Texas Fishing Forum

Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades.

Posted By: basshunter2000

Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades. - 12/21/22 04:06 PM

How do you all keep track of all the tackle you have and hardware upgrades which hardware ect.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades. - 12/21/22 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by basshunter2000
How do you all keep track of all the tackle you have and hardware upgrades which hardware ect.

I don't.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades. - 12/21/22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee

I don't.

Me neither.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades. - 12/21/22 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Dubee

I don't.

Me neither.

Yep, I don't really understand his question. As far as tackle, I just buy more when I run out of something. I have no clue what he's talking about as far as hardware
Posted By: basshunter2000

Re: Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades. - 12/21/22 05:20 PM

Hardware hooks, split rings ect. I'm not keeping track of stuff but I want to, that's why im.asking lol
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades. - 12/21/22 05:42 PM

Sounds like someone needs to Write a smartphone application and sell it...
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades. - 12/21/22 06:09 PM

I put all my split rings and spare treble h9oks in small plastic bagsby size and those are kept in a 3700 box.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades. - 12/21/22 07:35 PM

Ah. I get it.

I keep track of what I have in my head.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades. - 12/21/22 08:58 PM

I generally use the "oh sh_t" method. Look in my box and then..well, you know.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades. - 12/22/22 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Ah. I get it.

I keep track of what I have in my head.

+1 Simple as that, and I have a lot of tackle.

Some people put a sticker on their reel to tell them what # test line they have on it. I know what line I have on the reel based on the technique I am fishing and the rod and reel set up. Not that difficult.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades. - 12/22/22 01:20 AM

I dont really keep that stuff in the boat. I have a little box at home with treble hooks, split rings, bait making stuff. I already have to much tackle so i usually have an extra bait in the boat if i need it.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Keeping track of Tackle management and hardware upgrades. - 12/22/22 12:33 PM

I have one plastic box with all of my hardware, hooks, weights, swivels, beads, jingle bells, etc that I keep pretty well stocked.
Then I have another box that I put in my tackle bag which has a small amount of each so I don't have so much to deal with when I'm out fishing. Before each trip I take my box out to see if I need to replace some from the big box. By keeping quite a bit of stock at hand it gives me a chance to check to see if any of my stock goes on sale somewhere so I can take advantage of that to save some money and keep my backup stock full.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum