Texas Fishing Forum

Did the PAA rise from the dead?

Posted By: SC-001

Did the PAA rise from the dead? - 01/03/23 09:14 PM

They bring it back? https://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/22693/NPAA-presentations-to-be-livestreamed
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Did the PAA rise from the dead? - 01/03/23 09:19 PM

peep
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Did the PAA rise from the dead? - 01/04/23 04:12 AM

I don't believe so. I think the PAA we know died way back when.

This NPAA has been around a while. I remember Ike talking about being a speaker on one of the Ike Live shows.

Very similar logo's and names but I think they're different organizations.

The National Professional Anglers Association (NPAA) is a 501(c) (6) non-profit organization. The association was founded in 1997 and has grown to today’s level by working to develop programs to benefit our members and the sport. One such program includes financial and organizational support for “Future Angler Events” that are run by our members every year. Our members have hosted over 900 of these “Future Angler Events” that have impacted nearly 100,000 young anglers since 2011.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Did the PAA rise from the dead? - 01/04/23 04:22 AM

Couple of interesting old articles

BassFIRST: The Professional Anglers Association

Laney Resigns as Head of PAA

Mark Davis on the PAA: "As far as I'm concerned, it's still there. I still support it and think it's still there. Unfortunately, the anglers still face the same problem and dilemma we have since the sport began, and that is that we're not together. There's no unity there. How do you get unity? I don't know. Unfortunately it takes some serious wrongdoing toward the anglers to get the guys mad enough to find common ground to stand on. And as long as (the leagues) keep half the troops happy, we don't have that unity. Is (the PAA) where it should be? Absolutely not. How do we get it there? I don't have those answers either. I've heard guys say they don't get anything for their (PAA dues), but I don't think they realize how much they've gotten for their money. We've made some great strides in this sport because of the PAA. I think it's important that the anglers realize that the BAAC is making a difference and the PAA can still make a difference, but we have to be unified."
Posted By: Pat Cella

Re: Did the PAA rise from the dead? - 01/11/23 03:32 PM

I think that the PAA that is Mark Davis is referring to here is the Professional Anglers Association (the group or association that is made up of the anglers to protect and support the anglers) and not the tournament circuit that was the PAA.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Did the PAA rise from the dead? - 01/12/23 05:22 AM

Last think I heard about it they voted Matt Reed as president and he wanted nothing to do with it and bailed and the whole association folded shortly after, the whole d@mn situation was an embarrassment.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum