Texas Fishing Forum

Boat changes

Posted By: mskeeter

Boat changes - 01/06/23 03:29 AM

On instagram a few minutes ago I saw Jason Christie backing his new Skeeter boat into his garage.

Also saw Chris Zaldain on his new Nitro.

Have ya'll heard of any other changes?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 03:35 AM

Start updating the spreadsheet
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 03:36 AM

Well that xpress was the bestest fastest shallowest draftest boat on earth……

Zaldain in Nitro, the fancy folks will turn their nose up at that…😁
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 03:52 AM

Zack Birge out of basscat in to blazer
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 05:18 AM

And again, nobody buys a boat just because a certain pro uses one.
Posted By: Bassjiggin1955

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 06:34 AM

[Linked Image]

I'll keep my 1976 Monark I bought brand new in 1976
I still catch a lot of bass 47 years of joy.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 01:37 PM

Zaldain NOT in a Nitro. That was a borrowed boat for the video shoots he did on consecutive days. His Skeeter was delivered and waiting to be rigged.
Posted By: TopwaterTom

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 01:44 PM

These guys (and gals) are businessmen. IMO, they will go with whatever company gives them the best deal.
Yes there are features and performance things they want out of a rig, but if someone offers them a huge $$ sponsorship, they definitely tend to lean that way.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bassjiggin1955
[Linked Image]

Nice boat thumb

I'm still in a 87 Nitro with 87 Pro-V 150. Somehow it still catches fish.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by TxDanFishMan
[Linked Image]

Nice boat thumb

I'm still in a 87 Nitro with 87 Pro-V 150. Somehow it still catches fish.

My '22 BassCat has 53 hours on it, time to start thinking about ordering a '24 model
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

Wait!? Seriously!? I thought I had to have my Ranger because Ish, Hank, and other Rangers pros told me it was the best boat ever!
Posted By: Bassjiggin1955

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 08:01 PM

Wait im a business man have been for 46 years now and have done very well at the time my 76 Monark was the best deal for me at the time I've keep her up and still runs strong 2 carb rebuilds in 47 years 1 new trolling motor motor guide 80lbs thrust 2 hummingbird piranha max4 graphs lower unit changed once a year. The boat and motor still has a lot of life left. I look at a MX 21 Creastliner John cox special edition
$79,800.00 with everything plus the custom trailer The base price before his name was added $56,535.00
I'll keep mine thanks

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 09:21 PM

Wait im a business man have been for 46 years now and have done very well at the time my 76 Monark was the best deal for me at the time I've keep her up and still runs strong 2 carb rebuilds in 47 years 1 new trolling motor motor guide 80lbs thrust 2 hummingbird piranha max4 graphs lower unit changed once a year. The boat and motor still has a lot of life left. I look at a MX 21 Creastliner John cox special edition
$79,800.00 with everything plus the custom trailer The base price before his name was added $56,535.00
I'll keep mine thanks

Different strokes for different folks.

Some of us have done well and like new shinny stuff. Having an old boat is cool and having a new boat is cool. That is why I think we all need 2 boats!

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 10:02 PM

I asked this about whats his name on Honey Hole. He was in a Phoenix after being Nitro forever. All he talked about is how the Phoenix was so amazing and after a year he is back in a Nitro, which are complete junk IMO. But he will go on about how awesome his Nitro is. It just proves its all about the money and nothing more. Go buy what you like and fish out of it. I am loving my boat after so many said I wouldn't. It has some negatives but it has been my favorite boat to fish out of.

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Der Vorsteher
I asked this about whats his name on Honey Hole. He was in a Phoenix after being Nitro forever. All he talked about is how the Phoenix was so amazing and after a year he is back in a Nitro, which are complete junk IMO. But he will go on about how awesome his Nitro is. It just proves its all about the money and nothing more. Go buy what you like and fish out of it. I am loving my boat after so many said I wouldn't. It has some negatives but it has been my favorite boat to fish out of.

The Nitros are great boats to fish out of, run well in rough water and have great storage. If you only had to run a boat for a year at a time, it is as good as most out there.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 10:10 PM

I just buy what I like.
Posted By: HDVS

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

The Nitros are great boats to fish out of, run well in rough water and have great storage. If you only had to run a boat for a year at a time, it is as good as most out there.

I have ran a Z21 Nitro for 3 years and running it again next year bc there isn't a thing wrong with it. Ran a Z20 for the 2 years before that. Only issue I have ever had was a motor issue(shift actuator) I buy them. No deals!
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I just buy what I like.

Amen brother cheers
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
Originally Posted by grout-scout

Wait!? Seriously!? I thought I had to have my Ranger because Ish, Hank, and other Rangers pros told me it was the best boat ever!

Don’t forget about Denny, I’m sure he had some influence on you…
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Boat changes - 01/06/23 11:47 PM

I'll keep mine thanks

Some of us have done well and like new shinny stuff. Having an old boat is cool and having a new boat is cool. That is why I think we all need 2 boats!

Like mine!!! Just dropped off my old boat for a 2023 SHO. Nothing like writing a check for $27,000 for a motor, prop, and labor to sit in ripped seats on new carpet.

Re: Boat changes - 01/07/23 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
I'll keep mine thanks

Like mine!!! Just dropped off my old boat for a 2023 SHO. Nothing like writing a check for $27,000 for a motor, prop, and labor to sit in ripped seats on new carpet.

Sweeet!

Dam those motors have doubled in 10 years, I think the price of my new one in 2011 was $13K

Re: Boat changes - 01/07/23 12:22 AM

I'll keep mine thanks

Sweet, that new SHO is straight up one bad a$$ looking motor. cheers

Hoping that will be my next motor (if I hit the LOTTO) when my 250 PROXS (2 stroke) gives out.

Re: Boat changes - 01/07/23 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by KnotTexan
I'll keep mine thanks

Hoping that will be my next motor (if I hit the LOTTO) when my 250 PROXS (2 stroke) gives out.

You are to blame! But thanks again.

Funny thing…she tried to “upsale” me an analog hour meter. I asked her if she was gonna nickel and dime me to death? I told her I have a NMEA network and my graphs show me the hours…she said it would show the old engine hours….I laughed and explained how they work.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Boat changes - 01/07/23 01:08 AM

I'll keep mine thanks

Funny thing…she tried to “upsale” me an analog hour meter. I asked her if she was gonna nickel and dime me to death? I told her I have a NMEA network and my graphs show me the hours…she said it would show the old engine hours….I laughed and explained how they work.

Was that 27,000 for a 150hp?
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Boat changes - 01/07/23 01:11 AM

Justin Atkins posted on his Instagram story that he was headed west to pick up his new boat. Not sure if he'll be in a Falcon again or not confused 3

Re: Boat changes - 01/07/23 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Chris B
I'll keep mine thanks

He got a 200 thumb

Re: Boat changes - 01/07/23 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Chris B
I'll keep mine thanks

200 SHO. plus tax, title, documentation, prop, and labor. Motor was $22440.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Boat changes - 01/07/23 06:13 AM

Atkins in a Skeeter
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Boat changes - 01/07/23 03:17 PM

Nitro is junk…😂air ride seats, a z21 runs well in rough water, I’ve hit 72 fully loaded under perfect conditions- boat has never been back for warranty work….
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Boat changes - 01/07/23 04:32 PM

In this business its just like anything else when dealing with sponsors, "You've got to dance with the one that brung ya' to the dance". If things were to ever line up for me to get a boat deal admittedly there would be at least one brand I wouldn't have much to say about and I'll just leave it at that.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum