Texas Fishing Forum

Am I the only one?

Posted By: Houston Basscat

Am I the only one? - 08/17/23 03:49 AM

Am I the only one who is bothered by Kevin Vandam being denied a story book ending to his story book career when he was beaten by Matt Becker? The greatest tournament angler of all time had an opportunity to win his final tour event in his home state but was beaten by an angler who people are saying cheated at the Cayuga event. Becker also won AOY at the last minute after cheating in the same year? That is a damn shame. If Becker didn’t cheat he should say something. He’d probably get told to stand down again.
Posted By: ModGuy56

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/17/23 03:58 AM

Catch me up on how he cheated. I haven’t kept up with one MLF event this year. I never even heard of Matt Becker
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/17/23 03:59 AM

I’m sure you are not the only one bothered by BPT shenanigans.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/17/23 10:59 AM

popcorn2
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/17/23 08:28 PM

Doesn't bother me in the least... KVD went out on his own terms... Not many get to do that... Dan

And as far as the best... Rick Clunn or Roland Martin might have a thing or two to say about who's the greatest tournament angler ever...
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/17/23 09:46 PM

Not defending Becker but I believe he did pass a polygraph. Shuffield did not and was docked is pay and points. Just saying.....
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/18/23 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by 4Weight
Not defending Becker but I believe he did pass a polygraph. Shuffield did not and was docked is pay and points. Just saying.....

You have proof Becker did? Cuz I believe MLF like I believe our government. They go hand in hand with me. Lying cheating stealing bullshitters.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/18/23 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet

You have proof Becker did? Cuz I believe MLF like I believe our government. They go hand in hand with me. Lying cheating stealing bullshitters.

Do you have proof he didn't? How would it benefit BPT letting him slide if he failed?

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/18/23 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Do you have proof he didn't? How would it benefit BPT letting him slide if he failed?

Thank you,

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/18/23 03:22 AM

I think you take fishing way too seriously
Posted By: texasfisherman1

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/18/23 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Houston Basscat
Am I the only one who is bothered by Kevin Vandam being denied a story book ending to his story book career when he was beaten by Matt Becker? The greatest tournament angler of all time had an opportunity to win his final tour event in his home state but was beaten by an angler who people are saying cheated at the Cayuga event. Becker also won AOY at the last minute after cheating in the same year? That is a damn shame. If Becker didn’t cheat he should say something. He’d probably get told to stand down again.

Why do you think he didn't address it? Video Around 18:00
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/18/23 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Houston Basscat

I know I am probably in the minority here but I have never given MLF the time of day to even watch an event. I watched a few mins of KVD highlights when he caught about 18# in first 30 mins of 2nd or 3rd day but other than that not for me.

I did see KVD's podcast with Mercer where he alluded to Becker and some of the others being polygraphed. Call me old school but I am a BASS guy.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/18/23 02:41 PM

As far as I know Becker beat KVD on Saginaw Bay fair and square. But he definitely cheated at Cayuga. I seen it with my own eyes live. Shame he wasn’t punished and now the BPT has a cheater for their AOY. Hard to take that league seriously.
Posted By: Tyler Kalishek

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/18/23 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Doesn't bother me in the least... KVD went out on his own terms... Not many get to do that... Dan

And as far as the best... Rick Clunn or Roland Martin might have a thing or two to say about who's the greatest tournament angler ever...

No they don’t
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Am I the only one? - 08/18/23 05:27 PM

KVD retired the day he left BASS as far as I'm concerned.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum