Texas Fishing Forum

rod repair

Posted By: Happykamper

rod repair - 12/28/22 11:59 PM

I need a good rod repair guy, have about 10 rods that need attention, I am in the Keller / Southlake area, thanks for a referral.
Posted By: Lynn

Re: rod repair - 12/29/22 02:20 AM

Big John's Rod and Reel Repair, Weatherford, (817) 597-8273
Posted By: FishAdmirer

Re: rod repair - 12/29/22 04:59 AM

Big John is definitely worth the drive. He’s repaired a couple of rods and reels for me. Very knowledgeable and reasonable.
Posted By: n_fish

Re: rod repair - 12/29/22 05:03 AM

Southwest Parts in Dallas has a gentleman they use for rod repair off-site that does phenomenal work. I’d give them a call if you’re in that part of town. They’re at Mockingbird and Irving Blvd.
Posted By: J-2

Re: rod repair - 12/29/22 01:48 PM

Fun N Sun in Hurst has a guy. He has done several for me. You can’t tell the repair from factory work. The repair man picks up and drops off on Monday. So if you drop them off on Monday you will have them back in a week.

Re: rod repair - 12/29/22 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by J-2
Fun N Sun in Hurst has a guy. He has done several for me. You can’t tell the repair from factory work. The repair man picks up and drops off on Monday. So if you drop them off on Monday you will have them back in a week.

I have used them before, it has been awhile, I bet it is the same repair guy, will give them a try again since they are the closest and they did good before, thanks guys.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: rod repair - 12/29/22 03:17 PM

Get them to Hugh and have him drop them off at Tackle Depot to be fixed

Re: rod repair - 12/29/22 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Killer
Get them to Hugh and have him drop them off at Tackle Depot to be fixed

Thats a good idea, he owes me several favors lol thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum