Texas Fishing Forum

Lunkers TV

Posted By: James Walston

Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 01:34 AM

Anyone see Rob Terkla's video that just dropped on youtube?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 01:48 AM

Cliff notes? Must watch video?
Posted By: Basskicker907

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

Calls out Milliken and the hangover and says only they design a good swimbait even though they rebranded a magdraft.

Save your time.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 01:55 AM

He must be needing some clicks. I unfortunately will not be able to help him
Posted By: nfhbass

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 01:56 AM

It’s a good video. Not sure what to think of some of it.

I tend to believe Ben, before Rob, mostly because Ben can Fish. Rob mostly is ramming around with ADHD doing all sorts of stuff like buying ball cards and abandoned storage units.

Both are getting what they want.
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 02:01 AM

Is he still relevant? WTF cares

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Basskicker907

Calls out Milliken and the hangover and says only they design a good swimbait even though they rebranded a magdraft.

Save your time.

cheers

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by nfhbass
It’s a good video. Not sure what to think of some of it.

I tend to believe Ben, before Rob, mostly because Ben can Fish. Rob mostly is ramming around with ADHD doing all sorts of stuff like buying ball cards and abandoned storage units.

Both are getting what they want.

Speaking of rambling around liek they have adhd....
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 02:29 AM

Ben did post a complimentary video showing all of the big soft baits he has fished saying that he tried to take the best attributes from many of them.With the recent blatant knock offs by Berkley and the Rapala Crush line, it is becoming obvious that we may have reached the limits of creativity. Even Z-Man who defended their patents against all, knocked off the Hog Farmer Spunk Shad this year.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 02:34 AM

Berkeley is releasing the krej….its’ cutting edge innovation, must have.
Posted By: RCarter

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 02:54 AM

Starting to figure you out nfhbass.......LMAO

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by RCarter

What have you learned about me so far?
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 03:01 AM

Did you recently get out of prision or retire?

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 03:12 AM

That you really are A PIECE OF WORK bolt

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 03:13 AM

That you really are A PIECE OF WORK bolt

Why do you say that?
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 03:16 AM

Really wish there was a Minnesota fishing forum.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by 4Weight

There is, you’re welcome to go to, and welcome to come fish up here.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 03:19 AM

Starting to figure you out nfhbass.......LMAO[/quote]

What have you learned about me so far?[/quote]
Did you recently get a new computer or become disabled?

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 03:24 AM

Everyone has such nice things to say on here.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 03:29 AM

Did you recently become unemployed and do you eat beans in your chili?
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by 4Weight
[quote=nfhbass] Berkeley is releasing the krej….its’ cutting edge innovation, must have.

There is, you’re welcome to go to, and welcome to come fish up here.

Nah I’ll just head straight to Canada. 🇨🇦
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Smurfs

Chili doesn’t have beans.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

Chili doesn’t have beans.

I have a feeling it does in his.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 04:25 AM

Does anyone else think it’s weird that Milliken talks about pouring his own jigheads with a certain hooks he likes. If you are a part owner of 6th sense, why doesn’t 6th sense just make whatever jig it is that he spends time making on his own?

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 04:34 AM

Does anyone else think it’s weird that Milliken talks about pouring his own jigheads with a certain hooks he likes. If you are a part owner of 6th sense, why doesn’t 6th sense just make whatever jig it is that he spends time making on his own?

Are you in a wheel chair and do you enjoy a McRib sandwhich?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 05:47 AM

I like using my own jigs, I have more confidence in them than anything you can get made for you. I have gone through dozens of hooks. I have tried multiple ways to trim the skirts, and I have found a great balance with weight forward ties that allow a dive and stand, and weight back ties that allow a more horizontal swim and fall. Bonus I have tons of confidence in my favorite color schemes.
It is very satisfying. Plus, pouring and tying gets me out of the house and some quality me time when its not fishing weather
Posted By: Harleydude

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 06:59 AM

So he made a video to say everyone copies each other and the hangover isn’t good and rolls and then proceeds to make a commercial for the daingerous swimmer. All I know is he had the hook of that Hangover rigged way closer to the front of the bait than I have ever seen in any other demo before. I have a few hangovers so I guess I will find out on my own.
Posted By: Fish Tackle & Marine

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 07:36 AM

More than likely they would have to commit to an order of 10 or 20k and with sales it probably not worth it.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 11:47 AM

Is this one of those swim bait fights that is gonna end up with someone having a black eye at the Oakridge boat ramp...... roflmao
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 12:13 PM

Are you in a wheel chair and do you enjoy a McRib sandwhich?

The McRib doesn't deserve to be insulted like that.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Harleydude
So he made a video to say everyone copies each other and the hangover isn’t good and rolls and then proceeds to make a commercial for the daingerous swimmer. All I know is he had the hook of that Hangover rigged way closer to the front of the bait than I have ever seen in any other demo before. I have a few hangovers so I guess I will find out on my own.

Basically. I'd tell him to slow down when he talks but him dumb [censored] videos would be longer. roflmao
That was embarrassing but they're after clicks so who cares?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Is this one of those swim bait fights that is gonna end up with someone having a black eye at the Oakridge boat ramp...... roflmao

Or people getting thier a$$ whooped on the front deck of their own boat!!!

I just watched the video. It's really kinda comical. From what Ive seen, 6th Sense is putting out WAY better products that Googan. Hands down! Maybe thats got Lunkers a little nervous. And I personally think Zaldain should concentrate more on fishing like he did before going to Googan. Maybe he'd made the Classic this year. Seems these days he thinks he knows everything about everything. Old Zaldain used to just fish, and was alot better on the water and did a hell of alot better on the trail. Just my opinion.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 04:39 PM

Zaldain hopped on the money train, but I agree, he seems out of character along side terkla

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 06:00 PM

If I buy a Daingerous Swimmer I am going to have to use a sharpie and put a mustache on it. It is the secret to making it work.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey

Or people getting thier a$$ whooped on the front deck of their own boat!!!

I just watched the video. It's really kinda comical. From what Ive seen, 6th Sense is putting out WAY better products that Googan. Hands down! Maybe thats got Lunkers a little nervous. And I personally think Zaldain should concentrate more on fishing like he did before going to Googan. Maybe he'd made the Classic this year. Seems these days he thinks he knows everything about everything. Old Zaldain used to just fish, and was alot better on the water and did a hell of alot better on the trail. Just my opinion.

This is Bass Mafia. They have this and a spoon for baits so far. I always thought they were a tackle storage company.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 06:15 PM

Isn’t bass mafia and Google pretty much the same thing?

I know bass mafia made a spoon with nichols
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 07:21 PM

I knew Zaldain did some damage in some tournaments on that spoon. But just not sure when he became the Yoda of swimbait fishing. Thats all new to me.
Posted By: Fish Tackle & Marine

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 07:25 PM

House of Outdoors/Googan bought Bass Mafia and rebranded to offer high quality products while understanding that people "hate" the googan brand but they could target that audience using Bass Mafia.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 07:32 PM

GOOGLE??????

nfhbass you really are a piece of work..... roflmao

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 07:45 PM

Listened to the video on the way to work, I just don’t know. Sounded like a guy that’s jealous of Ben’s ability to sell hundreds of thousands of swimbaits, while the Zaldangerous ones just kinda fizzled. How did that dude get over a million subscribers though?
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 08:29 PM

I am not knocking any bait, but any swimbait person knows the best ones aren't the ones that are massed produced like 6th sense, googan, or strike king. The hangover looks okay, but it doesn't look worth the money and the trouble people went through just to buy one. JMO. Grill me if you must.
Posted By: LunkersTV

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 08:48 PM

Listened to the video on the way to work, I just don’t know. Sounded like a guy that’s jealous of Ben’s ability to sell hundreds of thousands of swimbaits, while the Zaldangerous ones just kinda fizzled. How did that dude get over a million subscribers though?

I will say the daingerous Swimbait has sold out multiple times at many locations without any consumer complaints thus far. Was actually really well designed by Chris and the guy has a great understanding of how a harness needed to be built which we executed it fairly well. Also if they fizzled out like you say then why are they selling out throughout the United States with a very large back order already? I have no idea how I got a million subscribers by the way and I think I might have 2 million subscribers now and have done over 520,000,000 views if that makes you more concerned. But in the end marketing works wonders if I am somehow living rent free in everyones head on this forum after 8 years of making videos. Enjoy your day

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by LunkersTV

I will say the daingerous Swimbait has sold out multiple times at many locations without any consumer complaints thus far. Was actually really well designed by Chris and the guy has a great understanding of how a harness needed to be built which we executed it fairly well. Also if they fizzled out like you say then why are they selling out throughout the United States with a very large back order already? I have no idea how I got a million subscribers by the way and I think I might have 2 million subscribers now and have done over 520,000,000 views if that makes you more concerned. But in the end marketing works wonders if I am somehow living rent free in everyones head on this forum after 8 years of making videos. Enjoy your day

Not living rent free in my head, haven’t heard a thing about you since you dropped out of the NPFL. Hadn’t heard of you before the NPFL either though. I’m not a big YouTube watcher though, obviously, hence my question about how you got so many subscribers. Sorry, my comment offended you, I think I feel honored. roflmao

Is Ben Milliken living “rent free” in your head? Sure sounds like it.

This is fun, maybe Zaldangerous can comment too now.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 09:00 PM

popcorn

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 09:02 PM

I don’t see that swimbait on the googan site- is it marketed differently?

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 09:06 PM

I looked on TW, it’s a Bass Mafia Zaldangerous

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 09:12 PM

I guess that’s to keep more upscale baits under a different label than Googan? Just a a guess. I’ve never fished one- wonder if it’s different than a magdraft.
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 09:12 PM

How many did you buy?

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by JackMason

How many did you buy?

Me? Zero, same number that I bought of the Hangover model. I have a few of the MB Magdrafts and the fish in my lake don’t seem to hit them. I have caught a few on the MB glides, but never had a bump on the soft swimmers.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 09:32 PM

Just looked at the Lunkers YT again, yep, guy has over 2 million subscribers. For you guys that watch his channel, why does he have so many subscribers? Is he one of the first guys on YouTube? That guy that does the demolition ranch thing, lives in my town. Apparently he’s got a ton of viewers too and someone said it’s because he was one of the first YouTubers. Must be a kid thing, I don’t know if the older guys are big YouTube watchers. confused 3

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 09:51 PM

Just looked at the Lunkers YT again, yep, guy has over 2 million subscribers. For you guys that watch his channel, why does he have so many subscribers? Is he one of the first guys on YouTube? That guy that does the demolition ranch thing, lives in my town. Apparently he’s got a ton of viewers too and someone said it’s because he was one of the first YouTubers. Must be a kid thing, I don’t know if the older guys are big YouTube watchers. confused 3

A combination of things- googan squad/fishing, military videos he did, probably some smart marketing on having different other YouTubers do videos together- basically share subscribers- I’m sure some in the past few years have subscribed to well how do I say it tactfully- get a peak at the twin peaks.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 10:11 PM

A combination of things- googan squad/fishing, military videos he did, probably some smart marketing on having different other YouTubers do videos together- basically share subscribers- I’m sure some in the past few years have subscribed to well how do I say it tactfully- get a peak at the twin peaks.

Twin peaks? His ex-wife, someone posted a link to her channel on BBC a few months ago. I don’t think she’s a fan of her ex-husband.

That demolition ranch fella has 11 million subscribers, insane! I thought Milliken had a lot, then saw how many this Lunker fella has, then was really blown away by the demolition guys numbers. Then I looked at Tactical Bassin, I thought they’d have a lot, nope 500k. These YT guys sure did get in at the right time, smart or lucky, profitable either way.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 10:26 PM

Seems almost creepy to post this but I guess they don’t mind so this is what I meant:
[Linked Image]

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 10:27 PM

So grout you start doing tile jobs in a thong and I’ll subscribe…😆

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 10:49 PM

So grout you start doing tile jobs in a thong and I’ll subscribe…😆

lol, you won’t want to see me in a thong! I see what you’re saying now about the peaks, lol. Maybe I should watch more of this YT stuff!

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by JackMason

How many did you buy?

Me? Zero, same number that I bought of the Hangover model. I have a few of the MB Magdrafts and the fish in my lake don’t seem to hit them. I have caught a few on the MB glides, but never had a bump on the soft swimmers.

MB Gizzard shad 6" magdraft catches them at choke and fayette.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 11:45 PM

GOOGLE??????

nfhbass you really are a piece of work..... roflmao

Oh gosh, an auto correct typo. My phone doesn’t type googan very well.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/19/24 11:47 PM

I like rob and Ben, I wish they wouldn’t jab at each other, they would get even further if they got along.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 01:24 AM

I like rob and Ben, I wish they wouldn’t jab at each other, they would get even further if they got along.

You should go hang out with them.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 02:07 AM

I’d wager it’s a bit past that. Video a few years back when googan got in the hard bait business and Ben did a video showing the copies- allegedly.
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 03:40 AM

Always a smart [censored] in the group!!

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 04:43 AM

Agreed. Haven’t been invited yet, but if I do get the invite, I’ll be there.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 04:45 AM

Do you like your job?

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 05:04 AM

Do you like your job?

Look at your posts. All you say is nothing.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 05:14 AM

Do you like your job?

Look at your posts. All you say is nothing.

Smurfs ask great questions, not sure why you refuse to answer them though.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 05:45 AM

Agreed. Haven’t been invited yet, but if I do get the invite, I’ll be there. [/quote]
Do you like your job?[/quote]
Look at your posts. All you say is nothing. [/quote]
That should hit close to home, yet you have answered nothing.
So, do you ever leave the house or computer?

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 02:09 PM

I’d wager it’s a bit past that. Video a few years back when googan got in the hard bait business and Ben did a video showing the copies- allegedly.

Agreed.

Does anyone remember when strike pro had what seemed like hundreds of different baits available? Some were really unique. Almost an Overwhelming amount of options. Then strike pro went away.

Todd Castledine I believe was involved with strike pro then, and later moved or got more involved in strike king where he advocated to bring the bubba from strike pro to strike king…now the hybrid hunter.

Is the old strike pro the supplier of blanks to these new bait companies that want solutions? (Milliken or googan)

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 05:46 PM

Agreed.

Does anyone remember when strike pro had what seemed like hundreds of different baits available? Some were really unique. Almost an Overwhelming amount of options. Then strike pro went away.

Todd Castledine I believe was involved with strike pro then, and later moved or got more involved in strike king where he advocated to bring the bubba from strike pro to strike king…now the hybrid hunter.

Is the old strike pro the supplier of blanks to these new bait companies that want solutions? (Milliken or googan)

Strike pro left many moons ago. They did some different kind of stuff

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 06:31 PM

[/quote] Strike pro left many moons ago. They did some different kind of stuff[/quote]

They left NA quite awhile ago, can’t remember exactly, my guess would be 2012. They were selling swimbaits in Europe up until at least 2018, or someone was under that brand.

What different kind of stuff are you talking about? I was curious if they’re now the supplier of hard baits to some of these newer companies, do you know?

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 07:09 PM

Do you Ice Fish?
Posted By: Cuervo Jones

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 09:00 PM

I just checked out the LunkersTV YouTube.
Hard pass.
All of his thumbnails look like desperate cries for attention…which I guess is the purpose. But dude looks like he’s trying WAY too hard.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 10:39 PM

Nothing gets clicks like an internet pissing match
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/20/24 10:57 PM

Nothing gets clicks like an internet pissing match

Once a year or so….there is a Lunkers thread. Must be planned!
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
I knew Zaldain did some damage in some tournaments on that spoon. But just not sure when he became the Yoda of swimbait fishing. Thats all new to me.

He's been a swim bait nut for years dude is hooked on them
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 04:20 AM

Linkers TV dude,
You were an immature, ignorant fraud 8 years ago when you stared posting videos from Fork and Monticello. My then 11 year old son would show me videos of LunkersTV and in one the guys in the boat were holding their spinning rods with the reels up. Then after actually witnessing your group of clowns (including the pink boat which from memory was yours, or could have been the YouTube idiot you filmed with) on Monticello fishing inside discharge buoys, I commented about it on the forum when video posted. All your elementary school minions ganged up and criticized me for pointing out the regulation infraction. Which was funny. Had no idea that you were associated with Goggan baits, but now I understand the [censored] said about the products. Since I have never held a pack of the baits in my hand I would not know, but I read that they are cheap imitations of other manufacturers products.

So it appears that you’re a fraud today just like you in the beginning. Sad statement on our younger generation that “buys” what ever is posted on YouTube. Thankfully my son got over your videos after a year.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by meP2too
Linkers TV dude,
You were an immature, ignorant fraud 8 years ago when you stared posting videos from Fork and Monticello. My then 11 year old son would show me videos of LunkersTV and in one the guys in the boat were holding their spinning rods with the reels up. Then after actually witnessing your group of clowns (including the pink boat which from memory was yours, or could have been the YouTube idiot you filmed with) on Monticello fishing inside discharge buoys, I commented about it on the forum when video posted. All your elementary school minions ganged up and criticized me for pointing out the regulation infraction. Which was funny. Had no idea that you were associated with Goggan baits, but now I understand the [censored] said about the products. Since I have never held a pack of the baits in my hand I would not know, but I read that they are cheap imitations of other manufacturers products.

So it appears that you’re a fraud today just like you in the beginning. Sad statement on our younger generation that “buys” what ever is posted on YouTube. Thankfully my son got over your videos after a year.

Sid, Don’t forget all the [censored] he tried to pull out here at Squaw.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 06:17 PM

Just about every mass produced lure comes from the same three foreign factories.

Support the smaller, local Texas bait makers like Smash Tech…higher quality and better results.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Just about every mass produced lure comes from the same three foreign factories.

Support the smaller, local Texas bait makers like Smash Tech…higher quality and better results.

Could you tell us more about this?

Is there info about which companies do their business local. For example, does Lake Fork Tackle make their baits locally?

I have no idea how to keep up with who owns what, and where things are made.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 06:53 PM

Is there info about which companies do their business local. For example, does Lake Fork Tackle make their baits locally?

they don’t print it on the package?

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 06:53 PM

Linkers TV dude,

This is hilarious. The guy ain’t perfect but he is pretty transparent. The amount of success he has had- I don’t think he’s much worried about your opinion.id wager most of us have done just as stupid stuff, it’s just not on film. As for the baits- I don’t care much for the hard baits but their soft plastics are my go to favorites.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I should have wrote this differently. Ideally a bait maker would be independently owned, and would manufacture in the US. Others are independently owned and made over seas. Another category could be owned by a holding company and made overseas.

Maybe all of that is written on the packaging.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 07:01 PM

You are going to pay more for local if the quality is the same- it’s just a reality the labor costs are much cheaper over seas.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 07:08 PM

You are going to pay more for local if the quality is the same- it’s just a reality the labor costs are much cheaper over seas.

I’m okay with that.

If I can’t buy them that are made in the us, I like that 6th sense is at least independently owned (at least I think), I have no idea who else is
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

It’s quite obvious when you look at the shape of the lures produced…especially crankbaits.
Just look at some of the 6th sense and Googan cranks—they are nearly identical, but with different eyes and paint.
They are likely made in the same overseas factory. It doesn’t matter much who brought it out first when it can be copied the next day.

Take a look at some of the Smash Tech lure making videos. He’s clearly pouring the swimbaits by hand and testing them in his shop here in Texas.

I will concede that it is near impossible to produce crankbaits in any sort of significant quantity at a competitive price without outsourcing production….but when you do, there are consequences.
Other than jerkbaits, crankbaits are dumb, simple designs easily reproduced with good results.

When it comes to soft plastic swimbaits and jointed swimbaits, it’s a different story.
The level of quality and results can not be mass produced.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 07:53 PM

All the USA owned and operated and made in USA bait makers should band together and create some sort of branding to put on their packaging and websites.

Like organic or non-gmo. Something identifiable and easy to recognize.

1. LFT is TX made, who is it owned by now?
2. Xcite, soft baits made in TX, hard baits made where all rest are made?
3. Hags?

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 08:08 PM

All the USA owned and operated and made in USA bait makers should band together and create some sort of branding to put on their packaging and websites.

3. Hags?

Isn’t “Made in USA” enough?

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 08:57 PM

3. Hags?

Isn’t “Made in USA” enough?

I guess this depends on how informed you would like to be.

There are many marketing scams out there, take for example “non-gmo” you can go to the store, and buy strawberries with “non-gmo” decals on the packaging. Well guess what? A GMO strawberry does not exist. The list is actually quite short; corn, soybean, cotton, canola, potato, papaya, summer squash, alfalfa apple, sugar beet and pink pineapple. I believe Scott’s has recently developed some gmo turf grasses, like a round up ready Bermuda and KBG if I remember. So while somebody is pitching the gmo is bad rhetoric so they can appeal to someone who cares about that and make more money, the other box of strawberries is likely, the same, it definitely doesn’t contain a genetically modified organism. Organic vs non-organic being yet a completely separate discussion.

In terms of tackle, it’s just as confusing. Milliken put out a video about this, and talked about how large investment groups are affecting the industry. So for me, I don’t think it matters as much where they are made, but who own the company, and where the profits are going. I get it, it doesn’t make sense to make 6XD crankbaits in USA. But I would rather buy from an independent USA owned company such as 6th sense (at least I think), and I would like to know more about other brands.

The easy ones are the made In USA, owned by USA, but those are pretty few and far between

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 09:32 PM

Here you go, USA owned and made.

https://www.blacklabeltackle.com/
Posted By: Board Pro

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jason Hoffman -- Lake Fork Guide
Originally Posted by Board Pro

3. Hags?

I think it sold after the guy who stole it from Pack (RIP) kicked the bucket.

You really should consider deleting this post. Ronnie Parker was the money behind LFT from the very beginning. He didn't steal anything from Mark Pack. It's sad that you would accuse Ronnie of doing something like that when you obviously don't know the story or the man. And for the record, Mark ASKED Ronnie to buy him out, and Ronnie did exactly that even though it cost him dearly.

I deleted it, but all I can say is that is what i was told by the guy who started LFT. But out of respect for your authority and seniority as a guide I deleted it. Sorry
Posted By: Jason Hoffman -- Lake Fork Guide

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jason Hoffman -- Lake Fork Guide

3. Hags?

I think it sold after the guy who stole it from Pack (RIP) kicked the bucket.

You really should consider deleting this post. Ronnie Parker was the money behind LFT from the very beginning. He didn't steal anything from Mark Pack. It's sad that you would accuse Ronnie of doing something like that when you obviously don't know the story or the man. And for the record, Mark ASKED Ronnie to buy him out, and Ronnie did exactly that even though it cost him dearly.

I deleted it, but all I can say is that is what i was told by the guy who started LFT. But out of respect for your authority and seniority as a guide I deleted it. Sorry

Ronnie and Mark started LFT together from the very beginning, so I'm not sure who you might have told you that. Mark had the ideas, but Ronnie had the money, so they started LFT. I'll delete mine too so we can erase the quotes and all. I appreciate it. Ronnie was a good man. I just don't want to see his name dragged through the mud. Thank you.

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/21/24 11:33 PM

Thanks Board Pro. I started hijacking this thread, I can start a new one talking can’t USA owned and made tackle companies. This one was for talking about Rob’s video about zaldains new signature swimbait.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Lunkers TV - 01/22/24 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Fish Killer
Linkers TV dude,

Sid, Don’t forget all the [censored] he tried to pull out here at Squaw.

Mr. Killer,
Hope you have been doing well.
I never knew what these disrespectful YouTubers did at Squaw, (I’ve been there 4 times since the 9/11 closure) but I could only imagine. It was probably worse than having their head lights on at the ramp. Their lack of fishing, hell to that matter, Social etiquette had no bounds. Just a bunch of smart a$$ jerks influencing children.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum