Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Belton Ramps

Posted By: Spyder_Jig

Lake Belton Ramps - 01/04/23 05:09 PM

Thinking about heading to Belton for a smallmouth trip this weekend. How are the ramps now that the lake is 13.5’ low? Is there a safe place to launch?
Posted By: Grasshopperglock

Re: Lake Belton Ramps - 01/04/23 05:21 PM

The majority of the lake is closed.

Leona Park and Belton lake park are still open. The boat docks are on dry land.

https://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/belton/

Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Lake Belton Ramps - 01/04/23 05:33 PM

Haven't been since before the Xmas cold spell, but it wasn't fishing too great then. Cedar Ridge or Rogers Park would be your best bets for a ramp. From either one I'd work down lake towards the dam. If you have a bank with big rocks that's getting a lot of wave action, try a square bill and a spinner bait. Also try a swim jig and a shaky head with a tube or craw. Last resort try a jigging spoon on the deeper creek channels, especially the bends. Get ready to lose a few to hang ups.
Posted By: Timberlake

Re: Lake Belton Ramps - 01/04/23 05:46 PM

I took my high school kids there for a tournament back on 12/14 and we launched at Rogers Park, it was fine (as Texan Til I Die recomended). Plenty of ramp left in the water. I noticed that there were also a bunch of trucks/trailers at Cedar Ridge park, (which was showing to be closed on the Lake Belton ramps page).

Be careful running around, there are stumps sticking up out in the middle of the lake near the river channel up around that area.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Lake Belton Ramps - 01/04/23 06:37 PM

80 boat tournament out there sunday
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum