Texas Fishing Forum

Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes

Posted By: Loomis ex

Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/24/23 04:07 AM

I know a lot of folks don't like him, but he makes some good points on the dynamics of Texas lakes. I never really thought about it too much, but I agree on this one.
https://youtu.be/dEvex1dWlpY
Posted By: Rich12

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/24/23 09:26 PM

Exactly what are Texas lake dynamics? Fish do pretty much the same thing under the same conditions in similar lake all across the southern US. Do I need FFS to determine these "lake dynamics"?

I keep a log book every time I fish. I record, wind, water clarity, current if any, sky conditions, water temp, lures used, type of cover/structure fish were on. Now I can go to any lake I want to fish and get my book. I can look up a similar lake if at a new one and compare the days conditions with the past and I can just jump right on fish. Creatures of habit controlled by their environment.

This guy wants to be relevant but he is just a washed up has been.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/25/23 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rich12
Exactly what are Texas lake dynamics? Fish do pretty much the same thing under the same conditions in similar lake all across the southern US. Do I need FFS to determine these "lake dynamics"?

I keep a log book every time I fish. I record, wind, water clarity, current if any, sky conditions, water temp, lures used, type of cover/structure fish were on. Now I can go to any lake I want to fish and get my book. I can look up a similar lake if at a new one and compare the days conditions with the past and I can just jump right on fish. Creatures of habit controlled by their environment.

Originally Posted by Rich12

I watch him some but over the past few months I've come to the conclusion he's just making content just to making content a lot of times. It's like he's going to put something out there almost everyday to get viewership, more interested in getting paid by you tube than creating relevant content. Yet he's put some things out there I have agreed with as well and I have liked some of his fishing advice. I think his channel would be far better if he backed off a little bit.
Posted By: Will.i.am

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/25/23 04:17 AM

He said " Sam Rayburn and Toledo are in south Texas" That should tell ya everything you need to know.
Posted By: mossyback75

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/25/23 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Will.i.am
He said " Sam Rayburn and Toledo are in south Texas" That should tell ya everything you need to know.

I wish. I have to drive 5-6 freakin hours to get to them from Corpus Christi
Posted By: 361V

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/25/23 11:57 AM

Just one man’s opinion but I think he’s turned into pure “Click Bait”. Just mass produces shallow video’s. Some would say: “Internet Whore”. Guess we all have to do something for a living especially if fishing won’t pay the bills anymore.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/25/23 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
Just one man’s opinion but I think he’s turned into pure “Click Bait”. Just mass produces shallow video’s. Some would say: “Internet Whore”. Guess we all have to do something for a living especially if fishing won’t pay the bills anymore.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

He’s openly admitted this too. Just listen to Mercers podcast with him. He tells the ways he’s trying to get people to click on his videos then in the same breathe says it’s not clickbait.

He’s a joke. Can’t compete either.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/25/23 01:32 PM

Gave up on him a long time ago. He still thinks you can make a living on You Tube.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/25/23 04:46 PM

He does make some good points there, he puts some truth out there that needs to be said.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/25/23 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by 361V

Fishing never pays the bills it’s a myth.
Some of Randy’s videos are useful other opinion stuff not so much.
But hey he seems to be generating a lot of views and gets under some anglers skin which is funny cause they keep watching and bitching stir
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/25/23 05:27 PM

His sponsor contracts might require him to post a certain amount. Either way, it's not forced viewing material. Don't click it.

I think his video's are boring myself. But I also know he has fished at the top level for over 30 years and has made a good living. I'd bet he knows more than 90% of Anglers so let's not put the man down too much.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/26/23 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Will.i.am

roflmao
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/26/23 09:25 PM

Was listening to Gerald Swindle on the Mercer podcast today. They were talking about all the negativity in the world and on social media. G said the only negative comment he has ever put on social media was when he told Randy he is an idiot. Then they discussed how he really is an idiot. roflmao
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/26/23 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by DillonCan'tFish
Was listening to Gerald Swindle on the Mercer podcast today. They were talking about all the negativity in the world and on social media. G said the only negative comment he has ever put on social media was when he told Randy he is an idiot. Then they discussed how he really is an idiot. roflmao

That is too funny! I love the G-Man! roflmao
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Randy's thoughts on Texas Lakes - 01/26/23 11:33 PM

I don't know how anyone listens to him. He has got to be the most miserable person on the internet.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum