Texas Fishing Forum

Pelagic or Huk?

Posted By: davisxx

Pelagic or Huk? - 01/28/23 05:41 PM

Any preference over either brand, pros or cons on both...
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/28/23 07:44 PM

I have no experience with Pelagic but have a lot of Huk stuff.

Jacket, hoodies, button up shirts, hooded sun shirts, swim trunks, Waypoint pants, etc. I'm a fan of it all.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/28/23 10:11 PM

I have some for sale www.revolutionary-gear.com
Posted By: heb-bass

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/29/23 02:05 AM

Aftco
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/29/23 02:35 AM

Aftco for me. I find it cheaper priced. Same quality
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/29/23 06:37 AM

Overall I am disappointed with the longevity of Huk shirts and shorts. For my money Aftco and Pelagic seem to be more durable, but don't look past Columbia just because it's not as trendy, I feel like they are well made and sell for less than the other three.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/29/23 11:48 PM

Started off using HUK...had a few bad experiences with new clothes. They didn't stand by their warranty. Moved to Aftco and haven't had an issue with their clothes.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/30/23 02:17 AM

Simms and AFTCO.

Better quality. Last longer. Some little design edges that are great. Like the Simms long sleeve pullover. Collar actually fits snug to keep the sun out and they have loops in the end of the sleeve to offer back of the hand sun protection.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/30/23 01:54 PM

Not sure what type of clothes/gear you are wanting input on, but the Huk rain gear is pure junk. My son had a pair and they leaked the second time he used them. Probably the worst set of rain gear I've ever seen.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/30/23 01:57 PM

Simms.
Posted By: Dwhite206

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/30/23 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by heb-bass
Aftco

+1 Lots of cool colors and well though out styles
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/30/23 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Not sure what type of clothes/gear you are wanting input on, but the Huk rain gear is pure junk. My son had a pair and they leaked the second time he used them. Probably the worst set of rain gear I've ever seen.

My first rain suit was Frog Toggs...I think they come with the crotch ripped out right out of the package. THe plastic bag you get with a loaf of bread would keep you dryer..
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/30/23 04:32 PM

Pelagic and Huk both have some weird sizing. Especially if you're in between a XL and XXL.

I like Simms and Aftco both.
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/30/23 05:25 PM

AFTCO
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/30/23 08:03 PM

Russell athletics shirt, khaki cargo shorts and a pair of white new balance can be had at Walmart for slightly more than one shirt of the brands mentioned.....
Posted By: J-2

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/30/23 08:09 PM

Pelagic seems like better quality to me. I have a few items and wear both but I find I like the feel of the Pelagic best.
Posted By: STN

Re: Pelagic or Huk? - 01/30/23 09:47 PM

Pelagic all the way.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum