc.

stay tuned.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 12:08 AM

stay tuned.

Maybe they won't pump the new water out of the lake within a week.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 04:37 AM

stay tuned.

Maybe they won't pump the new water out of the lake within a week.

roflmao good luck

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 11:52 AM

Looking better @ 529.02 this morning. smile

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 01:09 PM

Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 01:50 PM

thumb 80% , so you're telling me there's a chance.....
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 02:20 PM

It opens Thursday. Who’s gonna be first in line roflmao

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 03:12 PM

Lol, they won't let the water touch the ramps....
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett

You can fish it starting Thursday?

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 03:31 PM

Only if you have FFS.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 04:33 PM

Yes

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 04:34 PM

We are getting a group together that morning and I’m going to make sausage and egg burritos on my mini big green egg

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 06:12 PM

bang

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by bronco71
Lol, they won't let the water touch the ramps....

Correct

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 07:09 PM

Just went across the bridge and it's barely touching the ramps. Long way to go
Posted By: T54

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 08:18 PM

We are getting a group together that morning and I’m going to make sausage and egg burritos on my mini big green egg

I got the same intel. Save me a burrito.
Posted By: T54

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kodyjoe

No bass boats, but they are going to allow kayakers to take the first crack at it.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/26/24 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by T54

No bass boats, but they are going to allow kayakers to take the first crack at it.

I got my yak in tow and headed that way banana
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/27/24 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by T54

I got my yak in tow and headed that way banana

Let's Go !

[Linked Image]

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/28/24 02:01 PM

what is the new lake record today?

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/28/24 04:21 PM

lots of 3-6 pounders. Average fish about 4 pounds. We are taking a lunch break. My arms are sore from having to paddle.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/28/24 11:29 PM

Is it really open I haven't found anything on their website?

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/28/24 11:33 PM

Bois d'Arc Lake
Red River Basin

Lake Levels Updated: Mar 28, 2024

Water Level: 529.57ft

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/28/24 11:46 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 12:00 AM

Some dB will submit a 3lbr for lake record.....

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 12:02 AM

Better set up camp at the ramp now.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 12:16 AM

If it is really opening they should let the surrounding area residents and property owners access it exclusively for a couple months

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 12:57 AM

[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: Walls

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 01:20 AM

If it is really opening they should let the surrounding area residents and property owners access it exclusively for a couple months

Genuinely curious on what the justification for that thought process consists of?
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 01:43 AM

Better set up camp at the ramp now.

Naw, my wife and I like to go to the restaurant that used to be the hot place to eat after the new hot place opens. I'll just enjoy having fewer people on the "old" lakes.
Posted By: goodman_fishing

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 02:48 AM

I saw that post on Facebook, sure feels fishy. April 1st is right around the corner!

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Walls

Genuinely curious on what the justification for that thought process consists of?

most have actually had to alter their day to day lives and make sacrifices for several reasons

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 03:49 AM

So, is this the 2nd or the 3rd opening rumor bang the NTWMD office didn't know anything about it when I called yesterday afternoon...

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 01:38 PM

So, is this the 2nd or the 3rd opening rumor bang the NTWMD office didn't know anything about it when I called yesterday afternoon...

who did you talk to?

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 01:43 PM

I called the number on their website and talked to someone in administration. She said to sign up on their website for Bois d arc emails to get updates....
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by goodman_fishing
I saw that post on Facebook, sure feels fishy. April 1st is right around the corner!

APRIL FOOLS

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 04:44 PM

You really called NTMWD?

clap

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 04:46 PM

I called ntmwd bout an hour ago. They put me thru to the treatment plant in Leonard. Said all he knew was they had a meeting about it. Has heard nothing else
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 08:18 PM

I had the day off and debated it then remembered this was the bass section
Posted By: Mac Town Fuzz

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 08:33 PM

I'm told the NTMWB board of directors had a meeting yesterday that was livestreamed and at that meeting they agreed to the upcoming opening.

Meeting minutes will be posted at a later date where you can read all the details. The board voted in favor of the opening with no dissenting votes on File #24-6005 Agenda #G - Future Opening and Operation of Public Recreational Areas and Associated Facilities on Bois d’Arc Lake; Resolution No. 24-11.

The next phase will be for NTMWD, TPWD, and Fannin County to finish clearing any hazards and put in signage before setting an official opening date.

NTMWD board meeting

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 09:19 PM

Cool, says 2 of the ramps are usable at a minimum of 525', lake is 528+ now...looks like is could actually happen soon....
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 09:40 PM

6 weeks at the earliest. saw that posted in one of the various hype articles. unless the water drops 3' before then......

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 10:22 PM

that lake gets rough!

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/29/24 10:42 PM

that lake gets rough!

We stayed on south banks and it was rough there too. Up in feeder creeks better.

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/30/24 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by bradnitro175
Is it really open I haven't found anything on their website?

Recreational Access Coming Soon.
Bois d'Arc Lake is not yet open for recreation or boat access, but preparations are underway to open the lake to the public. Many factors are involved in ensuring a new lake is ready to open to the public including lake levels rising for sustained use of the public boat ramps, conditions on the lake supporting safe recreation, and coordination with law enforcement and emergency response agencies. North Texas Municipal Water District will update this website when Bois d’Arc Lake is open to the public.

Bois d'Arc Lake
Red River Basin

Lake Levels Updated: Mar 29, 2024

Water Level: 529.60ft

https://boisdarclake.org/lake-level/
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Bois d Arc - 03/31/24 06:35 PM

water level is dropping already.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/01/24 09:44 AM

Opens today

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/01/24 11:07 AM

roflmao
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/01/24 11:39 AM

I had my kayak in the back of bois d'arc yesterday.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nellie

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/01/24 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit 200 XP
Opens today

April fools up and running early this morning already.

Keep them coming…
Posted By: The Netstretcher

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/01/24 02:24 PM

If anyone's interested in having an advantage figuring out a new lake when it opens I spent a lot of time gathering info/data and offer it in the link below:

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...bois-darc-waypoints-mapping#Post14987831
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/01/24 07:36 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/01/24 08:24 PM

Safe and orderly

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/01/24 10:01 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/10/24 12:15 PM

530.90 this morning.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/10/24 12:43 PM

Actually 531.65

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/10/24 12:46 PM

Frog bite is good right now. Only 4 bites but they have all been 4-6 pounds.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/10/24 03:22 PM

Let's see who bites

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/10/24 06:51 PM

Where is this alleged tiny watershed for Bois d'Arc, because it looks like a lot more rain is headed in that general direction.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/10/24 06:52 PM

Still rising 531.73 @ 1:50 pm, come on BD!

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/10/24 08:30 PM

It will be a foot low or less by morning.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/10/24 08:33 PM

roflmao
Posted By: nfhbass

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/10/24 11:50 PM

I think this lake is off to a bad start. Maybe it’s the silly name. Can someone come up with a good alternative, then everyone use that so much it become the real name, shortly after there will be water to launch the boat
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:06 AM

Jason Conn traveling guide claims he’s booked full for May on there. Wonder how many of the traveling circus gonna pitch a tent and join him….,

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Jason Conn traveling guide claims he’s booked full for May on there. Wonder how many of the traveling circus gonna pitch a tent and join him….,

I could care less about some guides. It's the out of staters and the high school tournaments that I see being a problem. There's just not enough parking and ramps.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:19 AM

I could care less about some guides. It's the out of staters and the high school tournaments that I see being a problem. There's just not enough parking and ramps.

Well their socials is what tends to bring the out of staters by the bus load.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:21 AM

Well their socials is what tends to bring the out of staters by the bus load.

Not me, don’t worry, I go further south and east to the old lakes. In fact my trophy waters are in MS, LA, and OK.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:23 AM

Friend of mine sold bout 100 acres to the same investors that sold the first bunch of high dollar lots up by the dam. They been clearing it out and getting ready to have more lots for sale. Bout half a mile before the boat ramp on 1396. Yall better get in line to get one when they are ready.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:25 AM

Yeah, gonna be wild for a while. Last I heard, there is maximum 300 boat capacity that will be enforced.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:26 AM

This little bitty lake will be done for in no time.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:30 AM

Best thing is all bass over 16 can't be taken out or put in livewell.so no riding around with a live well fun for picts

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:45 AM

Meat hunting "immigrants" will thin out the bass population.

They do not go by regulations

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:51 AM

Meat hunting "immigrants" will thin out the bass population.

They do not go by regulations

If there’s tilapia in that lake, they will come in droves!

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:53 AM

Friend of mine sold bout 100 acres to the same investors that sold the first bunch of high dollar lots up by the dam. They been clearing it out and getting ready to have more lots for sale. Bout half a mile before the boat ramp on 1396. Yall better get in line to get one when they are ready.

I hope he got enough to retire on, that land os going for $200K+ an acre. 26 acres for sale for $6.9M on the water

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 01:20 AM

Bois d'Arc is currently 2.19 ft. below full pool. I'll start a list of lakes that are closed because they are 2.2 ft. low. Please fill in those I have missed:

Thanks.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Razorback
Bois d'Arc is currently 2.19 ft. below full pool. I'll start a list of lakes that are closed because they are 2.2 ft. low. Please fill in those I have missed:

Thanks.

I think you got all of them.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 01:34 AM

He got a bunch for his land. The other place you are talking about is right down the road bot quarter mile. He has a lot more but keeping it for himself and building one helluva house on it. Prolly one of the prettiest places on the lake

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 03:00 AM

I’ll get to fish it mid week and it won’t be anywhere near crowded as the weekends. I’ve fished a couple of start up lakes in my lifetime already. It’s just crazy how the fish bite. You can pull up to one spot and catch 30 to 50 fish on back to back cast and 99% of them will weigh less than 2 pounds. It’s still fun.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 03:09 AM

Nobody works anymore, it’ll be packed every single day. Count on it.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 03:15 AM

Pretty sure Naconiche had a reservation system for awhile after it first opened. Wouldn't be a bad idea for this one if the facilities are that small.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Nobody works anymore, it’ll be packed every single day. Count on it.

This is the absolute truth. I retired in October and thought I would get to fish deserted lakes during the week. Not only lakes but everything else is packed at 2 p.m. on a Wednesday. Stores. Restaurants. Highways. Apparently I was one of only about a dozen suckers who actually went to work in an office until a few months ago. Now there are only eleven.

I took a vacation day on a Wednesday during covid. I went to Pines to prefish for an upcoming tournament. I have never seen a bigger crowd at the Cedar Springs ramp. Both levels of the parking lot were full and trailers were parked up the road. It was like Bass Champs and Media were both there.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 03:46 AM

2pm is the new 5pm, it’s been that way. The interstates where I live aren’t busy at 5 or 6, they’re busy at 2 or 3…

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 07:16 AM

gonna be a hoot to sit back and watch the pandemonium when it does open.

won't find me trying to get on it for a month or more once it does open, there really is not much parking.

I will add, fm 100 north of honey grove is afu due to resurfacing, I would avoid it with a boat in tow.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 11:28 AM

I suspect the you tube wanna be types and the pop up guides will come out of the woodwork like when squaw reopened.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 11:31 AM

Best thing is all bass over 16 can't be taken out or put in livewell.so no riding around with a live well fun for picts

Warden McGee in Fannin county does not care if Jimmy Smith puts an "over" in his livewell. Best have your horn working, updated fire extinguisher, and correct number of coast guard approved PFD's on hand.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 11:32 AM

531.73 @ 6:32am
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 11:34 AM

He got a bunch for his land. The other place you are talking about is right down the road bot quarter mile. He has a lot more but keeping it for himself and building one helluva house on it. Prolly one of the prettiest places on the lake

Good friend of mine is building a huge house out there, I bet it is for who you are talking about.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 11:35 AM

I've got friends that lost land to the lake.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:14 PM

I've got friends that lost land to the lake.

Hopefully they gained lakefront property.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 12:22 PM

so when will everyone start going off on ralph hall, not a peep on here about it.

nuts

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 01:36 PM

Got a friend coming over to go ride around both lakes Hop. Heard they were building a new dock at the 897 ramp. Going to go chek it out and hit the backroads and see what the creeks look like

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 01:40 PM

Got a friend coming over to go ride around both lakes Hop. Heard they were building a new dock at the 897 ramp. Going to go chek it out and hit the backroads and see what the creeks look like

Shoot some pics and post up.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 04:45 PM

1.85 ft low right now. If the authorities wait long enough to get all their emergency plans in place along with other bureaucratic foot dragging that should have been done over the last three years, they might be able to put off opening the lake long enough for the level to drop again.
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 06:20 PM

When is everyone gonna get to go fish
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by RCarter
When is everyone gonna get to go fish

There's guides already booking trips. lol.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 06:25 PM

1.85 ft low right now. If the authorities wait long enough to get all their emergency plans in place along with other bureaucratic foot dragging that should have been done over the last three years, they might be able to put off opening the lake long enough for the level to drop again.

should be full by end of next week. I will guess we get another 3-5" total for the week.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have to guess due to both my rain gauges not getting accurate readings, but, going with 10-12" total from these last storms. this place hasn't been this flooded since 2015.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 06:32 PM

Wonder how many people have snuck out there at night and banked fished...

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 07:22 PM

lol, probably some have tried but I will bet the sheriff and state patrol "cruise" it. there is a state patrol office west side of paris on 82 so they are in the area often.

I would be all over it if I owned lakefront land/access, what they gonna do? nuts

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 07:39 PM

lol, probably some have tried but I will bet the sheriff and state patrol "cruise" it. there is a state patrol office west side of paris on 82 so they are in the area often.

I would be all over it if I owned lakefront land/access, what they gonna do? nuts

whip

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 07:48 PM

whip

So tempting.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/11/24 07:57 PM

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/12/24 12:16 AM

532.23 now

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/12/24 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by nfhbass
I think this lake is off to a bad start. Maybe it’s the silly name. Can someone come up with a good alternative, then everyone use that so much it become the real name, shortly after there will be water to launch the boat

So, call it Osage or Hedge Lake. I like Hedge best, what do you all think?

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/12/24 11:34 AM

It’s official he is a dirty yankee.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/12/24 12:02 PM

We need rain 532.18 @ 7:00 am, headed the wrong way.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/12/24 01:42 PM

La Nina summer is going to lower this lake by the end of June and the boat ramps will be out of the water again.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/12/24 03:41 PM

Could someone please install a webcam at the ramp
So that I can properly monitor whether the ramp is usable or not.

No power loading on that ramp! It’s too short, you don’t want your trailer to fall off of it.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/13/24 01:15 PM

532.34 this morning. The lake is 1.66 ft below full pool. I think Rayburn is close to 6 ft low. Lakes west of Dallas are lower than that. Every lake in Texas will probably be at least 1.66 ft low this summer.

What are they waiting for?

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/13/24 01:25 PM

They are gonna have to run those pumps harder, people are getting false hopes.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/13/24 01:30 PM

532.34 this morning. The lake is 1.66 ft below full pool. I think Rayburn is close to 6 ft low. Lakes west of Dallas are lower than that. Every lake in Texas will probably be at least 1.66 ft low this summer.

What are they waiting for?

La Nina

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/13/24 01:49 PM

They are clearly waiting for the beginning of jet ski/wakeboat season (post spawn)

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/13/24 01:55 PM

I read something about emergency personnel, along with other government agencies, working on plans for the lake. Haven't they known where the lake is going to be for the last decade? Why are they just working on their plans now? Did they have to wait until the lake is almost full so they can practice launching a boat? Are they afraid they aren't ready to collect all the money they will get, and that the public might get to use the lake without paying for a few days or weeks?
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/13/24 02:54 PM

once fishermen figure out the lake folks dont give a damn about when they open the gate to let the public in these threads wont last as long they will let us know when they want us there.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/13/24 03:04 PM

You never know what is fact and what is fiction. I did see something that said they were still clearing or marking hazards and boat lanes.

Again... not sure if this is the case or not.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/13/24 05:10 PM

I read something about emergency personnel, along with other government agencies, working on plans for the lake. Haven't they known where the lake is going to be for the last decade? Why are they just working on their plans now? Did they have to wait until the lake is almost full so they can practice launching a boat? Are they afraid they aren't ready to collect all the money they will get, and that the public might get to use the lake without paying for a few days or weeks?

Paying for what? The ramps are free and there is no requirement for a "sticker."

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/13/24 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by David Burton

Paying for what? The ramps are free and there is no requirement for a "sticker."

They may be trying to decide if they will make them "pay ramps". The interest in the lake likely has the bean counters trying to figure out how to "tax" the general public for using the lake and make some extra scratch.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 01:21 AM

I can’t wait to see all the fuss when everyone starts really watering their yards in North Texas this next month and it draws down another 2 or 3 feet. Then it delays again. I think you guys forget this lake was built for North Texas water supply. Don’t think us fisherman are the first things on their mind.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 01:38 AM

Drove down the other day and the gate to the 1396 boat ramp was open. Drove in and they were putting a floating walkway together. Said they had already put one at the ramp on 897. Also said when it does open the ramp at Carson would not be open at the same time as the other two cause it is way shallow on that side of lake. So that means just 100 parking spots when it does open.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by David Burton

They may be trying to decide if they will make them "pay ramps". The interest in the lake likely has the bean counters trying to figure out how to "tax" the general public for using the lake and make some extra scratch.

Sounds like if they’re going charge they should hurry up and start over with longer ramps that can accommodate lower water levels that will be the norm.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 04:51 AM

Here is my prediction. At least 2 shooting altercations and maybe 3 dead on first day/weekend it is open!

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by machinist
Here is my prediction. At least 2 shooting altercations and maybe 3 dead on first day/weekend it is open!

at some point ffs will be involved, I have no doubt.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 09:47 AM

Drove down the other day and the gate to the 1396 boat ramp was open. Drove in and they were putting a floating walkway together. Said they had already put one at the ramp on 897. Also said when it does open the ramp at Carson would not be open at the same time as the other two cause it is way shallow on that side of lake. So that means just 100 parking spots when it does open.

that is gonna be the interesting part, what does # 101 do when they can't park?

I am already seeing more boat traffic headed toward crockett/coffee mill.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
I can’t wait to see all the fuss when everyone starts really watering their yards in North Texas this next month and it draws down another 2 or 3 feet. Then it delays again. I think you guys forget this lake was built for North Texas water supply. Don’t think us fisherman are the first things on their mind.

Will allowing boats on the water now keep them from being able to pump next month?
Posted By: Cameron

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 02:32 PM

Someone could make a fortune with a private parking lot and shuttle service.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 03:03 PM

I would expect to be able to park alongside the road or in a field that adjoins the park
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 03:41 PM

It's amazing the number of guides for that lake already.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 03:55 PM

Yep be bad u got a guide trip and nowhere to park. Glad I live close nuff just get somebody drive me down and unload boat and bring truck and trailer home

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by slim 285

I would expect to be able to park alongside the road or in a field that adjoins the park

I believe all the grassy areas near the ramps are cabled off

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/14/24 04:46 PM

Yep and down alongside the road there is cable. They have the room for more parking but guess they not gonna clear it off

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/15/24 01:05 AM

Yep and down alongside the road there is cable. They have the room for more parking but guess they not gonna clear it off

someone that plans on fishing it much, there is an rv park at the turn to the 897 ramp. maybe get 2-3 in on a spot for parking, it's not far.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/15/24 01:43 AM

So it's gonna be a s show is what you are saying

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/15/24 02:52 AM

Is this place a joke?
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/15/24 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by slim 285

I believe all the grassy areas near the ramps are cabled off

I got bolt cutters and dewalt cordless grinder with a cutoff wheel .
Who ever designed the parking then needs to be fired !

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/15/24 12:53 PM

Up a little @ 532.36 this morning. Rain tonight and possibly heavy unless they have changed it since last night. Maybe it will be at or above pool stage by Wednesday or Thursday.
I drove very near to it yesterday and wanted to go by and see it, but we were headed for the NASCAR race and didn't have time. When we came back through it was about 10:00 pm.
Posted By: Sumfish

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/15/24 05:16 PM

Great idea that I may pass along to my cousin that bought a few acres last year within a mile of the lake. She plans to build a home there in the near future.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/15/24 05:27 PM

Let's go fish

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/15/24 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by RCarter
Let's go fish

Got your downriggers and planer boards ready?

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/16/24 11:01 PM

had to go to the bank in honey grove monday, fm 100 is no where near good for pulling a boat on.

that may be why they have not opened it yet, resurfacing 100 and it is afu right now.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/16/24 11:06 PM

Afu as in fubar?

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/16/24 11:15 PM

One of the real estate companies that bought land around the lake is advertising lots for as little as $99k on Facebook and I'm already seeing people warn folks that are asking about the lots about the water level situation. If it drops like it has been doing the past year, there are going to be some lawsuits for sure. They are also advertising the properties as being CLOSE to DFW, I guess it's all in how you define CLOSE because in my book it's not............

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/16/24 11:38 PM

One of the real estate companies that bought land around the lake is advertising lots for as little as $99k on Facebook and I'm already seeing people warn folks that are asking about the lots about the water level situation. If it drops like it has been doing the past year, there are going to be some lawsuits for sure. They are also advertising the properties as being CLOSE to DFW, I guess it's all in how you define CLOSE because in my book it's not............

hard to sue for acts of nature, not a constant level lake

we actually lose a lot more water from evaporation than pulling water

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/16/24 11:56 PM

If only the authorities had known where the lake was going to be and had worked on the road in the last few years.

Trust government to be the most efficient at everything.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 12:04 AM

If only the authorities had known where the lake was going to be and had worked on the road in the last few years.

It is a shame this project came along so fast that they did not have a chance to fix the roads

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 12:08 AM

Yea that's Bois d Arc Shores on CR 2900 u are talking bout with all the lots. They are way on the west end of the lake. Found them riding around Sat evening. Friend of mine lives rite deside them Said there will be another set of 200 beside that bunch. When lake gets low won't be able to see any water
Posted By: chickenfried76

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron
Someone could make a fortune with a private parking lot and shuttle service.

This is a genius idea. Money maker for sure.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 12:39 AM

Are these lots being advertised as waterfront or deep-water access?

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 03:09 AM

I live almost on Cooper and it's the same deal; it gets eaten up by evaporation, but it does not have waterfront property. It is surrounded by a WMA.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 03:53 AM

I live almost on Cooper and it's the same deal; it gets eaten up by evaporation, but it does not have waterfront property. It is surrounded by a WMA.

Cooper was so good the first few years it was open, it's unbelievable how the bass fishing now.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 12:28 PM

It is a shame this project came along so fast that they did not have a chance to fix the roads

they redid a lot of what they are now redoing about 3 yrs ago, the trucks hauling into and out of the dam tore up 100 they had about 4 miles torn up the other day and down to dirt.

we still have too many damn gravel wagons no matter what the job.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 12:36 PM

Cooper was so good the first few years it was open, it's unbelievable how the bass fishing now.

I moved here in 2004 and it was still producing as good as any lake around here. When we had that drought and all the forest fires in 2006 around the state and Cooper pulled down to 421.98; pool stage 440, it never was the same after that, it pulled down to about a 1/3 of its normal size and all the fish were herded up in a tight area. We were overrun with predatory birds; always been a large population on the lake, I guess they ate most of the LMB's. I know it still has bass in it because you can go right now and hear them up in the woods in that back water chasing shad, just can't get to them in a boat. One of my HS team kids was using a cast net to catch some bait for catfishing a while back and they caught some fingerling size LMB's, they put them back. About 3 or 4 years ago TP&W put 250,000 fingerlings in it but I think that is the only LMB restock it has had since the 2006 drought.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 01:38 PM

It’s open
Posted By: Sumfish

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 01:52 PM

https://boisdarclake.org/
Wonder when they will update their website then if it is open already.

Ramp Location Status
FM 897 Boat Ramp 740 County Road 2945, Dodd City, Texas 75438 CLOSED
South 1396 Boat Ramp 1191 Old 1396 S, Windom, Texas 75492 CLOSED
North 1396 Boat Ramp 1510 Old 1396 N, Telephone, Texas 75488 CLOSED

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 01:53 PM

Idk.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 02:06 PM

I’ve been fishing it for weeks.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 02:06 PM

Backed up like crazy

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 03:12 PM

cheers

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 03:18 PM

Conn's first fish. 5.76. [Linked Image]

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 03:22 PM

thumb

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/17/24 03:34 PM

Conn's first fish. 5.76. [Linked Image]

a new lake record! woot

roflmao
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/18/24 03:18 AM

So when will the official lake record be announced, there will have to be official scales somewhere close to the lake.
1. There are no marinas on the lake.
2. You have to have official scales--see above.
3. You can't take any fish from the lake over 16" unless it's a SAL-during SAL season.
So unless TPWD gets a call to come down to a ramp to officially weigh a fish looks like the record may be the 1st SAL entered next year.
** guess someone can unofficially claim the lake record with pic of fish on their scales.
So guess the 1st one to fill out the paperwork for official lake record under 16" will be the 1st lake record.
Sorry for any confusion.
Posted By: Captain Break-Off

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/18/24 12:30 PM

So when will the official lake record be announced, there will have to be official scales somewhere close to the lake.
3. You can't take any fiah from the lake unless it's a SAL-during SAL season.
So unless TPWD gets a call to come down to a ramp to officially weigh a fish looks like the record may be the 1st SAL entered next year.
** guess someone can unofficially claim the lake record with pic of fish on their scales.
So guess the 1st one to fill out the paperwork for official lake record under 16" will be the 1st lake record.

The lake actually has a 16" maximum length limit for bass .

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/18/24 04:25 PM

3. You can't take any fiah from the lake unless it's a SAL-during SAL season.

don't even take a sal, if it is 16" or over you have to toss it back, sal you would call for the truck to come get it.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/bois_darc
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/18/24 04:29 PM

Already got all the "guide experts" showing up. "Yea, been fishing this lake for years......." If you're taking people on a lake no one has ever fished, you're not a guide, you're a chauffeur.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/18/24 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Already got all the "guide experts" showing up. "Yea, been fishing this lake for years......." If you're taking people on a lake no one has ever fished, you're not a guide, you're a chauffeur.

100 percent correct. People are paying for a driver

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/18/24 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

100 percent correct. People are paying for a driver

for 500.00 a day I could shoofer some rookies. nuts

watched off and on yesterday and sat waiting on some deliveries from 1-4 and only saw one boat headed north.

waiting for the first "incident" with one of the gravel or sod haulers, we have more than our share.
Posted By: Mac Town Fuzz

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/18/24 11:57 PM

I’m laughing at all the d*ck measuring contests on social media. Everytime someone posts a picture of a fish some expert comes to argue that they’ve already caught one bigger.
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/19/24 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mac Town Fuzz

I’m laughing at all the d*ck measuring contests on social media. Everytime someone posts a picture of a fish some expert comes to argue that they’ve already caught one bigger.

I laughed louder and longer...just sayin......

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/19/24 02:49 AM

Anyone with a DD yet?

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/19/24 04:37 AM

Anyone with a DD yet?

Probably not, think Josh is at Ivie bolt

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/19/24 02:33 PM

A GUIDE REALLY! Wow that didn't take long. roflmao
Posted By: mudd

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/19/24 07:11 PM

Wonder how many guides have listed it as there lake to go to

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/19/24 07:27 PM

A GUIDE REALLY! Wow that didn't take long. roflmao

If you're a guide and fishing a lake you've never fished before, should you not be considered a guide?

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/19/24 07:52 PM

I definitely think you could be a guide, I’m sure there are many area guides whio have clients that don’t have boats that want to fish the new lake. who cares, a guide is a guide. Call it whatever you want. Chauffeur, tour guide, boat excursion.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/19/24 08:29 PM

I definitely think you could be a guide, I’m sure there are many area guides whio have clients that don’t have boats that want to fish the new lake. who cares, a guide is a guide. Call it whatever you want. Chauffeur, tour guide, boat excursion.

“Pro” and Co? roflmao

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/19/24 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

“Pro” and Co? roflmao

Ha, I mean, all anyone does is stare at a screen and sway back and forth on the trolling motor. You can do it anywhere, right?
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 01:22 AM

Hell everyone these days is a guide anyways. Not like being a “guide” is prestigious anymore anyways. It’s a meaningless title most people use to feel good.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 04:53 AM

Old Conn will block you from his social media if you ask him if his middle name is Cordy

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 05:02 AM

“Pro” and Co? roflmao

Co's b4 Ho's

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 12:18 PM

“Pro” and Co? roflmao

Co's b4 Ho's

This is not true Douglas J. …nfhbass

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 01:43 PM

Don't get me wrong; people are going to need guides on this lake, especially if they don't own a boat, but I don't think I'd actually call it guiding at least for a year or two. Right now, it's more like you buy my gas and pay me a fee; and gratuity if you like, and I'll haul you around the lake so you can catch some fish.
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 01:44 PM

Kind of like Squaw when it opens in the Fall.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 02:04 PM

Don't get me wrong; people are going to need guides on this lake, especially if they don't own a boat, but I don't think I'd actually call it guiding at least for a year or two. Right now, it's more like you buy my gas and pay me a fee; and gratuity if you like, and I'll haul you around the lake so you can catch some fish.

I think what you just described is guiding. So, if you are doing that on Bois d arc today, tmrw, next week, next year, or 10 years from now, you’re guiding.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Champion1
Kind of like Squaw when it opens in the Fall.

Lol yes the ones who except for 1 guy who don't know what they are doing.....but they sound good on fb.....
Posted By: nellie

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 03:48 PM

Lake will be closed next week due to being over full pool with all this rain,lol.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 04:41 PM

I think what you just described is guiding. So, if you are doing that on Bois d arc today, tmrw, next week, next year, or 10 years from now, you’re guiding.

If I am hiring a guide I do so assuming they have some particular experience on the body of water, knowledge of "good spots" and where you can and can't run etc.

right now, every swingin richard that hits the lake is a total rookie, no special nuthin due to lack of knowledge of the lake and patterns.

2 yrs. from now and someone with solid time on the lake can call themselves a guide.

jmo

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 04:58 PM

If I am hiring a guide I do so assuming they have some particular experience on the body of water, knowledge of "good spots" and where you can and can't run etc.

right now, every swingin richard that hits the lake is a total rookie, no special nuthin due to lack of knowledge of the lake and patterns.

2 yrs. from now and someone with solid time on the lake can call themselves a guide.

jmo

I hear ya, but, there could be a few guys out there that have done some serious scouting and already have a pretty good idea where they can run. As for fishing spots, someone could easily fake it until they make it. Ride the new lake high until they figure it out for sure. A good local guide from Fork or another area lake could easily apply what he knows to bois d arc and be a good guide fairly quick. I would say within 2 weeks.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 05:06 PM

[Linked Image]

Where is everyone at today? Bunch of fair weather p’s!
roflmao

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cruzfishing

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 06:30 PM

[Linked Image]

roflmao

[Linked Image]

Those storms got bad, be careful out there!
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 06:35 PM

OMG if ya go … stay low.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 06:49 PM

Shoot. I don’t know if anyone has ever seen an actually lighting strike and heard it up close, if you have, you’re in a safe place…

I was 45 steps away one day, saw a tree catch on fire, that’s a life changer, no more messing around in lighting storms for me.
Posted By: Greg Z

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 07:41 PM

why are the courtesy docks closed?

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Z

[Linked Image]

metal on water = lightning magnet! This was on another lake BTW...

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Z

[Linked Image]

metal on water = lightning magnet! This was on another lake BTW...

I don’t get it?

I missed the description - wow - that’s scary.

I remember somewhere seeing a graphite rod that had been hit, it was a big ball of carbon filaments at the rod handle. Crazy

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 09:01 PM

The modern definition of liability and the world we live in these days.

Back in the day, the judge would laugh at your electrocuted and burned face for going out in a thunderstorm.
These days, settlement to avoid soft public scrutiny.
Thus, the liability is shifted from the individual who chooses to risk going out in a storm to the people who manage the metal courtesy dock.

Yes, it’s ridiculous.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 09:06 PM

They are sure confident in that lake staying full (or empty peep), docks that aren’t adjustable.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 09:14 PM

All by design…I don’t think they want tournaments and definitely not warm weather tournaments.
Establish a pattern of the ramps being closed at three feet low, and tournament directors won’t schedule.

I have no doubt Collin County, Fannin, and Grayson will drain off this moderate flooding in a couple weeks.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 09:26 PM

[Linked Image]

roflmao

[Linked Image]

How's the fishing?
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 10:09 PM

Shoot. I don’t know if anyone has ever seen an actually lighting strike and heard it up close, if you have, you’re in a safe place…

I was 45 steps away one day, saw a tree catch on fire, that’s a life changer, no more messing around in lighting storms for me.

I'm typically not one afraid of lighting storms but around 5 years ago I was on my way home from work and saw a lighting bolt strike the top of chimney. It sent bricks and fire everywhere. I certainly changed my thoughts about being out in a lighting storm.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/20/24 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Grainraiser

I'm typically not one afraid of lighting storms but around 5 years ago I was on my way home from work and saw a lighting bolt strike the top of chimney. It sent bricks and fire everywhere. I certainly changed my thoughts about being out in a lighting storm.

I’ve always been a little cautious with lightning. When I was about 10, our neighbors down the road had 2 kids my age. One night their house got hit by lighting, it smoked the girls upstairs bedroom, started her room on fire. Luckily her and her brother had gone to grandparents for the weekend and her parents room was downstairs, everyone was safe, she got real lucky….but that opened my eyes, don’t mess with lightning.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/21/24 01:06 PM

Several years ago I got caught in a pop up summer storm on a river at home several miles from the boat ramp where I put in and had to run my rig up on the bank and take cover. Lightning hit a cotton wood tree so near me that when it was over my boat was full of cotton wood bark, and yes it was a very much alive tree. It peeled a slab out of it about as wide as my hand from top to bottom.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/21/24 01:33 PM

a few yrs. back I got caught on fork at the mouth of white oak fishing a big bass tourney.

another boat with a father/son from houston and I got up on the first dock, stayed there for about an hr. or more and saw 3-4 strikes. weird part was 2 idiots in a ranger stayed out tied to a large dead tree and kept fishing, they should have bought lottery tickets after that.

rained so hard our bilges ran for about 30 mins. just to keep up.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/21/24 09:13 PM

There's no room for tournaments out there. Every single parking spot was full today.

Re: Bois d Arc - 04/21/24 11:07 PM

I'm going to make the run mid week next week; I was going to go this weekend but had prior commitments and spent the weekend in the Los Colinas/Irving area. We drove a lot on the George Bush Turnpike, 635, Northwest Highway, and I-30 and something that really jumped out at me is all the new apartment and high-rise business construction that is going on as well as new neighborhoods. DFW is going to need those other lakes pretty quickly, they'll be pumping every lake that is in the chain of water supply lakes as hard as they can go and still probably won't keep up. The way it is looking they won't just need the lakes but are going to have to start upgrading water mains across DFW as well. It's absolutely nuts just how much growth is taking place there right now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum